Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Grandfather's NDE

UM-Bot

34 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

As do I. I've crammed a lot of living in my 62 years. Good, and bad. Wouldn't change a thing either. It's all learning. The sum total makes us who we are, and where we're going. I am getting a bit tired though. Gotta hang on to meet, and teach my first grandchild  in July. A future labour of love. Then I can pass fulfilled. Long life to you so that you can continue your journey of helping others.

Hank

Bon voyage,what an honor talking to you. Thank you for your kind words, please have someone tell us all of your final journey and I hope it is everything you want. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

I certainly hope not. I simply asked a question. How was my reply to you in any way antagonistic? Just asking for verification of your observation. No snark intended. Besides, I was warned about last night, as I'm sure you were. I have no interest at all in having threads closed. Only contributing. Thank you, and hope you have a great day.

You do seem to get quite riled up at those who refuse god or life after death. Why is that Hank? 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You do seem to get quite riled up at those who refuse god or life after death. Why is that Hank? 

No. I never get "riled" anymore. Getting riled will make you lose every debate. Negative energy is too tiring. More concerned over opinions expressed as fact, then shooting others down for daring to express an opinion counter to theirs. When others attack the poster instead if their logic. Amazing, and sad how many people sign up, only to be driven away by ego posting to make people angry. Angry people cannot post logically. This is what certain posters use to win their arguments. I'm showing by example that it needn't be that way, and give them the tools to recognize they're being played emotionally. 

Please look over my posts, and pick out any ego posting, and present them to me. Negative emotional posts.  I'll be glad to check it out. I am human, and do make mistakes. When I make a mistake I admit it, and apologise. My posting history bears this out. Very few have apologized to me. Why would that be? Because their ego won't let them. Hope this clears a few things up for you. Hoping you're having an awesome Monday.

Hank

Edited by Hankenhunter
Grammar
  • Like 1

No. I never get "riled" anymore. Getting riled will make you lose every debate. Negative energy is too tiring. More concerned over opinions expressed as fact, then shooting others down for daring to express an opinion counter to theirs.

I don't think bats was being aggressive. You have been quite cranky with me in the past too but I didn't feel I provoked it. You seem to find just about any challenge to traditional beliefs as an attack. 

When others attack the poster instead if their logic. Amazing, and sad how many people sign up, only to be driven away by ego posting to make people angry. Angry people cannot post logically. This is what certain posters use to win their arguments. I'm showing by example that it needn't be that way, and give them the tools to recognize they're being played emotionally. 

A lot of posters speak about phantom viewers. Screw them I say. They are a non existent entity. There's no proof they even exist,  and many may turn away because logical discussion isn't to be had with those of faith. After all faith is anything but logic based. I don't see those phantom posters as a real consideration. They could be anything or nothing at all. 

You even said a Christian will help a person when an atheist will just walk past. That's not logical. It's offensive. It would turn away those who seek rational discussion if you want to include phantom posters. 

You said I was angry because I said physics refutes life after death. And it does. We never really finished that discussion, it just faded away. I can offer facts to support my conclusions. If you find that distressing, it's probably better if you avoid such discussions? Just a thought. 

Please look over my posts, and pick out any ego posting, and present them to me. Negative emotional posts.  I'll be glad to check it out. I am human, and do make mistakes. When I make a mistake I admit it, and apologise. My posting history bears this out. Very few have apologized to me. Why would that be? Because their ego won't let them. Hope this clears a few things up for you. Hoping you're having an awesome Monday.

Hank

We all make mistakes, that's part of being human. Just be careful of how much you think you know is all I'm saying. You're not a bad bloke, don't think I'm indicating that in any way. I just find this aspect somewhat odd.

It's Tuesday here lol, but Monday was a public holiday and it was an awesome day. Thanks. Hope your Monday is a good one, glad you're here for it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

My stepfather passed away surrounded by loved ones. It was a good way to go. 

• Like 4

Thread cleaned

Enough with the drama and personal bickering folks - back on topic.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

My stepfather passed away surrounded by loved ones. It was a good way to go. 

My dad was going downhill for a while and nail on as sherapy said his kidneys gave up and he did,

What was tought was my step family was with him i was 3 hours away, they made a big showly bs song and dance how he said bye to them but no mention of me, nice huh?

Want better? At the funeral my step mother compained that i didnt get enough $$$ for his car, he ask me to sell for him, i told her, my dad took the offer you got the cash its between you and him,

The preacher overheard nabbed me and took me into the hall and said to the effect, you looked like a fellow who could use an out.

• Like 2

If believing there is an afterlife makes living life easier for you, so be it. Just don't expect everyone to agreed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, the13bats said:

My dad was going downhill for a while and nail on as sherapy said his kidneys gave up and he did,

What was tought was my step family was with him i was 3 hours away, they made a big showly bs song and dance how he said bye to them but no mention of me, nice huh?

Want better? At the funeral my step mother compained that i didnt get enough $$$ for his car, he ask me to sell for him, i told her, my dad took the offer you got the cash its between you and him,

The preacher overheard nabbed me and took me into the hall and said to the effect, you looked like a fellow who could use an out.

Times like these the saying that you can choose your friends but not family comes to mind. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2021 at 4:44 PM, Sherapy said:

I work for Hospice and I have not observed anything or any reason to think NDE’s are anything more than hallucinations. I think what touches my heart is the actual death journey it is one of great freedom and to share in this as the topper for a life well lived has been a great honor for me. 

So...I will just share a short anecdote...about the death journey.  My father was on hospice at his home...and the last time they came they told my brother his kidneys were failing.  My father asked my brother what they said.  He said, "Well, you are dying Dad."  My father remarked, "I know that!  What did Hospice say?".  "They said your kidneys are failing."  To which he just said, "oh, okay".   

Thank  you for what you do.:wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

So...I will just share a short anecdote...about the death journey.  My father was on hospice at his home...and the last time they came they told my brother his kidneys were failing.  My father asked my brother what they said.  He said, "Well, you are dying Dad."  My father remarked, "I know that!  What did Hospice say?".  "They said your kidneys are failing."  To which he just said, "oh, okay".   

Thank  you for what you do.:wub:

Great story. I am the one who is lucky to meet people like your dad. Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 4:13 PM, preacherman76 said:

For people who work with the elderly they see this type of thing all the time. 

True.

When I was very young, I was working with the elderly, and the elderly often shared their stories with the best of the staff, etc.

If they trusted you and knew you wouldn't judge them, they would often open up about their experiences.

Many good doctors and nurses and all the other valuable people who work with this every day know about this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LightAngel said:

True.

When I was very young, I was working with the elderly, and the elderly often shared their stories with the best of the staff, etc.

If they trusted you and knew you wouldn't judge them, they would often open up about their experiences.

Many good doctors and nurses and all the other valuable people who work with this every day know about this.

My wife, who worked for hospice on an administrative level, will soon be working for them again as a social worker. 

Of course she’d never break patient confidentiality, but I’m looking forward to hearing these stories in general. No names, but awesome stories. I hope anyway. 

• Like 2

On 4/26/2021 at 5:44 PM, Sherapy said:

I work for Hospice and I have not observed anything or any reason to think NDE’s are anything more than hallucinations. I think what touches my heart is the actual death journey it is one of great freedom and to share in this as the topper for a life well lived has been a great honor for me. 

I’m a little confused by this post. Are you saying you have observed what many other hospice workers have witnessed with these people talking to relatives or whatever who have passed just before they themselves pass? That it’s your opinion that they are hallucinating? 

Or are you saying you haven’t witnessed anything like that? Thanks ahead of time for your reply. 

Edit to ask- if you don’t mind me asking, what position do you have with the company? 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

I’m a little confused by this post. Are you saying you have observed what many other hospice workers have witnessed with these people talking to relatives or whatever who have passed just before they themselves pass? That it’s your opinion that they are hallucinating? 

Or are you saying you haven’t witnessed anything like that? Thanks ahead of time for your reply. 

Edit to ask- if you don’t mind me asking, what position do you have with the company? 

I cannot speak for other hospice workers. I have not observed anything that cannot be explained with hallucinations, it is very common to hallucinate under the circumstances. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sherapy said:

I cannot speak for other hospice workers. I have not observed anything that cannot be explained with hallucinations, it is very common to hallucinate under the circumstances. 

I see. Maybe it is common to hallucinate in these situations. Or maybe it’s common to see those who are on the other side, folks who might have a interest in coming to help said person transition into their new life. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I see. Maybe it is common to hallucinate in these situations. Or maybe it’s common to see those who are on the other side, folks who might have a interest in coming to help said person transition into their new life. 

I have not observed anything like that, of the many different cases I have been on death is inevitable and it is welcomed. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Whether or not the contacts are real or hallucinations depends on the situation and the people involved. Something is going on that we can't explain yet, and that has nothing to do with hallucinations.

However, I think it's more important to focus on the comforting impact this has on the patients and their loved ones.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LightAngel said:

Whether or not the contacts are real or hallucinations depends on the situation and the people involved. Something is going on that we can't explain yet, and that has nothing to do with hallucinations.

However, I think it's more important to focus on the comforting impact this has on the patients and their loved ones.

Yeah it is amazing watching how this can bring total peace. Even to someone who just a couple days earlier was terrified to die. I find the whole thing amazing. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

Yeah it is amazing watching how this can bring total peace. Even to someone who just a couple days earlier was terrified to die. I find the whole thing amazing. 

I have not observed “terrified of dying either as a norm,” it seems to me terrified of dying is more for those who have not made peace with their own mortality. Having had the opportunity to work with the terminal has been a positive and rewarding learning experience. 

Dr. Christopher shows a great deal of understanding and intelligence about this topic, so hear this when you have time. It's not very long - but it's intense. :)

"Dr. Christopher W. Kerr is the Chief Medical Officer at The Center for Hospice and Palliative Care, where he has worked since 1999."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I have not observed “terrified of dying either as a norm,” it seems to me terrified of dying is more for those who have not made peace with their own mortality. Having had the opportunity to work with the terminal has been a positive and rewarding learning experience. 

No definitely not the norm, but it does happen. I spoke with a hospice nurse who went to peoples homes to care for them. She told me of one lady who was very distressed at the thought of dying. 

Two days before she passed she claimed to have seen her sister, who had passed sometime before this. This changed her hold demeanor. This is one of those rare cases when the patient was completely conscious when she passed, and she was in total peace, believing her sister was coming to get her come her time. 

I asked the nurse how often patients are afraid to die. She is a vet of 20 years, and said she couldn’t count how many people she watched pass away. According to her, a good 10% of people are afraid of dying. Also said nearly all of them lose that fear the last couple days. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

No definitely not the norm, but it does happen. I spoke with a hospice nurse who went to peoples homes to care for them. She told me of one lady who was very distressed at the thought of dying. 

Two days before she passed she claimed to have seen her sister, who had passed sometime before this. This changed her hold demeanor. This is one of those rare cases when the patient was completely conscious when she passed, and she was in total peace, believing her sister was coming to get her come her time. 

I asked the nurse how often patients are afraid to die. She is a vet of 20 years, and said she couldn’t count how many people she watched pass away. According to her, a good 10% of people are afraid of dying. Also said nearly all of them lose that fear the last couple days. 

I have worked one case that the woman was afraid, in spite of the best efforts from family, friends and therapist nothing helped her. In the end, it was her choice how she wanted to deal with her own impending death. It was her show, her right to go out how she saw fit. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I have worked one case that the woman was afraid, in spite of the best efforts from family, friends and therapist nothing helped her. In the end, it was her choice how she wanted to deal with her own impending death. It was her show, her right to go out how she saw fit. 

Wow that’s heavy. Did it effect you in any way?

My Dad always expressed a fear of death. I tried so hard to get to him before he passed, but I only had about an hour to make a 16 hour drive. I hope he wasn’t afraid. I hope someone he knew before came to him. Hallucination or not. I hope he found peace. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

Dr. Christopher shows a great deal of understanding and intelligence about this topic, so hear this when you have time. It's not very long - but it's intense. :)

"Dr. Christopher W. Kerr is the Chief Medical Officer at The Center for Hospice and Palliative Care, where he has worked since 1999."

I’ve seen this before. Awesome video. Thanks for posting it 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked