Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Practice games

Saru

Erm....what happended Saru, you had me on the run? You were there for the kill!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• BurnSide

• Saru

• Elfstone810

Well all I can say is that it has a very peculiar sense of what constitutes a draw. hmm.gif

Good game anyways thumbsup.gif

So if I can avoid Talon long enough the screwy computer will call it a draw? grin2.gif

As Charlemagne said, "let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the idiosyncratic computer programs on the Internet!" (or words to that effect. wink2.gif)

So if I can avoid Talon long enough the screwy computer will call it a draw?

yeah, I think its a 100 move limit on Hotpawn

Edited by Talon S.

Well all I can say is that it has a very peculiar sense of what constitutes a draw.  hmm.gif

Good game anyways  thumbsup.gif

508357[/snapback]

Oh I thought you'd claimed a draw after getting bored of chasing my king round the board for 5 days! That's wierd I read the site rules I didn't see anything about the site forcing a draw on you.

Anyway well played SaRuMaN, however it would have done my ego a lot more if I'd perhaps played my first game in over 10 years against someone further down the scale. I look forward to a rematch when I've remembered a little more...

I think my mistake was to let you get into a position where your king wasn't in check, but none of your pieces could move - which the game automatically classes as a stalemate.

I'll have to watch out for that in future laugh.gif

I think my mistake was to let you get into a position where your king wasn't in check, but none of your pieces could move - which the game automatically classes as a stalemate.

I'll have to watch out for that in future  laugh.gif

509364[/snapback]

Ahh of course, so it was a legitamate draw after all even though you had taken all but my King and two pawns, sweet I fully expected to lose that one thumbsup.gif

S'ok barmannie, im gonna whoop ur lil bitty butt just now wub.gif

EDIT:- Ho Hum hmm.gifblink.gif He beat me

Edited by Snowbaby

Oh I thought you'd claimed a draw after getting bored of chasing my king round the board for 5 days!

LOL laugh.gif

Wahhhh!!!!! crying.gif Wahhhh! Talon beat me! The big meaniehead! angry.gif Waaaaahhhhhhh!!!! crying.gif

grin2.gif Okay, better now. grin2.gif

I just checked a book on chess out of the library and noticed that there's a rule in it that "when a game reaches the same position three times with the same player on move the game is a draw". Just thought I'd toss that out as another possibility as to why Barman and Saruman's match was called (though, of course, if Saru had Barman pinned but not in check, that's listed in my book as a stalemate).

BTW, is there any difference between a draw and a stalemate? And, if not, why do they have different names for them? hmm.gif

BTW, is there any difference between a draw and a stalemate?  And, if not, why do they have different names for them? hmm.gif

510364[/snapback]

I don't know for sure, so don't quote me on this but I would think a draw is offered and accepted willingly, while a stalemate is something you end up in unintentionally.

That's my theory, correct me if I'm wrong thumbsup.gif

Sorry about this people but I'm out of this for 10 days. I'm off down south on a shooting cadre.

I'll get back to it when I return. thumbsup.gif

Ok thanks for letting us know - you might want to make sure your current games are all finished before you go if you have time, as some of them will time out by default before you get back - the time limit is 10 days exactly on RHP.

Well done Talon, couldn't stop you getting your queen back which was what finished me off.

Good game thumbsup.gif

Thanks, you were really strong. Your pawn deployment I must say was really hard to make an impact on it without that massive exchange of officers at the start, I'll watch out for that in the next game thumbsup.gif