Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK joins list of nations that recognize Uyghur treatment as genocide.

spartan max2

U.K. Parliament declares China's treatment of Uyghurs to be genocide

The U.K.'s House of Commons unanimously approved a non-binding motion on Thursday to declare the Chinese government's repression of Uyghur Muslims to be a genocide.

Why it matters: British backbench lawmakers join the Dutch and Canadian parliaments, as well as the U.S. State Department, in recognizing China's sweeping campaign of mass detention, surveillance, forced labor and forced sterilization against ethnic minorities in Xinjiang as genocide.

https://www.axios.com/uk-parliament-uyghur-genocide-38fd7393-7887-40cb-8f50-db15cd5e9a0a.html

• Like 4

That’s good, it’s been an issue that hasn’t really been publicised in the mainstream media enough in my opinion.

I just hope more can be accomplished in the future to help stop the persecution of Uyghur Muslims. 

• Like 1

Sing a lullaby for Michael Collins... 

21 Feb 2021 — Boris Johnson declares he is 'fervently Sinophile' as UK woos China ... The UK is seeking to strengthen ...

22 Feb 2021 — UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson recently declared that he is "fervently Sinophile" during a Downing ...

3 Aug 2020 — As mayor of London, he backed Cameron's moves to win Chinese investment. “I' m a Sinophile and ...

~

From lofty heights, shamelessly, they fell... 

~

Edited by third_eye
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, NE1 said:

That’s good, it’s been an issue that hasn’t really been publicised in the mainstream media enough in my opinion.

I just hope more can be accomplished in the future to help stop the persecution of Uyghur Muslims. 

There will be a limit as to what happens because they cannot afford to cut China off as the worlds factory.

This is just the UK parliament slitting Boris' throat with China as a borrowed knife... 

~

• Haha 1