Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Origin of the Sumerians

Grim Reaper 6

A link to a bit of biassed site about Sundaland:

https://www.malaysia-today.net/2020/09/17/is-malaysia-the-cradle-of-civilisation/

I need a breath analyzer installed on my phone.

But at least these Malaysians could have called themselves 'blackheads' when they met the lighter skinned Semites in the area of the Persian Gulf.

Btw., Turkmenes or people surrounding them, do not look black, or dark skinned.

5 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Personally I believe the origins of the Sumerians should be sought in Sundaland.

That is not exactly 'north' of Sumeria, heh.

But we modern humans orientate ourselfs according to the location of the North Pole, and that's why the Mercator and other globe projections have the North Pole on top. The 'North'.

We have done that for many centuries, but before that the most important direction on the map would have been 'east'.

In ancient times the 'east' was our 'north'.

Hey partner, here is a interesting paper that is 17 pages long, which attempt to make some interesting connections . 

Edited by Manwon Lender

18 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hey partner, here is a interesting paper that is 17 pages long, which attempt to make some interesting connections . 

>>>

Hello Manwon,

I'm not getting your Pre-Sumerian Substratum link to work ??

Thank you
s

Edited by seasmith
punctu

5 hours ago, seasmith said:

>>>

Hello Manwon,

Thank you
s

Sorry, I just tried it it worked fine for me, I don't know what the problem is.

Hello Manwon,

Thank you
s

DItto. It looks like there's a paywall/log-in you can access but can't link to.

EDIT: Yep. It's a JSTOR article -- you need to register/pay for access. This link will get you to the article preview. Your choice to sign up/pay/use institutional access info:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1359726

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Also, from my reading, this author is not explicitly suggesting an extant pre-Sumerian substrate: he's actively critiquing the idea and the methodologies of people who /do/ suggest such a substrate.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Also, from my reading, this author is not explicitly suggesting an extant pre-Sumerian substrate: he's actively critiquing the idea and the methodologies of people who /do/ suggest such a substrate.

--Jaylemurph

I agree with you, I just thought the subject was worth adding to this thread. The other article on Sumerian Mythology also may offer some clues to where the Sumerians came from sometime Mythology isn't all myth.

Thanks

>>>

Hello Manwon,

Thank you
s

If you go to Google Scholar and type in the search information it will also open up, that's where both links came from.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 12:18 AM, Manwon Lender said:

Your first link went blind, but I've downloaded the next two.

May take a while to respond.

And please don't fkg call everybody your friend, mate or partner, oké?

They are not, believe me.

And it just irritates me. Sorry.

Edited to add:

You're an oké guy, based on what I have read posted by you.

And I know you follow the Buddhist way.

But not all of us follow the Buddhist way.

I don't.

I follow the Skeptical Way.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Your first link went blind, but I've downloaded the next two.

May take a while to respond.

And please don't fkg call everybody your friend, mate or partner, oké?

They are not, believe me.

And it just irritates me. Sorry.

Edited to add:

You're an oké guy, based on what I have read posted by you.

And I know you follow the Buddhist way.

But not all of us follow the Buddhist way.

I don't.

I follow the Skeptical Way.

Sorry to have offended you, I that's a term I have used for a long time and I had no intention of offending you by using it.I am aware that not everyone fits that discribtion, but it has nothing to do with being Buddhist. I don't understand where the your Buddhist and not everyone is Buddhist is coming from. I don't push Buddhsim on anyone and I don't really bring it up outside of threads designed to discuss it. As far as what way you follow, that has not been question by me, what ever you do is fine by me. 

Once you had a chance to go through the links .I would like to know what you think thanks.

Take Care. 

• Like 2

It’s an aspect of cultural linguistics, “mate” here is a shorthand for “fellow human being with whom you have or desire a reasonably respectful relationship” whereas “partner” is condescending, while in certsin parts of rhe world, the reverse is true.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It’s an aspect of cultural linguistics, “mate” here is a shorthand for “fellow human being with whom you have or desire a reasonably respectful relationship” whereas “partner” is condescending, while in certsin parts of rhe world, the reverse is true.

Thanks for your input here, however both words are examples of cultural linguistics, and neither has a condensing meaning. When the word partner is used in the context I use it in, it isn't condescending at all. The following is what partner means in the context I use it in (A partner is person who shares or is associated with another in some action or endeavor; ) 

Thanks for your thought here.

14 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Thanks for your input here, however both words are examples of cultural linguistics, and neither has a condensing meaning. When the word partner is used in the context I use it in, it isn't condescending at all. The following is what partner means in the context I use it in (A partner is person who shares or is associated with another in some action or endeavor; ) 

Thanks for your thought here.

Hi Manwon

Just tought I would chime in, I don't find it offensive but in my world your bro is likely they guy that gets the contract or sells you out and for me when I hear it my spidey senses go off in most cases not saying yours is one of them but thought I would share another perspective as there are many.:D:tu:

Edited by closed for business
A hopeless endeavor to correct at least one defect
  • Like 1

Jesus, I should have my mouth knitted closed.

Maybe not proper Angry Saxon, but i hope you all get what I'm at.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Jesus, I should have my mouth knitted closed.

Maybe not proper Angry Saxon, but i hope you all get what I'm at.

Well honestly it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, people like to add their thoughts hell its open Internet forum. There is only thing I would like to add to my previous comments to you. I am greatful for your comments, and I respect you all the more saying what did and how you did it. I am not one of those people who likes the politically correct nonsense, I like someone being direct and to the point. I have lived my entire life speaking directly and again it's a trait I respect. Although, it has gotten me in trouble on this forum few times because it seems most people don't appreciate the direct approach!:tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, closed for business said:

Hi Manwon

Just tought I would chime in, I don't find it offensive but in my world your bro is likely they guy that gets the contract or sells you out and for me when I hear it my spidey senses go off in most cases not saying yours is one of them but thought I would share another perspective as there are many.:D:tu:

Well you appear to live on the edge, and that's fine. I do understand how certain words can have multiple meaning, but in all cases the thing that effects a words meaning is based upon the situation and the context the word is used in. I know you understand what I am saying, and I can also read between lines and see what you are alluding too!!:tu:

So with that said, it should be obvious what my intentions are when I use those words.

Peace

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well you appear to live on the edge, and that's fine.

I'm retired,:whistle:

I never look for being a part of a group. I gave an oath to my country and a guy can only bang for one gang in my world. Will/have I fought with my govt? Yes but I would never incite brothers against each other to achieve a personal end. What I learn from my conflicts of learning I share with others on a personal basis as we live in a system no matter what govt controls it. I live a simple life because I chose to and that does not mean that it does not have it's rewards even if they were difficult to attain.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, closed for business said:

I never look for being a part of a group. I gave an oath to my country and a guy can only bang for one gang in my world. Will/have I fought with my govt? Yes but I would never incite brothers against each other to achieve a personal end. What I learn from my conflicts of learning I share with others on a personal basis as we live in a system no matter what govt controls it. I live a simple life because I chose to and that does not mean that it does not have it's rewards even if they were difficult to attain.

Very well said.

• Thanks 1

Manwon, I haven't read the papers you've linked to yet.

I have been reading like a dozen papers this saturday that made my head hurt, lol.

And here's an image from the 'paper' I posted earlier (Sundaland) :

20210612_201725.jpg

• Like 1

And can someone explain why some pics I upload turn 90 degrees?

<_<

26 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

And can someone explain why some pics I upload turn 90 degrees?

<_<

The forum attachment system doesn't rotate images, so I'd look at either the source image or your browser for an answer to that one.

17 hours ago, closed for business said:

I live a simple life too, Jay.

And I am also happy with it.

But I never chose it, it kind of 'happened'.

My life took many turns, just because my favorite mindset is (may the gods have mercy on my spelling) 'procrastrination'.

So I sort of jumped from job to job, from working in a lab, to whiping streets, to work for an astrologer, to work for an environmental control agency, as an assistent for the administration in a hospital, as a clerck in Peru for the company of the father of my wife to be (NOT).

Maybe I forgot a couple.

The message is: I met many people in many different surroundings and situations.

And THAT is, at the end, the thing I loved most about my life.

Right now I work for a "landscaping company" (hoveniersbedrijf in my language).  My work is ... earth,  and herbs, trees and shrubs. And my collegues come from all over Europe.

This site is like a "biechtstoel", in my language.

I think it's "confessional" in Angry-Saxon.

Edit:

Hah, I forgot to add working for a direct marketing company. For 15 fkg years.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Saru said:

The forum attachment system doesn't rotate images, so I'd look at either the source image or your browser for an answer to that one.

I will bet this is the first time someone asked you this question, lol.

But you may be right, so I will ask the FireFox guys and girls.

:tu: