Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moon Landing - The World's Greatest Hoax?

OverSword

:D Have fun.

Here is my own contribution on the side of "Yes, of course we landed on the moon". 

Many people argue that inconsistencies in the lighting from moon surface photography such as a brightly lit Buzz Aldrin descending the ladder on the shadow side of the lander or why are there no visible stars?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Yes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Video unavailable
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

:(
  • Sad 1

Is THIS still a thing? Oh brother, you'd think that with the internet and all the entertainment available on demand, we'd finally have forgotten about the 'moon hoax' non-sense. Oh well, the flat earthers are still around, so...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I don't trust our government as far as I can throw them. They've lied to not only specific groups of people, but the public, in general, so I honestly don't put it past them to do something like this to instill national pride or some bull****

... But I still think we landed on the moon

• Like 2

At about 32 minutes 45 seconds it is mentioned that lunar orbital missions from China and Japan have verified the landing sites.

• Like 5

I usually ask the believers one simple question: Why didn't the Soviet Union blow the whistle on the "hoax" and score the biggest propagada coup in history ?

So far I have had no coherent answer to this question.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

We know that ouija ouija doesn't believe the landings are real.  I wish we could get more that share her view to comment about their reasons.   If anyone does I ask that we keep conversation polite and not attempt to make ourselves feel smart by attempting to make others feel dumb.  This isn't the political section. :)

• Like 7

At this point I really don't care anymore. If people actually make it to mars someone will claim it's a hoax. They'll always be people who will doubt. It was before I was born so I don't have much of an emotional investment in it. All I thought as a kid was "Well, cool." that's it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Is THIS still a thing? Oh brother, you'd think that with the internet and all the entertainment available on demand, we'd finally have forgotten about the 'moon hoax' non-sense. Oh well, the flat earthers are still around, so...

We have members all around the Globe.- Flat Earth Society.:lol:

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Hyperionxvii said:

If you go to the YouTube page and read the comments, yeah it’s still a thing.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

At this point I really don't care anymore. If people actually make it to mars someone will claim it's a hoax. They'll always be people who will doubt. It was before I was born so I don't have much of an emotional investment in it. All I thought as a kid was "Well, cool." that's it. 

The Gemini and Apollo programs happened when I was a kid and it felt like the coolest thing that could possibly be (still does). There is a photo my mom took of me trying to watch a moon walk and my three year old brother fresh out of the bath is dancing naked between me and the tv. She caught the moment of me with a sheer look of murder on my face popping up from my seat on the floor on my way to utterly destroy him :lol:. That combined with Star Trek and I was all about space. 

I know people from other countries are not as invested in the space program and possibly even a little resentful that it can be such a source of pride to Americans.  I was working in a circuit board shop running CNC drillers and routers when they announced over the radio that Challenger had blown up and I felt like the air had been let out of me. Most of the others in the shop were from Peru and Korea and I says “My God did you hear that? The space shuttle blew up” and they’re reaction was “Yeah, so?” After that I started talking about the space program and the guys from Peru said we never went to the moon it’s just a lie to make Russia look bad. That was the first time I realized that there were deniers about this. I was so frustrated that I wanted to pull my hair out.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Everyone will know it's real when NASA finally gets out of low earth orbit to send a ship full of IRS agents to Mars to get Elon for not paying his taxes. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Thanks for starting this thread it is certainly amazing that people dont believe that America actually went to and landed upon the moon. You would think by now that that ridiculous Conspiracy Theory was a mute point, but it still isn't. Below are photo's and video's of the landing sites taken form space by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

Apollo 12, 14, and 17 Landing Sites from Lunar Orbit

Apollo 17 Liftoff from Moon - December 14, 1972

Peace my brother

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

I don't trust our government as far as I can throw them. They've lied to not only specific groups of people, but the public, in general, so I honestly don't put it past them to do something like this to instill national pride or some bull****

... But I still think we landed on the moon

Oh my!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Moon smoon what about Elvis he was here and not out there like the rest of you loons.

Was Elvis Presley s death a carefully staged hoax? You ve seen him on TV You ve seen him in movies. You may have seen him the other day at the mall, but now you can see the amazing facts that prove the King s death was actually a carefully planned hoax! In this incredible follow-up to the million-copy bestseller IS ELVIS ALIVE?, you'll discover: New information and photos from recently declassified U.S. Government files revealing his undercover cooperation with the FBI & DEA Why no one claimed the King s multimillion dollar insurance policy Why Elvis father, Vernon, refused to have the U.S. flag draped over his son s coffin-an honor accorded to all Armed Forces veterans How Elvis handwriting appeared on his own death certificate His connection with President Nixon And much more! Were the post-1977 sightings, photos, and recordings of Elvis Presley mere hoaxes, fan s wishful thinking, or evidence that the king of rock n roll still lives? Read The Elvis Files and decide for yourself.

https://www.amazon.com/Elvis-Files-Was-Death-Faked/dp/1561710008

:whistle::lol:

jmccr8

5 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Was Elvis Presley s death a carefully staged hoax?

Hey now....I know for a fact that Elvis is/was living in a little town in Georgia. My husband and I saw him, about twenty years ago, in his white, studded jumpsuit picking up garbage around a creek that ran through the center of town. He looked wonderful and was doing a great service to the community! :tu:

Actually, that is a true story. :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, OverSword said:

The Gemini and Apollo programs happened when I was a kid and it felt like the coolest thing that could possibly be (still does). There is a photo my mom took of me trying to watch a moon walk and my three year old brother fresh out of the bath is dancing naked between me and the tv. She caught the moment of me with a sheer look of murder on my face popping up from my seat on the floor on my way to utterly destroy him :lol:. That combined with Star Trek and I was all about space. 

I know people from other countries are not as invested in the space program and possibly even a little resentful that it can be such a source of pride to Americans.  I was working in a circuit board shop running CNC drillers and routers when they announced over the radio that Challenger had blown up and I felt like the air had been let out of me. Most of the others in the shop were from Peru and Korea and I says “My God did you hear that? The space shuttle blew up” and they’re reaction was “Yeah, so?” After that I started talking about the space program and the guys from Peru said we never went to the moon it’s just a lie to make Russia look bad. That was the first time I realized that there were deniers about this. I was so frustrated that I wanted to pull my hair out.

:st The alleged Moon landings happened at a time when just about every male, of every age, across the western world was totally in awe of anything to do with outer space and believed everything because they so wanted it to be true. As several posters here say "It was so cool!". There was also more blind acceptance of what governments and others in authority said at that time.

You say: "I know people from other countries are not as invested in the space program and possibly even a little resentful that it can be such a source of pride to Americans". Well I'm here to respectfully tell you that it's not so much being 'resentful' but just as likely to be embarrassed for you. Embarrassed that as a nation you have such pride in a venture that cost so much both in lives and money, when so many of your citizens, here on earth, are in desperate need of the benefits that money could have brought them. The 'Space Race' was born out of egotistical pride by all the nations involved, who would claim anything in the name of one-up-man-ship.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

:st The alleged Moon landings happened at a time when just about every male, of every age, across the western world was totally in awe of anything to do with outer space and believed everything because they so wanted it to be true. As several posters here say "It was so cool!". There was also more blind acceptance of what governments and others in authority said at that time.

You say: "I know people from other countries are not as invested in the space program and possibly even a little resentful that it can be such a source of pride to Americans". Well I'm here to respectfully tell you that it's not so much being 'resentful' but just as likely to be embarrassed for you. Embarrassed that as a nation you have such pride in a venture that cost so much both in lives and money, when so many of your citizens, here on earth, are in desperate need of the benefits that money could have brought them. The 'Space Race' was born out of egotistical pride by all the nations involved, who would claim anything in the name of one-up-man-ship.

And yet look at all the improvements to the human condition come from humanities space ventures. Satellites to monitor the weather that has warned countless millions to get away from the coast days before a deadly storm hits. I’m sure that alone has saved millions of lives over the years. Communication is instantaneous around the world. One day humanity might be saved when an asteroid inevitably hits the earth if we have managed to colonize other worlds before that. Soon, in the next 50 to 100 years we will be bringing untold wealth and resources to our planet from mining asteroids. The cellular technology we take for granted came right out of that space race and maybe most importantly, velcro. Without the American space program there would be no velcro. Can you imagine? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, OverSword said:

And yet look at all the improvements to the human condition come from humanities space ventures. Satellites to monitor the weather that has warned countless millions to get away from the coast days before a deadly storm hits. I’m sure that alone has saved millions of lives over the years. Communication is instantaneous around the world. One day humanity might be saved when an asteroid inevitably hits the earth if we have managed to colonize other worlds before that. Soon, in the next 50 to 100 years we will be bringing untold wealth and resources to our planet from mining asteroids. The cellular technology we take for granted came right out of that space race and maybe most importantly, velcro. Without the American space program there would be no velcro. Can you imagine? 

I think the negatives far outweigh the positives.

Velcro?! If we didn't have Velcro kids would know how to tie laces! :lol:

• Haha 2