Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Buy a roof from this Wyoming construction company, get a free AR-15

Grim Reaper 6

Wiggins Construction, based in Powell, Wyoming, announced the special on April 12. The idea of the promotion came from Matt Thomas, the company's marketing and customer relations director. A U.S. Navy veteran, Thomas asked co-owner Josh Wiggins about giving customers a free AR-15 instead of a "Thank you" card. The company is booked over the next year and a half but is expanding roofing operations because of the promotion. Thomas estimates over 150 roofs will be installed by the end of the year.

Buy a roof from this Wyoming construction company, get a free AR-15 (msn.com)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Good marketing idea.   Nothing really wrong with it since they are following gun laws plus some.

I just had a new roof put on and all I got was a new roof.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Good marketing idea.   Nothing really wrong with it since they are following gun laws plus some.

I just had a new roof put on and all I got was a new roof.   

That sucks man!:lol: But, at least during the up coming Tornado season you won't be all wet!:tu:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That sucks man!:lol: But, at least during the up coming Tornado season you won't be all wet!:tu:

I did get a top of the line metal roof.   Ceramic coated.   Negotiated a great deal.   Pretty much at their cost.  They make it and keep stock so the metal cost was what it was 6 months ago as opposed to the high price of today.   I'll never have to worry about a roof again.  Woo Hoo!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

I did get a top of the line metal roof.   Ceramic coated.   Negotiated a great deal.   Pretty much at their cost.  They make it and keep stock so the metal cost was what it was 6 months ago as opposed to the high price of today.   I'll never have to worry about a roof again.  Woo Hoo!

Yea there is no better roof that you can buy. So long as your house doesn't get picked up by a Twister and taken to OZ, you right your home will never need another roof.

take care.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Our house had a aluminum roof that was damaged by a hurricane, pieces were gone (with the wind), the adjuster allowed $300 to repair this and shingles on the garages.  $300! In the und it was all replaced, at their expense, for $35.000. 50 yr guarantee 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WVK said:

Our house had a aluminum roof that was damaged by a hurricane, pieces were gone (with the wind), the adjuster allowed $300 to repair this and shingles on the garages.  $300! In the und it was all replaced, at their expense, for $35.000. 50 yr guarantee 

Yep, a good guarantee should be something people make sure to get. 

I had a couple people quote a new shingled roof and it came in at between $17,000 and $20,000.    Yikes.  I then met with a couple metal roof places.   The one I chose was easily the better product.   The lesser quality one I could bend easily in my hand.   The other one was thicker and ceramic coated.   They quoted me $45,000.   I bartered for a week and got them to agree on $27,200 and they would replace some missing soffit I had.  I have allot of roof between the house and garage.  Looks good and will not dent even with 2" hail.   Guaranteed for life and will transfer 15 years of the guarantee to a new owner.   I figure the value it adds to the house easily covers the difference between metal and shingles.      

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Yep, a good guarantee should be something people make sure to get. 

I had a couple people quote a new shingled roof and it came in at between $17,000 and $20,000.    Yikes.  I then met with a couple metal roof places.   The one I chose was easily the better product.   The lesser quality one I could bend easily in my hand.   The other one was thicker and ceramic coated.   They quoted me $45,000.   I bartered for a week and got them to agree on $27,200 and they would replace some missing soffit I had.  I have allot of roof between the house and garage.  Looks good and will not dent even with 2" hail.   Guaranteed for life and will transfer 15 years of the guarantee to a new owner.   I figure the value it adds to the house easily covers the difference between metal and shingles.      

When we purchased the house the cedar shake like aluminum roof  had been layered over a real cedar shake roof. It had developed a couple of minor leaks and needed replacement All that was scrapped replaced with foil backed sheeting as a base. The storm gave us a roof ant took a mature pecan tree.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, WVK said:

When we purchased the house the cedar shake like aluminum roof  had been layered over a real cedar shake roof. It had developed a couple of minor leaks and needed replacement All that was scrapped replaced with foil backed sheeting as a base. The storm gave us a roof ant took a mature pecan tree.

Was the tree mature enough that it would no longer bear nuts?

Edited by Myles

36 minutes ago, Myles said:

Was the tree mature enough that it no longer beard nuts?

It was one of 7 and produced little. Of the seven 3 produced little. Tho other 4 are good producers,  the best one is in the middle of the asphalt driveway.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WVK said:

It was one of 7 and produced little. Of the seven 3 produced little. Tho other 4 are good producers,  the best one is in the middle of the asphalt driveway.  

You are lucky.    The only edibles I have are apple (not great ones), Pear (  very good), mulberry (OK) and acorns.

4 hours ago, Myles said:

You are lucky.    The only edibles I have are apple (not great ones), Pear (  very good), mulberry (OK) and acorns.

The streets in the neighborhood are lined with them. The squirrels are prime pecan fed and we have flocks of peacocks. Come the apocalypse we’re set!

8 hours ago, acute said:

Basically, you are buying the AR-15, but you need the roof to snipe from.

For a low maintenance roof that does is job year after year, wouldn't an AK47 be more appropriate? 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Good luck finding ammo. 

Honestly, ammo is no problem at all, most people like myself have been loading our own ammunition for more than 20 years.