Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Grandfather's NDE

UM-Bot

52 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Wow that’s heavy. Did it effect you in any way?

My Dad always expressed a fear of death. I tried so hard to get to him before he passed, but I only had about an hour to make a 16 hour drive. I hope he wasn’t afraid. I hope someone he knew before came to him. Hallucination or not. I hope he found peace. 

I felt deep compassion and empathy for her. The point of Hospice is to provide comfort in the way that works best for the individual according to their wishes. It was unique in the sense she had been a chronic alcoholic her entire adult life and it had fractured her family profoundly, she decided to quit drinking at the end and with it came a lot of terror, I think she was hoping her kids could forgive her, the sad part is the damage was so deep, even with impending death her adult children couldn’t/wouldn’t be there for her in the way she hoped. Of course, it was very sad. My take away was it can really matter how we treat others and how one might want to use great care during their lifetime. 

• Thanks 1

Seeing death hasen't nearly bothered me as much as watching the before and after damage a strong stroke can cause :(

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4

I  "died" a couple of times during a heart op,i got bought back then "died" again,the second time my brother in law who passed a couple of years back told me to go back cause it wasn't time to go yet a couple of days later i woke up from an induced coma it felt like i'd only been out for a couple of hours in the time i was in a coma my wife and kids had been called to come and see me because it may of been my time to go ..... crazy stuff 

Edited by Matt221
??
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

I died a couple of times during a heart op,i got bought back then died again,the second time my brother in law who passed a couple of years back told me to go back cause it wasn't time to go yet a couple of days later i woke up from an induced coma it felt like i'd only been out for a couple of hours in the time i was in a coma my wife and kids had been called to come and see me because it may of been my time to go ..... crazy stuff 

Wow that’s awesome. Where were you when you spoke to your brother in law? 

edit to add- was it like a heaven type place? A black void? Anything like that?

Edited by preacherman76

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Wow that’s awesome. Where were you when you spoke to your brother in law? 

I did'nt speak to him i don't think but i was just standing up in a room somewhere

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

I did'nt speak to him i don't think but i was just standing up in a room somewhere

It baffles me how many people have such similar experiences. I have a cousin who had a really bad car accident a couple years ago. He heard a voice that asked him if he wanted to stay or go back. 

He said he never verbally answered the voice, but started thing about his wife and kids. Soon as he had these thoughts it was like he answered the question. Right then he woke up in a helicopter on his way to the hospital. 

I have probably heard thousands of similar situations. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sherapy said:

I felt deep compassion and empathy for her. The point of Hospice is to provide comfort in the way that works best for the individual according to their wishes. It was unique in the sense she had been a chronic alcoholic her entire adult life and it had fractured her family profoundly, she decided to quit drinking at the end and with it came a lot of terror, I think she was hoping her kids could forgive her, the sad part is the damage was so deep, even with impending death her adult children couldn’t/wouldn’t be there for her in the way she hoped. Of course, it was very sad. My take away was it can really matter how we treat others and how one might want to use great care during their lifetime. 

My buddy john was a semi functional drunk, he lived at home in his 40s angry and bitter and kept getting worse, when he had his bleeder at his favorite dive bar his brain basically died on a liquor etc stained pool table.

About 3 weeks later his body caught up starved to death, his mother would yell over him if he didnt wake up 100% back he shouldnt wake up at all, he didnt wake up.

Irony was mother played a hugh part in his drinking.

I hadnt spoken to him in a few years he had lost a lot of friends due to how he was and he never had that chance to try to come to peace he was just not here any more, so i came to peace.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

It baffles me how many people have such similar experiences. I have a cousin who had a really bad car accident a couple years ago. He heard a voice that asked him if he wanted to stay or go back. 

He said he never verbally answered the voice, but started thing about his wife and kids. Soon as he had these thoughts it was like he answered the question. Right then he woke up in a helicopter on his way to the hospital. 

I have probably heard thousands of similar situations. 

And you're genuinely still baffled as to why people repeat similar stories?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I’ve seen this before. Awesome video. Thanks for posting it 

You are welcome.

I believe in an afterlife. There is a pattern here that I just can't close my eyes to, both because of my own experiences and the experiences of others.

More pearls of wisdom:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Amaryllis said:

I agree with you LightAngel. 

Perhaps you can share with us why you agree with me. :)

Do you have any experiences to share with us?

• Like 1

Well, I've always believed in the after life. It's how I was raised. One experience was one my mother told us about. My mother was only twenty years old when she lost her mother to ovarian cancer at forty two. As she was lying in her hospital bed in a comatose state surrounded by her family, my grandmother suddenly opened her eyes wide with the biggest smile on her face. My mother and the rest of the family found peace thinking she must have seen someone from the other side before taking her last breath. There have been other things in my life that have happened to make me believe. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Amaryllis said:

Well, I've always believed in the after life. It's how I was raised. One experience was one my mother told us about. My mother was only twenty years old when she lost her mother to ovarian cancer at forty two. As she was lying in her hospital bed in a comatose state surrounded by her family, my grandmother suddenly opened her eyes wide with the biggest smile on her face. My mother and the rest of the family found peace thinking she must have seen someone from the other side before taking her last breath. There have been other things in my life that have happened to make me believe. 

Thank you for sharing.

So she left this world with a smile - a heartfelt story. ;)

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, LightAngel said:

You are welcome.

I believe in an afterlife. There is a pattern here that I just can't close my eyes to, both because of my own experiences and the experiences of others.

More pearls of wisdom:

I believe in an afterlife as well. For the same reasons. Now that’s not to say I know, but I highly suspect it’s the case. 

Another great video!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Absolutely. Especially those who have had confirmed NDE’s and who’s lives dramatically changed afterwards. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I posted this video in another thread months ago, but I'm posting it again because I find it amazing. Others have validated her claims. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, psyche101 said:

So all we have are still just stories huh?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

So all we have are still just stories huh?

Can you believe it?

Hears the same story thousands of times, yet find it incredible that others would repeat the experience with personal variations? 

Crikey Moses. That's a mystery?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Amaryllis said:

I posted this video in another thread months ago, but I'm posting it again because I find it amazing. Others have validated her claims. 

For me, this is normal ( because I often get visions about the future ), but don't expect other people to understand - thank you for posting it. :yes:

I also love this video:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I believe in an afterlife as well. For the same reasons. Now that’s not to say I know, but I highly suspect it’s the case. 

Another great video!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Science is always a work in progress, and this is one of the great mysteries - the signs of an afterlife are there - if we ignore them, then we aren't scientific.

I,m hoping that NDE`s are real, not just from the awaking of dreams .

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

the only thing is scientists have to prove when the mind did dyed and it went on:)   the electrical activity in the brain.

Edited by docyabut2

5 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

I know the UN scientists are trying to prove life after death by finding one`s shoe. 

https://www.is-there-a-god.info/blog/life/whatever-happened-to-my-tennis-shoean-nde-story/

Problem here is this is only a story we have no provenance or proof any of this even happen show me these were real people a proven event and we will go from there.

18 hours ago, LightAngel said:

the signs of an afterlife are there - if we ignore them, then we aren't scientific

No one is ignoring legitimate evidence to support claims of an afterlife, its not about ignoring claims, stories are not scientific evidence, so post your best non anecdotal evidence of proof of an afterlife.

19 hours ago, LightAngel said:

( because I often get visions about the future ), but don't expect other people to understand

A lot of people make claims of supernatural gifts yet fail when it comes time to prove such claims, all kinds of alleged predictions can and are made to fit events after the fact , every few years Nostradamus claims are wrapped to make some new hated leader the anti christ.

again its about evidence not stories or claims, i would say if you have visions of the future then post a nice blog unedited listing them and that proves you had some insite, of course anyone can predict a plane will crash or a movie star will pass away and guess it right, make specific predictions and sit back and see what comes to pass,

Or just say, "it doesnt work that way, i have nothing to prove to skeptics"   

• Like 1

• The topic was locked