Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

future of man, andriod/human consciousness and clones. will god exist

jmccr8

9 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Biologically you’re still you and that covers thoughts but your actions help define you, so could a clone of you that believes the exact opposite still be considered you? I would say no because its beliefs were never originally yours. 

cormac

Except that exact clones would be paired with different souls? Twins don't share a soul according to the Bible, and past life regressionists. Of whom I trust the latter, much more than the former. Cheers.

9 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Guess I'll jump in within the set parameters.

If we're allowing God into it, I'll say that if a mind, and a brain, and emotions that are organic, souls will still be able to incarnate. When the brain becomes almost digital, God won't be interested anymore because it's our soul/body interaction and the lessons, and experiences we learn for ourselves, and him, won't be human anymore. God will probably abandon humans then, because humans are a transitory illusion created to expedite experiences, and learning. And if we're not longer human, we wouldn't fit the criteria for soul incarnations.

God would simply shift souls/spirits to another world to continue the journeys.

So in a nutshell, I don't think that we will ever get even close to the scenario you invisioned. It would be anathema to what God built to house our souls/spirits. Robots don't have souls. Cyborgs on the other hand would. Until the brain becomes silicone in nature, God will always be with us.

To add to Will's statement, I think the word he was searching for was traits, instead of personality. Traits travel with spirit/souls. Spirit also retains personality, and traits. Otherwise, spirit/souls would simply be automatons. We are not automatons. We have free will, and choice. Would souls/spirit be any different?

If you allow God into it, you have to allow soul/spirit as well. Great thread. Good to see more free thinking. Spruces the place up a bit, it does.

Hi Hank

No offence meant but if god is a creation of the human mind what purpose would it serve in a culture that creates itself, god is redundant as a source of being as we are self creating?

jmccr8

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Will

Interesting as that may be after 200 years of being cloned or downloaded into a synthetic body or both would they even have a concept of a parent never mind a god?

jmccr8

Belief in God is optional with humans. Indeed, atheism is proof of this. God believes in us. No matter what. After all, each of us are in realty, just a infestiminally tiny slice of God itself. 

7 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Hank

No offence meant but if god is a creation of the human mind what purpose would it serve in a culture that creates itself, god is redundant as a source of being as we are self creating?

jmccr8

Absolutely no offense taken. Criticism is good if it's constructive.

God is not a creation of the human mind. Thats hubri. Many believe, some don't. That's the free will God gave us. So that we can experience everything over a vast amount of lifetimes without internal biases. God created us, not vise versa. We just chose to think that. The alternative scares to many people, so we change it to make it more bearable. More in control. 

Edited by Hankenhunter
Clarity

13 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Cormac

That poses an interesting position, have I never had a conflicting thought before I was cloned and would I remember it or would it affect me sublimibinaly? Do I remember every thought I have had or do I have impressions left by them?

jmccr8

The difference is though that a clone ISN’T the original you. You have control over your own thoughts only and NOT the clones. 

cormac

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

The difference is though that a clone ISN’T the original you. You have control over your own thoughts only and NOT the clones. 

cormac

Exactly. Which would indicate different souls inside each clone. Lending more creedence to reincarnation.

13 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Belief in God is optional with humans. Indeed, atheism is proof of this. God believes in us. No matter what. After all, each of us are in realty, just a infestiminally tiny slice of God itself. 

Hi Hank

I hope this post addresses your last 2 politely

One night I was playing pool at a XX clubhouse and after ruling the pool table for a couple of hours yelled I am  god, in reality I wasn't but the work I do is taking people's thoughts and dreams a reality and yes that makes me feel like a god because I made imagination reality. We have different ideas about what god is or why god exists and the focus of this thread is if we create ourselves where does god fit in?

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
the usual

5 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Absolutely no offense taken. Criticism is good if it's constructive.

God is not a creation of the human mind. Thats hubri. Many believe, some don't. That's the free will God gave us. So that we can experience everything over a vast amount of lifetimes. God created us, not vise versa. We just chose to think that. The alternative scares to many people, so we change it to make it more bearable. More in control. 

That’s a matter of belief and not fact. And who’s God exactly, there are several humanity believes in? 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

Hi Cormac

Agreed, I am not even sure that a program could contain who I am, nor am I sure that who ever copies me would want me to be who I am

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
added context
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Exactly. Which would indicate different souls inside each clone. Lending more creedence to reincarnation.

No that doesn’t lend credence to reincarnation, it just suggests that a clone CANNOT be you in any real sense of the word. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Hank

I hope this post addresses your last 2 politely

On night I was playing pool at a XX clubhouse and after ruling the pool table for a couple of hours yelled I am  god, in reality I wasn't but the work I do is taking people's thoughts and dreams a reality and yes that makes me feel like a god because I made imagination reality. We have different ideas about what god is or why god exists and the focus of this thread is if we create ourselves where does god fit in?

jmccr8

All you are creating is your own experiences. With thought, you create. Just like God. You are in fact a God. A tiny particles if him is still a God. You ask great logical questions. Free thinking at its best.

4 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Lending more creedence to reincarnation.

Hi Hank

If I can create myself what happens to re-incarnation as it is redundant?

jmccr8

God does exist, just not in the way you think or believe.  Everyone is religious in some ways beecause to say they're not religious is complete Ignorance.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

That’s a matter of belief and not fact. And who’s God exactly, there are several humanity believes in? 

cormac

Well, we are on the topic of God, aren't we? That alone allows a certain leeway in our posts. It matters not one whit what other religions think. All that matters to God is belief. None are wrong, and none are right. We created the details, not God. Just humans trying to gain a little control over their lives. God only wants us to learn, and experience everything there is. We certainly can't do it in one go. Hence reincarnation. Everything else, we made up as we went along.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Reincarnation was in the bible but had to be taken out so we all live in fear.

3 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

All you are creating is your own experiences. With thought, you create. Just like God. You are in fact a God. A tiny particles if him is still a God. You ask great logical questions. Free thinking at its best.

Hi Hank

Making others dreams real is my reality, could I create a god 200 thousand years ago? Absolutely

jmccr8

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

God does exist, just not in the way you think or believe.  Everyone is religious in some ways beecause to say they're not religious is complete Ignorance.

Hi Dreamer

Okay and how would you apply that to the threads topic? If you can't then please refrain from pointless distraction.

jmccr8

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Well, we are on the topic of God, aren't we? That alone allows a certain leeway in our posts. It matters not one whit what other religions think. All that matters to God is belief. None are wrong, and none are right. We created the details, not God. Just humans trying to gain a little control over their lives. God only wants us to learn, and experience everything there is. We certainly can't do it in one go. Hence reincarnation. Everything else, we made up as we went along.

Hi Hank

If we are creating ourselves what purpose does god serve?

jmccr8

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

If we create the details then we know NOTHING of what God/a god really is, thinks, etc. Which is essentially the same as two single cell organisms trying to hold an intelligent conversation on what a human is, does, thinks, etc. Rather pointless, and pretentious, overall IMO. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Dreamer

Okay and how would you apply that to the threads topic? If you can't then please refrain from pointless distraction.

jmccr8

oh sorry I saw this bit in the title.

future of man, andriod/human consciousness and clones. will god exist

I put it in bold incase you couldn't see it.   

Will GOD exist

I am telling you GOD does exist, just not in the way your brain and mind believes how GOD exists.    Give me an example of your definition of GOD please. 

Edited by Dreamer screamer

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Hank

If I can create myself what happens to re-incarnation as it is redundant?

jmccr8

Some believe that we also have the choice to disbelieve the afterlife, and can choose the void instead. That could be possible under the free will God gave us. However I haven't found anything to indicate that this is so.  But, would you prefer the nothing over continuence after death? 

As to whether you believe in reincartion under your scenario, reincarnation believes in you. As many surprised souls have found out if past, and life between life regressionists are to be believed, and the abundance of data shows they are. Belief in anything God gets you a ticket to the afterlife. Even non belief will get you there. It just means you need more experience in belief. Another incarnation with this criteria will be the in the next life till you get it right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

If we create the details then we know NOTHING of what God/a god really is, thinks, etc. Which is essentially the same as two single cell organisms trying to hold an intelligent conversation on what a human is, does, thinks, etc. Rather pointless, and pretentious, overall IMO. 

cormac

Why do the cells after the sperm meets egg make the star of David?    A body grows to code because that is how cells divide and grows to make a human being.   After a human being lands on this plane then think about what it is bombarded with, BELIEFS!! 

What is your definition of GOD?

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

Some believe that we also have the choice to disbelieve the afterlife, and can choose the void instead. That could be possible under the free will God gave us. However I haven't found anything to indicate that this is so.  But, would you prefer the nothing over continuence after death? 

Hi Hank

Enjoyable as life is I am content to let it have it's limits, I do not chose an eternity of learning to die again, I have lived and experienced life in a unique way and am both thankful and remorseless for having had it.

jmccr8

• Like 2

• The topic was locked