Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Practice games

Saru

... I don't know if thats any help, their fairly obvious, I just hope that I didn't come off as condescending there

Not at all! original.gif Thanks for the tips!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• BurnSide

• Saru

• Elfstone810

4/4 lost!

Bring it on!

Good! You're too good for me. tongue.gif

Am I really? grin2.gif I think you're kidding, though. Everything I think up, you block!

(I'm a she, btw. wink2.gif)

Ahhh! You're evil! See! I KNEW he was just stringing me along!

crying.gif

Not at all. I was actually really really scared. I'm so glad I managed take the queen. It changes everything.

Seriously though, you had quite a few moves where you would have disimated me had you pressed down the upon the King with your Queen more.

You'll be a really strong player with a few more games under your belt thumbsup.gif

Edited by Talon S.

Thanks. original.gif Gosh, he's making me cry and being nice at the same time! tongue.gif I've only ever played one other player, years ago, and he ALWAYS won. I found out later where he'd learned to play.

In prison. hmm.gif

BTW, just for the record, blush.gif the only reason I knew an ex-con was because I was working with him.

It was kind of funny, actually. The place I worked had a strict rule about not hiring anyone who'd been convicted of a felony, but he lied and by the time they found out they'd promoted him to manager. Well, gosh, sure there was a rule, but they were GOOD judges of character, weren't they? And after all, he'd paid his debt to society, hadn't he? So they decided to make an exception, just this once.

Then one day he left to take a deposit to the bank and the next anyone heard of him was when the police caught him up in Detroit about three months later. tongue.gif

Talon has almost finished anhilating me. hmm.gif I'm learning a lot from him, though. devil.gif

I had the opposite experience. We hired a guy, he later quit, and then a year later was arrested for murder. grin2.gif

Talon has almost finished anhilating me.  I'm learning a lot from him, though. 

Ah, but the bright side is your forcing me to take almost all your peices just to get a pin on your king. thumbsup.gif The longer a match goeson and more peices taken on both sides shows how closed players are in skill. A true anhilation would have been a checkmate in 7 moves after only 4 peices had been taken off the board. You've done really well. thumbsup.gif I will say this though, next time, make more use with your Queen, its the strongest peice but you never moved it.

Edited by Talon S.

Any chance of a practice match Talon when you get a spare game slot on RHP ? wink2.gif

To Talon,

Thanks for offering a game, but at the moment I'm playing SaRuMaN, Thistle and Lottie and getting beat by all three, by all accounts I've heard you're a bit good so if it's ok I'll decline while I try and remember tactics I once knew years ago, rather than humiliate myself once more...

thebarman thumbsup.gif

Edited by thebarman

Any chance of a practice match Talon when you get a spare game slot on RHP ?

Sure, at the mo I'm playing Lottie, Golum, Elfstone, ElvisHendrx0, Joc and a freind from Glasgow, so I'll challenge you to a practice when I finish one.

P.S. Lottie its your turn *poke, poke*

K, Saru I cleared a space and challenged you grin2.gif

Sorry I deleted our game ElvisHendrx0, but you haven't moved in a week.

Arrrgghhh! Is RHP down again? It let me on, but when I tried to move it froze up and wouldn't give me anything but a "page cannot be displayed" message! (Sorry, Saruman! It wouldn't even let me see the game against you!)

Seems to be working fine now thumbsup.gif

Think SaRuMaN might be a little annoyed at me, our practice game has been going on a while now and it's blatently obvious he's going to win due to my shocking lack of pieces left on the board but I just keep running....

Edited by thebarman

*lol* i'll get there eventually thumbsup.gif

Well played Talon. Now for the real thing. wink2.gif

Are you OK to go into the real deal now?

Edited by gollum

Okay, I got to admit, I have no idea if its even possible for me to win against Saruman in this practice match we're having sad.gif

*lol* I wouldn't worry, i'm very likely to mess this up at any moment. hmm.gif

Thats what I thinking though. grin2.gif (EDIT: about myself)

No matter who wins, its likely going to be tight

Edited by Talon S.