Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Manwon Lender

What were the Mysterious Lights seen over Germany during WWII known as Foo Fighters

Recommended Posts

Manwon Lender
Posted (edited)

It was nearly the end of World War II. But for the airmen of the 415th Night Fighter Squadron, it felt more like the beginning of War of the Worlds. The first known sighting of what would later become known as Foo Fighters was seen during a reconnaissance flight near the German French border in late November 1944. The pilot contacted a ground radar site to see if the objects were being tracked on radar, the radar operator replied that the that there was no other traffic in the planes area. The pilot turned his aircraft towards the lights and they disappeared. Mysterious UFOs Seen by WWII Airman Still Unexplained - HISTORY

These sightings would not only increase in numbers, they would also become more aggressive in the manner they harassed allied aircraft. Just as mysteriously as they appeared in November of 1944 they disappeared in late 1945. What was responsible for this phenomenon and why was did it only appear for a short period during the end of World War II. Below are some videos and photographs of this Phenomenon.

Possible scientific explanation for the Foo Fighter Phenomenon ( Foo Fighters and Microwave Oven Plasma Ball ) 2004.10653.pdf (arxiv.org)

 

image.jpeg.24ba46a24f12963dc22edfb72110ffbf.jpegImage result for German Foo Fighters

 

image.jpeg.f8fb17af7fd6061171a74230226c0912.jpegFoo Fighters worldwartwo.filminspector.com P-51 Mustang

 

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
zep73
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Possible scientific explanation for the Foo Fighter Phenomenon ( Foo Fighters and Microwave Oven Plasma Ball ) 2004.10653.pdf (arxiv.org)

Fooling around with plasma in a microwave oven

[27:51] (You don't need to watch it all to get the gist.)

The video is mostly about the colors of the plasma, and what elements produces them, but it gives you a good idea of what's going on.

The airplane is the match and the ground radar is the microwave emitter. Together they make plasma.

It was the specific combination of the very hot engine exhaust and type of radar used at that period of time that probably caused the plasma balls.

Edited by zep73
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
27 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Fooling around with plasma in a microwave oven

[27:51] (You don't need to watch it all to get the gist.)

The video is mostly about the colors of the plasma, and what elements produces them, but it gives you a good idea of what's going on.

The airplane is the match and the ground radar is the microwave emitter. Together they make plasma.

It was the specific combination of the very hot engine exhaust and type of radar used at that period of time that probably caused the plasma balls.

Yea, I understood that point. However it doesn't explain the balls of light come from the ground or the balls of light come straight on from a distance. Where they start out as a pin point of light and grow larger as they approach. If it only occurred once or maybe two times during the war, it would be easy to attribute to atmospheric conditions, like ball lightening which is also a plasma discharge. Some have also attempted to explain it away as flares that were fired up to illuminate the sky for flake batteries. But, the problem with many of the theories is according to eye witnesses the objects were under some form of control which allowed them move at extreme rates of speed, and perform maneuvers that were impossible even today.

In reality they acted like drones, that were possible controlled from the ground, but there is no way to know for certain. But, two interesting facts remain, nothing was ever discover in the captured German Archives and this phenomenon only lasted for approximately 8 months from November 1944 until approximately August 1945 and then it stopped.

Take Care my friend.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter

Great logic Manwon. I'm pondering what made them stop over eight months time. Could something, or someone have intervened? Could it have been other :alien:? Nawww.

 

45e9611843dd4f549f199a7cf2ba2701.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter

And just because I can;

 

 

 

e8b89bee826312a6b7e587e07140c3cf--crop-circles-funny-memes.jpg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
23 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

And just because I can;

 

 

 

e8b89bee826312a6b7e587e07140c3cf--crop-circles-funny-memes.jpg

You do realize I am a skeptic when it come to the Alien Vistation to Earth. However, I do think it's possible that the entire universe as we know it is in a Petrie Disk on Alien Scientists desk and what we call the Big Bang and all reality as we know is nothing more than the expansion of fungal spores within that Petrie Disk!!:devil:

So let me ask you, what happens if he spills his coffee into our Petrie Dish?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

However, I do think it's possible that the entire universe as we know it is in a Petrie Disk on Alien Scientists desk and what we call the Big Bang and all reality as we know is nothing more than the expansion of fungal spores within that Petrie Disk!!:devil:

And they keep stirring us with that glass rod thingy. Exciting, isn't it? Never boring.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff
2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

So let me ask you, what happens if he spills his coffee into our Petrie Dish?

Biblical floods! ('Cept they'd be brown and murky)

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
12 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Biblical floods! ('Cept they'd be brown and murky)

 

My thoughts exactly!:tu:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs

Forgive me for being non-specific, but the very few photos that exist are all scans of old and very poor quality prints, that look like they were put through a copier several times.  Cameras back in the day were MUCH better than this - there's thousands of good quality images and hours of good quality footage out there - just not one of this..  Every one of these pics seems to have telltale signs of photoshopping (or darkroom/copier manipulation).

The stories are generally weak and not well corroborated, there's no movie footage, and frankly, I think it's just some pilots wanting excuses or tall stories to tell their grandkids, added to a few purely made-up stories that do not involve real pilot testimony at all, or testimony that does not relate to the images claimed...

If anyone can pull out a really well-documented and photographed event, I'll take more interest..

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

dupe.gif.c0796b4c00364e1ff5ecfb57dfd6251c.gif

I thought this sounded familiar,

 

Ive covered my opinions in the last thread on the subject and will give chrlzs a reply here,

13 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Forgive me for being non-specific, but the very few photos that exist are all scans of old and very poor quality prints, that look like they were put through a copier several times.  Cameras back in the day were MUCH better than this - there's thousands of good quality images and hours of good quality footage out there - just not one of this..  Every one of these pics seems to have telltale signs of photoshopping (or darkroom/copier manipulation).

The stories are generally weak and not well corroborated, there's no movie footage, and frankly, I think it's just some pilots wanting excuses or tall stories to tell their grandkids, added to a few purely made-up stories that do not involve real pilot testimony at all, or testimony that does not relate to the images claimed...

If anyone can pull out a really well-documented and photographed event, I'll take more interest..

Everything you say is pretty much correct, at the time my dad was a plane tech who jumped to photo analysis.

He heard a lot of foo fighter stories, yeah just stories but saw them himself, yeah just his story, FWIW dad thought the phenomenon was related to static he said the orginal claims were only with prop driven planes and a plasma, static discharge or even like a ball lightening, his job was to find out what the devil was it.

Dad was also skeptical of later stories which he said sounded embellished or made up to him perhaps some bandwagon effect for like you suggest bragging rights.

Germany had some very wild "flying machines" but most are pretty well documented dad was a firm believer had foo fighters belonged to a hostile country they wouldnt have been used benign and Von Braun would have known about it and talked.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
1 hour ago, the13bats said:

dupe.gif.c0796b4c00364e1ff5ecfb57dfd6251c.gif

I thought this sounded familiar,

 

Ive covered my opinions in the last thread on the subject and will give chrlzs a reply here,

Everything you say is pretty much correct, at the time my dad was a plane tech who jumped to photo analysis.

He heard a lot of foo fighter stories, yeah just stories but saw them himself, yeah just his story, FWIW dad thought the phenomenon was related to static he said the orginal claims were only with prop driven planes and a plasma, static discharge or even like a ball lightening, his job was to find out what the devil was it.

Dad was also skeptical of later stories which he said sounded embellished or made up to him perhaps some bandwagon effect for like you suggest bragging rights.

Germany had some very wild "flying machines" but most are pretty well documented dad was a firm believer had foo fighters belonged to a hostile country they wouldnt have been used benign and Von Braun would have known about it and talked.

Thanks for the link and that is fine with me completely. However what is weird about the situation with Foo Fighters is that the sightings were not only located in German. They were being reported across Europe, and even around the Japanese Islands, now all these reports started around November of 1944 and effectively ended a few months after the Japanese surrender occurred in 1945. You know I am very skeptical about Aliens having visited Earth, so in my opinion there are only two things that could have caused this Phenomenon. So in my opinion they may be some kind of Atmospheric disruption or they were some kind plasma discharge that was designed to confuse the pilots so that fighter planes could attack the bombers more easily.

I am leaning towards the Plasma discharge because there were a number of reported sighting that said that the glowing balls were coming up from the ground towards their planes. Now, it was suggested that what they saw aerial flares designed to light up the sky. But, this theory doesnt hold water because the Germans never changed the type of aerial flares they had been using since the beginning of the war so the pilots cold not have confused the flares for something else.

take Care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.