Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Manwon Lender

This supermoon has a twist – expect flooding, but a lunar cycle is masking effects of sea level rise

Manwon Lender

A “super full moon” is coming on April 27, 2021, and coastal cities like Miami know that means one thing: a heightened risk of tidal flooding. Exceptionally high tides are common when the moon is closest to the Earth, known as perigee, and when it’s either full or new. In the case of what’s informally known as a super full moon, it’s both full and at perigee. Right now, we’re in the phase of an 18.6-year lunar cycle that lessens the moon’s influence on the oceans. The result can make it seem like the coastal flooding risk has leveled off, and that can make sea level rise less obvious. But communities shouldn’t get complacent. Global sea level is still rising with the warming planet, and that 18.6-year cycle will soon be working against us.

This supermoon has a twist – expect flooding, but a lunar cycle is masking effects of sea level rise (msn.com)

• Like 1

keithisco

Your link is more than 3 years old. Is this the latest speculation?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Manwon Lender
12 hours ago, keithisco said:

Your link is more than 3 years old. Is this the latest speculation?

I dont know where you got your information from, but obviously you did open link in the OP and read the Article?

Because the first line in the first paragraph says the following and I quote """ A “super full moon” is coming on April 27, 2021,""" my question is are you a time traveler??:lol:

Link from OP: This supermoon has a twist – expect flooding, but a lunar cycle is masking effects of sea level rise (msn.com)

• Haha 1

Manwon Lender
16 hours ago, keithisco said:

Yes...yes I am :innocent:

My apologies, I clicked on one of your other links in your OP https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2680/new-study-finds-sea-level-rise-accelerating/

Will go back and read the other link.

No problem my friend we all make mistakes, take care.