Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Fires Supersonic Anti-Ship Cruise Missile in 'Signal to NATO'

Grim Reaper 6

Russia's Navy has test-fired a supersonic anti-ship cruise missile in the Black Sea in a show of force ahead of NATO military exercises in the region. The P-1000 Vulkan missile, an improved version of the Soviet-era P-500 Bazalt missile with greater range, was fired via the Moskva warship's Bazalt main missile system, the Defense Ministry said. It landed around 19 miles away, Naval Post reported. "Beyond signaling capabilities, Russia is showing intent to defend and protect its assets in the Black Sea,"

"The more tactical reason is to signal to NATO that Russia is watching closely the DEFENDER Europe 2021 exercises that will take place in the region soon," he added, referring to the U.S.-Army led military exercises involving 27 nations and tens of thousands of troops. "The whole region is becoming a hotbed for increased tension, and miscalculation, which will require some careful management," Boulègue added.

Russia Fires Supersonic Anti-Ship Cruise Missile in 'Signal to NATO' (msn.com)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

"The whole region is becoming a hotbed for increased tension, and miscalculation, which will require some careful management," Boulègue added.

Well... that's apt to be a problem.  As to the idea of Russia sinking U.S. vessels, being ABLE to do a thing and being willing to do it are separate issues and I'm pretty sure little Vlad knows how far to push.  The more dangerous issue could be local control miscalculating and killing a ship full of U.S. sailors.  Pretty sure even Democrats would scream for blood.  NOT so sure the "Biden" administration would care.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, and then said:

Well... that's apt to be a problem.  As to the idea of Russia sinking U.S. vessels, being ABLE to do a thing and being willing to do it are separate issues and I'm pretty sure little Vlad knows how far to push.  The more dangerous issue could be local control miscalculating and killing a ship full of U.S. sailors.  Pretty sure even Democrats would scream for blood.  NOT so sure the "Biden" administration would care.

You make some good points, but the US Navy is also equipped with the US Version of the Supersonic anti-ship Cruise missiles. The US actually has two different models, the Newst one is in the first video and it's called the SeaRam, the second version is called the LRASM Anti-ship Cruise Missile. The LRASM, was being used by the US Airforce for a number of years now. It was mainly used for air to ground missions, however, it was also designed to operate as a Ur to ship missile. Now it is also being used by the Navy as a ship to ship weapon. 

Both are designed to fly map of the Earth or in this case, map of the water. Both are supersonic and are currently installed on Navy Vessels. 

Take care

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for that, I was unaware that we'd developed supersonic ASMs.  I FERVENTLY hope we never have to use them against Russia or China.

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2021 at 6:59 PM, and then said:

Thanks for that, I was unaware that we'd developed supersonic ASMs.  I FERVENTLY hope we never have to use them against Russia or China.

Hey if Putin keeps pushing his luck, I think we should grind the Russians into the dirt. The guy is a bully, Coward, and a dictator he is leading Russia down a road they really dont want to travel. I think China is not really a major concern, there are only two ways to get into a direct conflict with them. The first is if the US were to attack North Korea, and the second is if China decides to attack Taiwan. But, like you said lets hope none of it happens.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2