Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Mishko

Kensington Runestone

Mishko

The Kensington Runestone is in a museum at the end of the street in Alexandria,Minnesota and I believe was verified as real by a Minnesota Forensic Geologist Scott Wolter.

• Like 1

Desertrat56

Welcome to the forum.  Have you been to the museum?  Do you have a link to their website?  Any comments you want to  make about the museum?

Still Waters

Welcome Mishko :)

The Kensington Runestone is a gravestone-sized slab of hard, gray sandstone called graywacke into which Scandinavian runes are cut. It stands on display in Alexandria, Minnesota, as a unique record of either Norse exploration of North America or Minnesota’s most brilliant and durable hoax.

https://www.mnopedia.org/thing/kensington-runestone#:~:text=The Kensington Runestone is a,most brilliant and durable hoax.

Eldorado

Welcome to UM, Mishko!  :st

• Like 2

Swede
5 hours ago, Mishko said:

The Kensington Runestone is in a museum at the end of the street in Alexandria,Minnesota and I believe was verified as real by a Minnesota Forensic Geologist Scott Wolter.

1) Amongst professionals, the Runestone has long been determined to be a hoax.

2) Wolter's should not be considered to be a credible source and has noted difficulty with the validity of his credentials:

https://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/scott-wolters-apparently-non-existent-degree

3) Recently, one of Wolter's former compatriots published a paper that not only dissected the flaws in Wolter's flawed Runestone analysis, but presented further valid geological data that indicates that the Runestone is a hoax (Edwards, 2020).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

jaylemurph

I know when I'm being tracked by unfriendly murderous bands in a foreign country, *I* always stop for a few months to carve rocks.

--Jaylemurph

• Haha 6