Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man hit by lightning on 7 separate occasions

Eldorado

There's having bad luck and then there's "hit by lightning seven times in one lifetime" bad luck, and United States park ranger Roy Sullivan fits into this latter category.

In his 71 years on Earth, from 1912 to 1983, Sullivan managed to survive seven bolts of lightning, and potentially an eighth that he was unable to verify during his childhood.

It's a testiment to how bizarre his life was that the fact he also fought 22 bears is an afterthought.

Full story at IFL Science

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I remember when I lived in the upper Midwest for a while, the winter's were so cold and dry. Every time I'd touch something made of metal it would shock me. I'd get really mad. Can't imagine now mad I'd get if lightning struck me every time I went outside, that would really suck. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hyperionxvii said:

I remember when I lived in the upper Midwest for a while, the winter's were so cold and dry. Every time I'd touch something made of metal it would shock me. I'd get really mad. Can't imagine now mad I'd get if lightning struck me every time I went outside, that would really suck. 

I can relate this also, I grew up outside of St. Louis, Missouri. The Mid-West is a bad place when it comes to severe thunderstorms, Tornados and major lightening storms. I also cant imagine what it would be like being struck by lightening that many times, its amazing that he is still alive and doesnt have Brain Damage.

Take care my friend!:tu:

• Like 4

Probably a compulsive liar:

"May lightning strike me if I'm lying!!"

• Haha 1