Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Practice games

Saru

laugh.gif @ Burnside, Go get 'em !

Lottie, Byuu and Barman? I started practice games with you too original.gif

Grrrrr @ the 6 game limit lol

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• BurnSide

• Saru

• Elfstone810

ok well I just got well and truly beaten to a pulp by Talon

To be fair you were slaughtering me last night, if we hadn't called a break for the night you would have killed me right there and then. You were really strong.

Sorry for the resign Saru.

I felt my play was getting a little embarrasing.

Not at all, it was a good game. thumbsup.gif

Thistle, if I'm not mistaken, I believe I've just taken your queen for a horsey thing.... oh yeh a knight. yes.gif

Edited by gollum

Challenge accepted from SaRuMaN & Thistle, although I must warn you I only access a computer at work so it may occasionally be a while between moves, I'll do my best though thumbsup.gif

Edit: Is it just me or does anyone else get really nervous when playing SaRuMaN?

Dammit, shouldn't give away my fear wacko.gif

Edited by thebarman

Thistle, if I'm not mistaken, I believe I've just taken your queen for a horsey thing.... oh yeh a knight. yes.gif

499899[/snapback]

No you're quite right Gollum, and unless I'm mistaken I now have your Queen pinned in a very very tight poky wee corner lol

laugh.gif

Edit: Is it just me or does anyone else get really nervous when playing SaRuMaN?

I'll let you into a secret Barman.....if you tickle him, he giggles like a wee pixie and loses all concentration.

thumbsup.gif

You're playing two really good players barman, Saruman and Thistle!

You're playing two really good players barman, Saruman and Thistle!

499981[/snapback]

Gee thanks Burnsie, as if I wasn't nervous enough already tongue.gif

Is it just me or does anyone else get really nervous when playing SaRuMaN?

I'll let you into a secret Barman.....if you tickle him, he giggles like a wee pixie and loses all concentration.

Dam, my weakness has been revealed laugh.gif

Aaaaaaagghhhhh! Thistle leave me alone!! laugh.gif

Can't.....get.....pieces......out.....

lol sorry barman, but you can blame Gollum.....he's beating me so you're getting my temper tantrum

laugh.gif

Edited by Thistle

No you're quite right Gollum, and unless I'm mistaken I now have your Queen pinned in a very very tight poky wee corner lol

2 rooks and a queen down T, that has got to be hurting! ~lol~

(By the way, my queen is now relatively safe) tee, hee.

Well, I'm playing Saruman and I'm nervous! AND I've been challenged by Talon and THAT makes me nervous. I'm gonna need therapy by the time this tournament's over! hmm.gif

tongue.gif

(Psst! Thistle! Where's Saru ticklishest?)

Well, my game against Talon here seems to be going pretty well i must say!

Well, I'm going to scurry off to bed before Saruman wakes up or Talon comes back. That's what I call a "strategy"! wink2.gif

(The Snooze Gambit)

Do I suck at chess or are Thistle and SaRuMaN really good?

I haven't played for years and now I'm playing both of them simultaneously and I keep forgetting which tactics I'm playing in each game, very confusing wacko.gif

You probably don't suck, there just very good.

I've got 18-20 games on the go at the moment, try getting your head round that! laugh.gif

Edited by gollum

I'm playing a guy (he's not UM) called Skywalker Red. The games going on 3 nights now and we've both eliminated all but 1 officer (not including kinds) and 5 pawns each. Best I can hope to do is drive my pawns to then end and get a queen, otherwise its a draw.

He's really good though if someone wants to use him for practicing their games.

Ack, you guys are all WAY better than me! tongue.gif The thing is, I know what each of the pieces do, but I don't have the first clue about strategy. I'm playing Talon and Saruman and basically my strategy with both of them is to panic and get paranoid every time they make a move. I'm like, okay, why did they do that? They're trying to trick me into doing something. They want me to move this piece! No, THAT piece! No, THIS piece!

EEEEKKKKKk!

They want me to move this piece! No, THAT piece! No, THIS piece!

Nah, that’s the tactic I'm using against Burnside right now grin2.giflaugh.gif

The thing is, I know what each of the pieces do, but I don't have the first clue about strategy.

Don't say that, all it requires is to make sure you don't place a peace in a place where it isn't protected or under attack from a piece with less value for at least enough turns that you don't get bogged down.

Don't let an opponent trap two of your pieces so that you have choose one and let them have the other.

NEVER let your opponent get their pawns over the half way mark on the board (I let Thistle do that and hammered me for much of the game).

Don't let time be an issue, take as long as you want to make the next move. Pressure and hast is our own worst enemy. And since most of us are using the turn-based rather than live, you don't have to worry about finishing a game in one go. If your really stuck, Sleep On It. The board looks completely different after you come back to after a few hours.

In the end, its the person who guesses (or better yet, manipulates) what their opponent does next who wins. Anyone can do it, you just need more practice, and to have confidence that you'll win in the end thumbsup.gif

... I don't know if thats any help, their fairly obvious, I just hope that I didn't come off as condescending there huh.gif

Edited by Talon S.

They want me to move this piece! No, THAT piece! No, THIS piece!

Nah, that’s the tactic I'm using against Burnside right now grin2.giflaugh.gif

502030[/snapback]

I knew there was a reason you so easily gave up that Rook. disgust.gif

Bishop tongue.gif

Actually I'm going to delete that line about the Bishops... thats how I win matches, I don't everyone knowing it. huh.gif

Bishop, sorry.

I'll have to be more careful from now on i think. original.gif Soonb as the site comes back up that is.