Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Origin of the Sumerians

Grim Reaper 6

I didn't even know what a manwon was. Just making fun of your username.

Harte

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Harte said:

Dude, of course it was a joke. 99.999% of what I post is supposed to be funny (and it is - to me! :D)

Harte

That's what I thought along, but you had me going when you referred back to that post. Did you see the crap the guy posted in the thread where we were talking about families. Now, while it appears to be funny he is truly trying to be sarcastic, and that is just ignorance. It was directed at me, the guy loves to make jokes at my expense, but all I can do is laugh at his attempts, some people just have nothing better to do and their minds are as small as their attempts at humor!:D

Take Care my friend. 

10 minutes ago, Harte said:

Harte

Like I said, that's cool and .I enjoyed the conversation. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

That's what I thought along, but you had me going when you referred back to that post. Did you see the crap the guy posted in the thread where we were talking about families. Now, while it appears to be funny he is truly trying to be sarcastic, and that is just ignorance. It was directed at me, the guy loves to make jokes at my expense, but all I can do is laugh at his attempts, some people just have nothing better to do and their minds are as small as their attempts at humor!:D

Take Care my friend. 

I took it as an overcompensation for the uncomfortable feeling he was getting.

Plus, it was funny.

Harte

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harte said:

I took it as an overcompensation for the uncomfortable feeling he was getting.

Plus, it was funny.

Harte

I understand what your saying and you are partly correct. But, honestly he has some weird personal problem with me, it's almost an obsession. He follows me around the forum and makes similar comments along with attacking my credibility concerning my Military Career. Now, he never served in the Military so maybe he is using me as a scape goat because be thinks that the Military is a terrible way of life. 

But, what's weird about the guy is whenever I post comments to female forum members, and if they respond in a positive manner he becomes jealous of their comments and he has openly said that I don't deserve them, and that I am scamming those individuals in some way. The guys comments that I brought to your attention were funny, but his intent was over all sarcastic.

Anyway, thanks for your comments, Cyber Stalkers don't bother me at all. In fact they are mighty silly and While I don't understand the purpose of it, unlike most I would love to meet people like that face to face. Because any bullies when confronted will melt like Chocolate on a very hot day when the object of their attention stands up and doesn't run away.

Take Care my friend 

On 5/25/2021 at 12:18 AM, Harte said:

Harte

'Manwon' is the anagram of 'woman'.

The extra -n- is just to confuse people.

B)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Abramelin said:

'Manwon' is the anagram of 'woman'.

The extra -n- is just to confuse people.

B)

I know it’s legal in your country, but woman-lending in the USA is frowned upon! :)

—Jaylemurph 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/24/2021 at 5:18 PM, Harte said:

Harte

Aha.  I looked it up, too.  I feel a lot more educated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/24/2021 at 3:17 PM, Harte said:

Dude, of course it was a joke. 99.999% of what I post is supposed to be funny (and it is - to me! :D)

Hardly anything better than telling yourself a joke you have never heard before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I understand what your saying and you are partly correct. But, honestly he has some weird personal problem with me, it's almost an obsession. He follows me around the forum and makes similar comments along with attacking my credibility concerning my Military Career. Now, he never served in the Military so maybe he is using me as a scape goat because be thinks that the Military is a terrible way of life. 

But, what's weird about the guy is whenever I post comments to female forum members, and if they respond in a positive manner he becomes jealous of their comments and he has openly said that I don't deserve them, and that I am scamming those individuals in some way. The guys comments that I brought to your attention were funny, but his intent was over all sarcastic.

Anyway, thanks for your comments, Cyber Stalkers don't bother me at all. In fact they are mighty silly and While I don't understand the purpose of it, unlike most I would love to meet people like that face to face. Because any bullies when confronted will melt like Chocolate on a very hot day when the object of their attention stands up and doesn't run away.

Take Care my friend 

Never had any problem with him.

But you try anything with @Emma_Acid and you'll hear from me! :wub:

Harte

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Harte said:

Harte

Ok I will stay hands off, and you better do the same with Helen of Annoy.:wub:

Whatever happened to Emma?

I have not seen her post for long time, She is a very intelligent lady and she posted some good content? 

@Helen of Annoy :)

@Harte :D

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Harte said:

But you try anything with @Emma_Acid and you'll hear from me!

I think if anybody messes with Emma_Acid, she would be their principle concern.

Likewise if anybody messes with  @Kenemet the children of the Texas Hippie diaspora  will converge for a concert in Houston at Herman Park, throw flowers, and raise money for Scholar Aid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

OK folks, knock it off with discussing each other and other members. Let's just stay on topic and discuss the OP please. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2021 at 2:59 AM, jaylemurph said:

I know it’s legal in your country, but woman-lending in the USA is frowned upon! :)

—Jaylemurph 

Manwon lives in Korea.

So...

Edit:

Oh, we must get back on topic.

Sumerians... hmmmm...

Edited by Abramelin
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Manwon lives in Korea.

So...

Edit:

Oh, we must get back on topic.

Sumerians... hmmmm...

Well lets look at the word "Sumerian"....sum, summers, ah, they were wandering mathematicians forced to wander endlessly across the world as who would that sort near you?

• Haha 1

And they died out because they all suffered from an aneurism, which happens to be an anagram of Sumerian.

And as who would that sort near me?

I have not the faintest clue. Who are you suggesting?

7 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Well lets look at the word "Sumerian"....sum, summers, ah, they were wandering mathematicians forced to wander endlessly across the world as who would that sort near you?

I think I have Sumerian, because i am a lender!:yes:

5 hours ago, Abramelin said:

And they died out because they all suffered from an aneurism, which happens to be an anagram of Sumerian.

And as who would that sort near me?

I have not the faintest clue. Who are you suggesting?

They died out because they accidentally broke the only Abacus they had. It was loaned to them by aliens and they were unable to build another one!!:w00t::D

• Haha 2

Are we still om topic?

Years ago I found Hungarian websites claiming their ancient ancestors were the ancestors of the Sumerians.

You know the drill: many similar words in both languages, and ... that was it.

Oh, and the ancient Vinça script which does indeed resemble the proto-cuneiform script of the Sumerians.

But the Sumerians called themselves "blackheads".

Why? Not because of their black hair, because the neighboring Semitic tribes must have had black hair too.

So maybe they had a dark skin.

That would rule out the Turkish tribes to the north of them.

I was thinking of the Dravidians of India and Sri Lanka,  but then we have a problem with the language.

Edit:

An example of a site discussing the relationship between Hungarians, Turks and the Sumerians:

http://sumerianturks.org/sumerian_hungarian.htm

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2

The question over where the Sumerians might have come from reminds me of this image.

uvHjBmq.jpg

The question is while the game can be played, i.e we cab speculate but it cannot be won.(we lack sufficient evidence)

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 2

On 5/26/2021 at 3:48 PM, Harte said:

Harte

Lol, while that is very sweet of you I’m pretty sure Emma can handle anyone...

Right after she explains to the person just how wrong they are, where they went wrong in posting, how they should educate themselves, exactly how to remove their head from their ass, make them cry and ponder their own existence and usually in a few sentences.

Shes awesome like that.

Nibs

• Haha 3

On 5/27/2021 at 5:57 AM, rashore said:

OK folks, knock it off with discussing each other and other members. Let's just stay on topic and discuss the OP please. 

Oops, sorry, didn’t see the warning before I posted.

Ill stop.

Nibs

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Link

The Origin of Sumerians

Metin Gunduz Retired Physician, Diplomate ABEM (American Board of Emergency Medicine), Izmir, Turkey.

Abstract

Who were the Sumerians? Where did they originate? For those who are not familiar with this remarkable, resourceful and intelligent people, who not only invented writing but also established the true mythological foundations of all main religions of the world, simply put, they taught us almost everything. Four different points regarding the current known archeological evidence are evaluated separately, and the Sumerians’ unique and strongly sacred mythological beliefs related to the lapis lazuli stone and the myth’s origin are analyzed. The uniqueness of the lapis mine location in the Hindu Kush Mountains and the unique (fingerprint) trace element and other physical characteristics of this metamorphic sacred blue stone of the Sumerians are the primary points of focus. The only possible and provable location of their original homeland, “based on the analysis” is; between the Caspian Sea and the Hindu Kush and Kopet Mountains, which is in Turkmenistan. This analysis and conclusion are based on “multiple independent factors”: current archeological excavations, the uniqueness of metamorphic lapis lazuli as a stone and over 6000 years of lapis lazuli mining at a fixed location (absolutely necessary requirements for the origin of strong lapis mythology) and current credible biogeographic DNA evidence and the distribution of R1b haplogroup of “Arbins”, as recently described by Dr. Anatole A. Klyosov. The Sumerians initial migration presumably began with a persistent drought in their original homeland, that eventually forced them to abandon their home migrate and resettle in the southern fertile lands of the Middle East between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers and eventually further south near the banks of Nile River in north east Africa.

• Like 2

Personally I believe the origins of the Sumerians should be sought in Sundaland.

That is not exactly 'north' of Sumeria, heh.

But we modern humans orientate ourselfs according to the location of the North Pole, and that's why the Mercator and other globe projections have the North Pole on top. The 'North'.

We have done that for many centuries, but before that the most important direction on the map would have been 'east'.

In ancient times the 'east' was our 'north'.

• Like 1