Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Brandy333

The Paracas, Who Were They?

38 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Brandy333
Posted (edited)

DNA tests reveal that Paracas skulls are not human | Mysteriesrunsolved

A while back I did a lot of studying about the Nazca Lines, and while doing so I came upon an article about some peoples called the Paracas.   They lived thousands of years ago near Peru, and some of their skulls found by archeologists are now in museums.   It has been questioned why their skulls were shaped the way they were, and possibly could it be a link to ancient aliens once on earth.

Edited by Brandy333
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
15 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

DNA tests reveal that Paracas skulls are not human | Mysteriesrunsolved

A while back I did a lot of studying about the Nazca Lines, and while doing so I came upon an article about some peoples called the Paracas.   They lived thousands of years ago near Peru, and some of their skulls found by archeologists are now in museums.   It has been questioned why their skulls were shaped the way they were, and possibly could it be a link to ancient aliens once on earth.

Hi Brandy

Likely a search would have brought up several threads about this and just to note your article claims they were tested for dna it does not show any results  so kind of a hollow point.

jmccr8

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandy333
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Brandy

Likely a search would have brought up several threads about this and just to note your article claims they were tested for dna it does not show any results  so kind of a hollow point.

jmccr8

Well, ok about the search, but I disagree with you a little about the DNA.   I'm pretty sure I read they found out the Paracas were not human, at least not what we think of as human, which lead to the question of where they came from and possible ancient alien involvement due to the skull shapes.

The title reads DNA tests reveal the Paraca skulls are not human.  No hollow point.

Edited by Brandy333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSot
18 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Well, ok about the search, but I disagree with you a little about the DNA.   I'm pretty sure I read they found out the Paracas were not human, at least not what we think of as human, which lead to the question of where they came from and possible ancient alien involvement due to the skull shapes.

The title reads DNA tests reveal the Paraca skulls are not human.  No hollow point.

 You'll note that at no point were the names mentioned nor was the lab where the results were tested. 

The star child skull has received legitimate DNA testing. Though unlike what's claimed in the article returned normal human DNA result matching the expected profile for the region. 

https://theness.com/index.php/the-starchild-project/

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt

It should be pointed out that the Paracas skull DNA claim was also “favorably” compared to Lloyd Pye’s Starchild skull DNA claim and as several of you know from my posts Pye claimed there were only a handful of MtDNA haplogroups in the human genome and he really screwed up when he effectively ignored the majority of the 3500+ groups and subgroups TO INCLUDE MINE. Needless to say I’m very much human, believe it or not. 
 

cormac

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandy333
12 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

 You'll note that at no point were the names mentioned nor was the lab where the results were tested. 

The star child skull has received legitimate DNA testing. Though unlike what's claimed in the article returned normal human DNA result matching the expected profile for the region. 

https://theness.com/index.php/the-starchild-project/

Julio C. Tello discovered the skulls, and The Paracas Museum of History sent 5 samples for genetic testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSot
6 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Julio C. Tello discovered the skulls

And isn't the one making the claims theyre citing. Just some unspecified researchers. 

6 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

, and The Paracas Museum of History sent 5 samples for genetic testing.

Great. Who? Who sent them for testing. Who did the testing. What, exactly were the results. Who verified 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
2 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

And isn't the one making the claims theyre citing. Just some unspecified researchers. 

Great. Who? Who sent them for testing. Who did the testing. What, exactly were the results. Who verified 

Nobody has verified it so far. As to the Starchild skull testing was “performed by Dr. David Sweet, Director of the Bureau of Legal Dentistry at the University of British Columbia”. The results were Amerindian Male.  That places the alien claim in the trash where it belongs. 
 

https://theness.com/index.php/the-starchild-project/

cormac

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSot
36 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Nobody has verified it so far. As to the Starchild skull testing was “performed by Dr. David Sweet, Director of the Bureau of Legal Dentistry at the University of British Columbia”. The results were Amerindian Male.  That places the alien claim in the trash where it belongs. 
 

https://theness.com/index.php/the-starchild-project/

cormac

You included the same link as I did earlier.

 My questions were for brandy towards the article.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Nobody has verified it so far. As to the Starchild skull testing was “performed by Dr. David Sweet, Director of the Bureau of Legal Dentistry at the University of British Columbia”. The results were Amerindian Male.  That places the alien claim in the trash where it belongs. 
 

https://theness.com/index.php/the-starchild-project/

cormac

The Starchild fraud was used to generate money for its leading con men Lloyd Pye and Mark Bean. It's remarkable how these old debunked hoaxes still continue to draw people in.

 

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
2 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

You included the same link as I did earlier.

 My questions were for brandy towards the article.

Didn’t catch that, my bad. 
 

cormac

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSot
1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Didn’t catch that, my bad. 
 

cormac

No worries. I put an emoticon on the message but the forum rejected it. For reasons. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats

They’re human. As human as you, me, PapaG... even as human as the god amongst men that is Jaylemurphy. 
What they are is someone literally abusing a corpse, probably of a child, in order to make a quick buck off of rubes.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSot
32 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

They’re human. As human as you, me, PapaG... even as human as the god amongst men that is Jaylemurphy. 
What they are is someone literally abusing a corpse, probably of a child, in order to make a quick buck off of rubes.

*looks around* 

 I believe we've reached pavlovian levels of reactions to the Paracas 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/elongated-skulls-found-peru-aliens/

According to this. The claim is they were human, just mutated away from the baseline. But, even that seems unproven.

Quote

Interestingly, the mitochondrial DNA, which is inherited from the mother, showed mutations that were unknown to any man, primate or animal found on planet Earth. The mutations present in the samples of the Paracas skulls suggest that researchers were dealing with a completely new ‘human-like being,’ very different from Homo sapiens, Neanderthals or Denisovans.

Quote

The announcement in 2014 that the skulls had non-human DNA was originally promoted by Brien Foerster, a figure known for pseudoscience.

Quote

We found no credible academic sources or publications corroborating the claim that DNA taken from the skulls found at Paracas was not human in origin or abnormal enough to warrant further study. The practice of purposely elongating skulls is well known to anthropologists, and while academics may debate the motivation certain societies had for doing it, there is no scientific debate over whether those societies were human.

Proof of nonhuman = 0

Evidence indicating normal people for their time = tons.

But, each person decides for themselves I guess.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
10 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

Well, ok about the search, but I disagree with you a little about the DNA.   I'm pretty sure I read they found out the Paracas were not human, at least not what we think of as human, which lead to the question of where they came from and possible ancient alien involvement due to the skull shapes.

The title reads DNA tests reveal the Paraca skulls are not human.  No hollow point.

These so-called DNA tests are performed by a woman who also has "established" from DNA that hair samples are definitely from Bigfoot.

It's sort of her M.O. She'll give you a news release that says whatever you want it to say, and you never publish the actual DNA findings so people can't really see WTF you're talking about.

Pye used her, and he was really bad about posting partial versions of his test results so you couldn't really interpret the findings.

He milked that thing, and the Paracas thing, literally for years - constantly asking for donations so he could pay for more "testing" (supposedly.)

When he died, Brien Foerster glommed onto Pye's cash cow. But most of the cash flow has tapered off considerably since Pye's heyday.

Harte

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSot
4 hours ago, Harte said:

These so-called DNA tests are performed by a woman who also has "established" from DNA that hair samples are definitely from Bigfoot.

It's sort of her M.O. She'll give you a news release that says whatever you want it to say, and you never publish the actual DNA findings so people can't really see WTF you're talking about.

Pye used her, and he was really bad about posting partial versions of his test results so you couldn't really interpret the findings.

He milked that thing, and the Paracas thing, literally for years - constantly asking for donations so he could pay for more "testing" (supposedly.)

When he died, Brien Foerster glommed onto Pye's cash cow. But most of the cash flow has tapered off considerably since Pye's heyday.

Harte

As I recall her paper was the kne that claimed that Bigfoot was a human subspecies that branched off some ridiculously short time ago. Something more recent than the genetic isolation of natives here  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
Posted (edited)

Come on guys I thought Rupert already explained that 'bigfoots' are just escaped Atlantean trans-dimensional guinea pig like pets. Most Atlantean children obtain them once they could do Algebraic geometry and handle zeroes in polynomials. An act of passage as it were, usually around age 7. His 'bigfoot' he named 'Spine splinterer'. He like many children once they became teen-agers would release their pets in the wild...

Edited by Hanslune
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nobu
17 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

Julio C. Tello discovered the skulls, and The Paracas Museum of History sent 5 samples for genetic testing.

I side with you in the willingness to believe in the unbelievable.... but I also believe in human nature. Meaning that unknown sequences in a dna chain that would prove alien or new upright walking monkeys would last about 3 hours after sequencing before the lid would blow off. You couldn’t keep this a secret as it would be a several Nobel prize creation event.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Nobu said:

I side with you in the willingness to believe in the unbelievable.... but I also believe in human nature. Meaning that unknown sequences in a dna chain that would prove alien or new upright walking monkeys would last about 3 hours after sequencing before the lid would blow off. You couldn’t keep this a secret as it would be a several Nobel prize creation event.

If they could even sequence them.

Depending on which system they used an automated system would - I believe - just come up with an error message.

https://sciencing.com/kind-equipment-used-analyze-dna-6137001.html  Cormac could you comment on this?

The idea that alien 'dna' and ours would be the same is a bit of stretch even a greater stretch would be that our chemistry would even be remotely the same or that we could 'mate'. Its difficult on earth for different species to mate and to have fertile hybrids.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

If they could even sequence them.

Depending on which system they used an automated system would - I believe - just come up with an error message.

https://sciencing.com/kind-equipment-used-analyze-dna-6137001.html  Cormac could you comment on this?

The idea that alien 'dna' and ours would be the same is a bit of stretch even a greater stretch would be that our chemistry would even be remotely the same or that we could 'mate'. Its difficult on earth for different species to mate and to have fertile hybrids.

Depending on the quality of DNA being tested, whether it’s a complete or degraded sample, the best can be shown to be better than 99% accurate in determining whether a subject is human, male or female and in some cases cultural affinities. At this point the study of archaeogenetics and testing specifically are advanced enough to even differentiate Homo sapiens sapiens from Neanderthals and Denisovans as well as lesser related species such as gorilla, chimpanzee or gibbons to name a few. It would be effectively impossible for an ET to mate with a human as it would have to carry exact and compatible DNA to humans. Remember the difference between us and chimpanzees is that we have 23 pairs of chromosomes while they have 24. Our 23rd being a fusion of two different chromosomes.
 

Also, and specifically in the case of Neanderthal/Modern human cross breeding  MUCH of the DNA we originally inherited from Neanderthals has since been deleted by us due to deleterious effects on our genome. Alien DNA as described for either the Paracas or Starchild skulls CANNOT be hidden as claimed either. It’s fiction. 
 

cormac

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

The idea that alien 'dna' and ours would be the same is a bit of stretch even a greater stretch would be that our chemistry would even be remotely the same or that we could 'mate'. Its difficult on earth for different species to mate and to have fertile hybrids.

That's why the aliens had to do so much "anal probing" back in the '70s. Getting test samples don't c'ha know. :whistle: :alien:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

That's why the aliens had to do so much "anal probing" back in the '70s. Getting test samples don't c'ha know. :whistle: :alien:

Nah. Those were the dumb aliens - they weren't sure which hole to use.

Not like the smart aliens in ancient times, who automatically understood the proper anatomy.

Harte

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.