Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Manwon Lender

FCC orders U.S. broadcasters to identify foreign-government sponsors of programs

Manwon Lender

The disclosure would be required at the time of a broadcast if a foreign governmental entity paid a radio or television station, directly or indirectly, to air material. Current rules do not specify when and how foreign government sponsorship should be publicly disclosed.

"The order increases transparency, ensuring audiences are aware when a foreign government, or its representatives, uses the airwaves to persuade the American public," the FCC said in a statement.

Jessica Rosenworcel, the agency's acting chairwoman, said reports of foreign government-sponsored programming had multiplied in recent years.

FCC orders U.S. broadcasters to identify foreign-government sponsors of programs (msn.com)

• Like 2

and then

I thought this was already the law?  Two examples pop to mind - RT and Aljazeera.  If other broadcast companies are shilling for foreign governments then they need to be identified as such.

OverSword

How about domestic government sponsored programs? I can’t even describe how weary I am of our self righteous, self serving government.

• Thanks 1