Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police shoot and kill 16 year old girl

SeekTruth

I guess I'll start with a question. Do police carry taser guns and could it have been used?

• Like 1

Too much unknown at the time.   If the person did have a knife and was going after another person it could be justified.   

i won't make any judgement at this time.  

• Like 2

A Columbus, Ohio, police officer fatally shot a teen girl Tuesday afternoon while responding to a call about someone armed with a knife, officials said. Portions of officer body-camera footage shown by police hours after the incident appeared to show the girl attempting to stab another female just before the gunfire.  After the shooting, there appears to be a knife on the ground by the person who was shot. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ohio-police-fatally-shoot-teen-girl-after-call-about-knife-attack/ar-BB1fSkGQ

• Like 2

As far as I was able to understand the story this was justified to save someone elses life. Unfortunate and tragic yes, but if the cop did not act we could have more than one fatality.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, odas said:

As far as I was able to understand the story this was justified to save someone elses life. Unfortunate and tragic yes, but if the cop did not act we could have more than one fatality.

I'm thinking the same thing, my view can change as more information comes out.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aztek said:

pulling a knife on another girl while cops brake up the fight,  yea, things like that can kill you.  

Why not use a taser in that situation?

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Why not use a taser in that situation?

A gun has a much quicker response time compared to a Taser. If you go out with a knife then expect deadly force. Simple

• Like 6

Seems a bit complicated at first glance.  She was the one that was calling the police and she was at her own home with the other two girls as trespassers.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Seems a bit complicated at first glance.  She was the one that was calling the police and she was at her own home with the other two girls as trespassers.  

What also might make this complicated is that Ohio has the Castle Doctrine law. 

Not sure if that will apply or not but it's been suggested on social media it could come into play.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

strange, it's barely been a day and the bodycam video is already released,   pretty strange how some videos are released next day others cops do not release due to "active investigation" 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Not sure if that will apply or not but it's been suggested on social media it could come into play.

it wont matter, she pulled a knife and was ready to stab someone, her house or not, it is not a smart thing to do in front of a cop with a gun drawn,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quite true, This girl might have been legally justified in stabbing these girls in Ohio.  I am curious if the Castle Doctrine is voided once the police show up. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Quite true, This girl might have been legally justified in stabbing these girls in Ohio.  I am curious if the Castle Doctrine is voided once the police show up. 

I have alot of questions on it. Like the one you just asked. I'm sure we will see some more on it in time.

• Like 3

I have alot of questions on it. Like the one you just asked. I'm sure we will see some more on it in time.

I don't think the cops will get in trouble over this.  They have no way of determining who the criminal and who is a victim on these instances.  I can see them just as easily shooting a homeowner with a gun defending his property against intruders.  It's a big flaw with Castle Doctrine.

It's also the problem of being armed in a mass shooting event.  You don't have a big sign on your head saying, "Hero" but you do have a big sign over your gun saying, "Active Shooter".

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

she was shot on a public\town property, you castle ends where sidewalk begins, 

Quite true.  Cops here in Iowa joke that if you shoot someone make sure their corpse falls on your property and if they don't be sure to drag them. (I was dating a police captain's daughter at the time)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Quite true.  Cops here in Iowa joke that if you shoot someone make sure their corpse falls on your property and if they don't be sure to drag them. (I was dating a police captain's daughter at the time)

Anecdotal, unacceptable

3 hours ago, SeekTruth said:

Nothing would keep him out of the wringer.  If he didn't act and the wee lamb stabbed another black girl to death, it would be HIS fault.  RAY-SUS dontchaknow?  This crap is beyond ridiculous and IMO, any cop who can see where this Marxist-led evil is headed, is a FOOL to keep working in the field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, keithisco said:

A gun has a much quicker response time compared to a Taser. If you go out with a knife then expect deadly force. Simple

So do you (or anyone here) know the likelihood that after being shot by a taser, she could have continued with the stabbing of someone?

• Confused 1