Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police shoot and kill 16 year old girl

SeekTruth

The break down and dismantling of the family creates most of the problem. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

The break down and dismantling of the family creates most of the problem. 

And now we have to factor in this new ethos in that community that literally incentivizes such behavior on the hope that there will be a lotto-like payout :(   Democrat governments and media have set the stage for growing lawlessness, they've even cheered it on.  The numbers of these kinds of violent interactions with cops will only grow and become more intense.  At some point, I'd have to assume that cops will just ignore calls into black or Hispanic neighborhoods OR when they respond, they'll stand back and just watch the crime like a spectator.  

This story is a perfect example of how the cops are being put into no-win situations.  He shoots to stop a potential murder and he'll be lynched by the media.  If he refused to act and one or both of these girls wind up bleeding out from a stab wound, then he's a racist who just lets crime happen IF it's happening to a "person of color".  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Jen Psaki says fatal cop shooting of Ma'Khia Bryant, 16, shows police violence 'disproportionately impacts black and Latino people' despite bodycam video showing her lunging with a knife 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9496641/Psaki-responds-fatal-cop-shooting-16-year-old-MaKhia-Bryant.html

Seriously!?  The police officer stopped her from stabbing someone.  How is it HIS fault she pulled a knife on someone?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, odas said:

I know, that could have worked maybe.

I looked up how different police training is in other countries. Unfortunately the US training, though warries state by state, is one of the poorest training systems. On average 18 weeks to become an officer. Compare that to 2.5 years - 4 years extensive schooling in Germany, or across europe. 

Probably some will not agree but it is evident that propective police officers in the US are not receiving propper training. I believe this creates most of the issues.

Well, what would a German officer have done differently. I read above that tasers are not as effective at stopping someone in their tracks as a gun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, glorybebe said:

Jen Psaki says fatal cop shooting of Ma'Khia Bryant, 16, shows police violence 'disproportionately impacts black and Latino people' despite bodycam video showing her lunging with a knife 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9496641/Psaki-responds-fatal-cop-shooting-16-year-old-MaKhia-Bryant.html

Seriously!?  The police officer stopped her from stabbing someone.  How is it HIS fault she pulled a knife on someone?

Maybe next time they can wait until they're done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, susieice said:

Of course, THEN the Raggedy-Ann press secretary would be stirring up the crowd saying the cops don't care to even try to keep black children safe.  I'm DONE with these people and their narratives.  All I can say is any cop who stays on the job in one of these Democrat-controlled cities is a fool.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, what would a German officer have done differently. I read above that tasers are not as effective at stopping someone in their tracks as a gun.

I read thru the training procedure in germany briefly. Their strategy is leathel force as the last resort. Defusing a dangerous situation is the first step. Extensive training (that is why a minimum of 2.5 years police training is required) in close fight skills as well disarming someone with a weapon.

Some will agree, some not, but right and proffesional training and education is the key. So I would say that the poor judgment skills of a police officer in most cases is due to insufficient and very basic training programs.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, and then said:

Of course, THEN the Raggedy-Ann press secretary would be stirring up the crowd saying the cops don't care to even try to keep black children safe.  I'm DONE with these people and their narratives.  All I can say is any cop who stays on the job in one of these Democrat-controlled cities is a fool.

Cities are seeing real problems. Philly is.

https://6abc.com/10528861/?ex_cid=TA_WPVI_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A Trending Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2XHsOnrsmw_sArEL8yrBcBxDSnwKiD6K5U8lfuoDDDoeRnTRhEhJXX0as

• Like 3

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Earlier this week 

• Like 5

All kids doing this.

• Like 2

Are there any riots or other displays of public unrest?

I can't see that the officer acted unreasonably. It's not like the Floyd or Wright case. That a child was killed is incredibly tragic but if a police offer responded to a stabbing incident and shot someone wielding a knife, he did his job.

What position would the officer be in if he didn't act and someone was stabbed? Wouldn't that be negligence?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

There should exist a law against stabbing another individual 

That's a bloody good idea. 

They should do that. 

• Like 2

Just now, psyche101 said:

That's a bloody good idea. 

They should do that. 

I'm sure AOC and the squad are writing it up as we speak

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Are there any riots or other displays of public unrest?

I can't see that the officer acted unreasonably. It's not like the Floyd or Wright case. That a child was killed is incredibly tragic but if a police offer responded to a stabbing incident and shot someone wielding a knife, he did his job.

What position would the officer be in if he didn't act and someone was stabbed? Wouldn't that be negligence?

Around the time of the shooting of Jacob Blake, there was a shooting in Lafayette of a knife wielding man named Trayford Pellerin.  It wasn't big news I assume because it wasn't objectionable. 

This thread is dig at those that expect high standards from police.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, odas said:

So I would say that the poor judgment skills of a police officer in most cases is due to insufficient and very basic training programs.

On THIS, we agree.  The root cause of that poor emphasis on professional training is always about the budget priorities that are set without a real desire to protect the people.  IOW, politicians like to spend money in ways that cause people to want to vote for them.  Policing isn't glamorous and these departments generally do not have a lobbyist pleading for better budgets.  

So what is the solution that is touted by one party?  DEFUND the cops.  It's insanity and these primarily Democrat-controlled major cities are going to reap a really foul harvest in the years ahead.  The very people that the Left say they want to protect, will be the population that suffers the most from these show trials and mob justice mentality.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

This thread is dig at those that expect high standards from police.

While showing very low standards of their own. How about people try to act civilized for once. How about instead of calling cops into the middle of your s**t show, you can the weapons and try using your brains. You have a problem, handle it. If your going to act like an a$$, expect to be treated like one. And don't teach your kids to act like this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, perhaps he thought he was using his taser.....

9 hours ago, and then said:

Usually black-on-black violence doesn't make the news. Police-on-black will always make the news.

Sadly, I suspect, if the officer had not shot, and the girl was stabbed and died, none of us would know about it.

17 hours ago, keithisco said:

Its all about timing. If you intend to stab someone then you should expect Lethal Force from a firearm. It is much more immediate than a Taser.

Especially right in from of a police officer with his gun draw!

Pure Darwin Award contestant. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, susieice said:

While showing very low standards of their own. How about people try to act civilized for once. How about instead of calling cops into the middle of your s**t show, you can the weapons and try using your brains. You have a problem, handle it. If your going to act like an a$$, expect to be treated like one. And don't teach your kids to act like this.

What is sad is that very likely few of those involved are sorry at all for what happened. After all, that bitsh was disrespecting her.... :cry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think this will be judged a lawful shooting, but I did wonder immediately if the officer didn't have a Taser. 

Lawful shooting or not, some people are still going to go riot.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I think this will be judged a lawful shooting, but I did wonder immediately if the officer didn't have a Taser. 

Lawful shooting or not, some people are still going to go riot.

They are all over social media. The officer has been taken off the street until after the investigation. That's the last I heard.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I guess I'll start with a question. Do police carry taser guns and could it have been used?

Probably that funding is not enough for all cops to have taser ?

But whatever politician are just plain stupid somewhat...  Here , They removed taser gun in the province for a while because it as killed someone... they reintoduce it after a while. Not every cops have access to a taser. They also removed the pr24 cudgel because it was hurting to much and replaced it with collapsible baton that do more or less nothing.

So in any critical situation  cops had to use their gun instead and people are angry about it...

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 3