Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Grandfather's NDE

UM-Bot

11 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

What about signs from the dead.  I had three signs from my passed dad and two signs from by passed husband.

That’s great. I hope it brought you comfort. I have kinda felt my father a couple times. Especially that first week he was gone.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

What about signs from the dead.  I had three signs from my passed dad and two signs from by passed husband.

All evidence that those who experience as themselves as the grandfather in the OP NDE story continue on long after the body’s and brain’s full demise.

In fact they even communicate private information through those sensitive (like mediums). And can leave signs for those of us less sensitive.

Edited by papageorge1

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

That’s great. I hope it brought you comfort. I have kinda felt my father a couple times. Especially that first week he was gone.

here`s a one sigh from my dad :) 

on the night my father died my son asked him to give him a sigh, they were always fighting and joking,:):)  so in my dad`s memorial service in my dad `s backyard  a big storm it  and a  tree landed on my son `s truck:) Then the three medias stations came out and put by dad`s smiling face a picture of him on all over the tv stations telling it was a sigh from my dad :) 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

here`s a one sigh from my dad :) 

on the night my father died my son asked him to give him a sigh, they were always fighting and joking,:):)  so in my dad`s memorial service in my dad `s backyard  a big storm it  and a  tree landed on my son `s truck:) Then the three medias stations came out and put by dad`s smiling face a picture of him on all over the tv stations telling it was a sigh from my dad :) 

Ha! That’s awesome. Well not for your sons truck but... lol

As for myself my relationship was complicated with my dad. We kinda made up for it in my adult life, but we were never really close. 

I spent the week at his house as we made arrangements for him. I took his bed, cause no one else would sleep in it. One night I was thinking about him, when suddenly I got this overwhelming feeling like I was just surrounded in love. A very nurturing feeling that I had never felt from him before. I had a strong feeling he was with me. That was a night I’ll never forget. 

• Like 1

the second sigh from my dad

I cried but that christmas I asked my dad to give me a sign. he gave me every thing in life.  he gave me this little crystal  christmas tree with batteries to light it up ,so I asked him to light it up thinking it will never happen with out batteries, but that christmas morning I got up to pour my coffee and I saw a light flicking  and looked over at that tree was all sparking lit up.:) it happened by my anniversary clock spinning lighting it up. so why did that happen ?:):):)   

• Like 2

my third sign from my dad  that really convinced me:)

when we were kids my dad would put money changes in our shoes before when he went to work .so I asked my dad to do it again never telling any one  and just forgot it, thinking it will never happen again . but later on I went to put on my shoes on change was found on the floor, but I  thought no way  but after I got to my daughters I took off my shoes and there was more changes in my shoes :) so how does that  happen ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ok the sighs from my passed away husband :)

I said to my daughter lets be quiet and asked him to put a robin in her garage .so later a robin did flew in her garage :)

the second sign

I got a our song we first danced to in the dark on my cell phone that I never pointed to ! so why did that happen?

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

As for myself my relationship was complicated with my dad. We kinda made up for it in my adult life, but we were never really close. 

I spent the week at his house as we made arrangements for him. I took his bed, cause no one else would sleep in it. One night I was thinking about him, when suddenly I got this overwhelming feeling like I was just surrounded in love. A very nurturing feeling that I had never felt from him before. I had a strong feeling he was with me. That was a night I’ll never forget. 

I had that feeling when my dad died to and when my mom died I heard her voice.

• Like 1

the other thing in my life is a path finder.  my mom taught me.

I went to the gas station and lefted with out the cap on the gas that I traveled up and down the whole major street.   I did `nt know until  I got home so I went back going up and down to find, it was so frustrated  to find it . so went off in  a business driveway I got off and said in  I`m quiet said path finder find it , I turned around and saw the cap!

• Like 1

the other thing in my life is a path finder.  my mom taught me.

I went to the gas station and lefted with out the cap on the gas that I traveled up and down the whole major street.   I did `nt know until  I got home so I went back going up and down to find, it was so frustrated  to find it . so went off in  a business driveway I got off and said in  I`m quiet said path finder find it , I turned around and saw the cap!

Ha, wow what are the odds. 

sighs sighs:):) wish it could be a topic, there are sighs:):) 

Go for it. I think it would be a great topic. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Go for it. I think it would be a great topic. 

any people that  have signs :(

7 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

They are personal, to you they very well may only exist in your heart and mind, very much real to you and no one else, thats okay im all for anything that helps a person deal with grief and pain,

I do not like charlatans who use grief to gain attention and profits

The one thing i know us those we love who pass as long as they are in hearts they are not gone.

13 minutes ago, the13bats said:

They are personal, to you they very well may only exist in your heart and mind, very much real to you and no one else, thats okay im all for anything that helps a person deal with grief and pain,

I do not like charlatanss who use grief to gain attention and profits

The one thing i know us those we love who pass as long as they are in hearts they are not gone.

I don't know that the charlatans are true :(

6 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I don't know that the charlatans are true :(

By defination charlatan are not true.

21 hours ago, the13bats said:

I came here for the UMs and tried to and still try to avoid religious topics as it is the only comfort some people have,

I get dragged into a few NDE and AL threads i guess because i just like to call out narcissists who think they have special gifts and try to be all condeseding to anyone who diesnt praise them,  yet never prove their claims and when asked to they hide or go ad hominem.

A lot of people do.

I have found that pretty much all dear believers in NDE/AL base their beliefs on weak unsubstantiated anecdotal evidence.

I have never been presented even one documented proven case where a person has zero brain function, zero respiratory, and zero circulatory and warm dead and after several minutes was revived, you know all George Romero night of living dead style which is what we are talking because the brain just can not handle lack of oxygen.

100% of alleged NDE cases are just that "near death" the people are not "dead" and what tge report is the brains reaction to severe shock trauma.

As far as afterlife goes oddly wherever i kindly ask for a persons best evidence that isnt a story they either go ad hominem or present Ouija boards and phychics, and i already replied to that tripe.

They have only their faith and beliefs i have no idea why thats not good enough if of course their arent suffering the conflicts of self doubt.

I find that the self appointed self righteous experts are jerks. 

But mainly for me it's the hypocrisy. People claiming to have knowledge when it barely passes as a belief. As I see in this thread, a great many so called signs are better described as self fulfilling prophecies.

These people are often experts on kooks but don't know basic sciences. That's self validation. Nothing more and spreading BS, in effect dragging others down to their level because they do t have the self confidence to learn and rise up. Myths and beliefs I find a very sorry aspect of imagination and the biggest waste of learning one could undertake. Experts in BS.  Woohoo. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Stop pretending you read it lol. 

Stop pretending you are intuitive.

I read it ages ago when your dubious counterpart first posted that garbage. 

You should stop pretending it is something it is not. It's imaginative crap. Nothing more. And you're supporting those charlatans. 

Nor will I ever understand folks like yourself. At least on these types of subjects. That’s ok though. It doesn’t make either one of us bad, or dumb or whatever. We are just wired differently. 

It’s nothing to get upset over. 

It's not that. Wiring is the same in everyone. It's what you do with it.

You don't understand people like me because you already have all the answers. Like the welcher who supplied that rubbish link, you don't need to learn anything. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I think I can understand types like psyche101.   

You most certainly cannot. 

At some point scientism (the promotion of science as the best or only objective means by which society should determine normative and epistemological values) becomes a fervent fundamentalist belief system. Fundamentalists will react erratically to challenging information as it rubs a deeper insecurity in their fundamentalism.

Science was to smugly explain away all religious and superstitious thinking. Now when it appears there is some truth in this 'spiritual' stuff and that science is such a long way from understanding it, it is met with irrational anger and even name-calling. 

Science is a great thing, scientism is bad.

You can't really comment in science and you clearly do not uunderstand it at all and you are an enemy of reason.

And you welch on bets 

Nature isn't fundamentalism. Cults like religion are. 

You're so far behind its embarrassing.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Self fulfilling prophecies.

ngcb24

Edited by psyche101

4 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Ha, wow what are the odds. 

Here.

ngcb24

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Here.

ngcb24

Yep, ive called out countless who make claims of a gift and they either hid or go ad hominem, some babble, it doesnt work that way".

With afterlife the idea of it continuing as is forever yet im out of body and loose a lot isnt very appealing to me, dont get me wrong sometimes i do get a bit scared of being nothing but its like being asleep and not dreaming then you startle awake and recall you are alive just that last time we dont ever startle awake again.

Thats fine because nothing also brings peace and life is hurtful and hard, im in zero hurry to cash out but i fear it less and less, and when im really down i dont much fear it at all, either way i hope i have many more years and at least a few more good times.

And in some wild event im wrong it will be so cool ill get to hear true believers tell me , told you so for all eternity, who wouldnt look forward to that?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Yep, ive called out countless who make claims of a gift and they either hid or go ad hominem, some babble, it doesnt work that way".

With afterlife the idea of it continuing as is forever yet im out of body and loose a lot isnt very appealing to me, dont get me wrong sometimes i do get a bit scared of being nothing but its like being asleep and not dreaming then you startle awake and recall you are alive just that last time we dont ever startle awake again.

Thats fine because nothing also brings peace and life is hurtful and hard, im in zero hurry to cash out but i fear it less and less, and when im really down i dont much fear it at all, either way i hope i have many more years and at least a few more good times.

And in some wild event im wrong it will be so cool ill get to hear true believers tell me , told you so for all eternity, who wouldnt look forward to that?

100% mate.

Claimants seems to want it both ways. It cannot be measured, yet interacts with our physical world. That's entirely contradictory to anyone but a blind believer. 

Losing our loved ones from either perspective isn't a pleasant thing to contemplate or go through. I can understand that, these people I feel take that desperate straw grab and act as if it's a reality. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It's not that. Wiring is the same in everyone. It's what you do with it.

Clearly it is not. 

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

You don't understand people like me because you already have all the answers. Like the welcher who supplied that rubbish link, you don't need to learn anything. 

I already have all the answers?? When have I ever said or even implied anything like that? I’m open to possibility. You are the one here with the dogmatic beliefs and think you know everything. 

Im always open to learn new things. What can you learn from the close minded though? 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked