Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

From the Dream World

apep

Hello all, I'm rather new here. You can call me Apep, and refer to me with he/him/his pronouns. 

To cut to the chase, I've recently been doing a lot of communication within my dreams to those on the "other side", if you will. People from other realities, supernatural entities, etc., and this communication led me to meeting the child I was traded for when I was a newborn. For those who aren't up to speed - sometimes entities from the Dream World will take a child from the Waking World (where you are now) and leave a child from the Dream World in its place. I am one of those children (although I am now an adult). 

I am unable to return to the Dream World except at night, obviously, through my Mind, but this does not stop my Heart from being knowledgable about where it comes from. 

Ask me anything about the Worlds, myself, and the Universe, and I will do my best to answer.

• Like 1

You know who else was not from this realm?  Charlie Sheen

They won’t let me post the video….but it’s called Exclusive:Charlie Sheen says he’s not bipolar, he’s biwinning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Guyver said:

You know who else was not from this realm?  Charlie Sheen

They won’t let me post the video….but it’s called Exclusive:Charlie Sheen says he’s not bipolar, he’s biwinning.

I just watched the video. I can definitely see how he may be from the Dream Realm as well. People like us are more likely to take drugs or become addicted to substances which alter our mood and/or reality as it is the closest we can get to going home. I must admit I don't follow actors closely at all, so I do not know what became of him, but I hope wherever he is, his Heart has found its way home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, apep said:

Hello all, I'm rather new here. You can call me Apep, and refer to me with he/him/his pronouns. 

To cut to the chase, I've recently been doing a lot of communication within my dreams to those on the "other side", if you will. People from other realities, supernatural entities, etc., and this communication led me to meeting the child I was traded for when I was a newborn. For those who aren't up to speed - sometimes entities from the Dream World will take a child from the Waking World (where you are now) and leave a child from the Dream World in its place. I am one of those children (although I am now an adult). 

I am unable to return to the Dream World except at night, obviously, through my Mind, but this does not stop my Heart from being knowledgable about where it comes from. 

Ask me anything about the Worlds, myself, and the Universe, and I will do my best to answer.

Hello and welcome to the Forum, it is always nice to see new members posting! Here is what I think your referring to, I may be wrong, but it certainly sounds very familiar. So maybe its not a g dream it could be a past regression of your life, maybe your a Changeling!!!:lol: Actually, I must be honest I am very skeptical of supernatural events, but I mean no disrespect to your beliefs and that's why I included the information for you.

Take care my friend, and again welcome to the forum.:tu: 

It's called the Changeling Phenomenon:

In the recent publication Elf Queens and Holy Friars, Richard Green demonstrates that the changeling story was a cultural mainstay by at least the 12th century. In the early 13th century, William of Auvergne goes into some detail describing the ‘ignorant people’s’ belief in faerie changelings: “They say they are skinny and always wailing, and such milk-drinkers that four nurses do not supply a sufficient quantity of milk to feed one. These appeared to have remained with their nurses for many years, and afterwards to have flown away, or rather vanished.” He was not alone, amongst medieval chroniclers, to discuss the phenomenon with the implicit suggestion that the belief was a given reality amongst the rural population. But William, and the literate class of which he was a part, would usually use the changeling stories as demonstrations of the uneducated people’s foolish beliefs, and their need to swap their faerie-tales for the orthodox Christian position, which stated that such malevolent acts were the work of the Devil alone.

But Richard Green delves a bit deeper into the medieval record to find a widespread vernacular tradition of faerie changelings. He focuses on the surviving texts of medieval mystery plays, to show that the language of the changeling motif was fully integrated into the culture, down to the town and village level, where many mystery plays were performed. Many faerie themes found their way into the plays, including stories of changelings. In the Chester Cycle of mystery plays from the 15th century, the character of King Herod is even invoked to call Christ: “That elfe and vile changeling.” The mystery plays were always places where subversive ideas could be expressed in theatrical form against the Church and state. They give us an opportunity to understand how the vernacular population viewed folktale motifs, performed to them as representations of commonly understood beliefs, such as the changeling stories. The inclusion of faerie changelings as a natural part of many of the plays, might suggest that there was a genuine and general belief in them, in direct contradistinction to Church doctrine

The Faerie Changeling Phenomenon – deadbutdreaming (wordpress.com)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hello and welcome to the Forum, it is always nice to see new members posting! Here is what I think your referring to, I may be wrong, but it certainly sounds very familiar. So maybe its not a g dream it could be a past regression of your life, maybe your a Changeling!!!:lol: Actually, I must be honest I am very skeptical of supernatural events, but I mean no disrespect to your beliefs and that's why I included the information for you.

Take care my friend, and again welcome to the forum.:tu: 

It's called the Changeling Phenomenon:

In the recent publication Elf Queens and Holy Friars, Richard Green demonstrates that the changeling story was a cultural mainstay by at least the 12th century. In the early 13th century, William of Auvergne goes into some detail describing the ‘ignorant people’s’ belief in faerie changelings: “They say they are skinny and always wailing, and such milk-drinkers that four nurses do not supply a sufficient quantity of milk to feed one. These appeared to have remained with their nurses for many years, and afterwards to have flown away, or rather vanished.” He was not alone, amongst medieval chroniclers, to discuss the phenomenon with the implicit suggestion that the belief was a given reality amongst the rural population. But William, and the literate class of which he was a part, would usually use the changeling stories as demonstrations of the uneducated people’s foolish beliefs, and their need to swap their faerie-tales for the orthodox Christian position, which stated that such malevolent acts were the work of the Devil alone.

But Richard Green delves a bit deeper into the medieval record to find a widespread vernacular tradition of faerie changelings. He focuses on the surviving texts of medieval mystery plays, to show that the language of the changeling motif was fully integrated into the culture, down to the town and village level, where many mystery plays were performed. Many faerie themes found their way into the plays, including stories of changelings. In the Chester Cycle of mystery plays from the 15th century, the character of King Herod is even invoked to call Christ: “That elfe and vile changeling.” The mystery plays were always places where subversive ideas could be expressed in theatrical form against the Church and state. They give us an opportunity to understand how the vernacular population viewed folktale motifs, performed to them as representations of commonly understood beliefs, such as the changeling stories. The inclusion of faerie changelings as a natural part of many of the plays, might suggest that there was a genuine and general belief in them, in direct contradistinction to Church doctrine

The Faerie Changeling Phenomenon – deadbutdreaming (wordpress.com)

I have read about changelings and the fae quite a bit ! Very interesting phenomena. They are most certainly manifestations of individuals from the Dream World, as well as mythological explanations for the Dream World and the travel of its inhabitants. 

Thank you for your warm welcome. I have seen you around the forums quite a bit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, apep said:

am unable to return to the Dream World except at night, obviously,

it's not obvious- many are night workers who sleep & dream during the day

• Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, apep said:

I have read about changelings and the fae quite a bit ! Very interesting phenomena. They are most certainly manifestations of individuals from the Dream World, as well as mythological explanations for the Dream World and the travel of its inhabitants. 

Thank you for your warm welcome. I have seen you around the forums quite a bit.

You are very welcome, and I hope you find the answers your looking for. You see I am a Buddhist, so understand how important it is to find a follow a path. That is why I will not interfere with someone's beliefs unless they ask me too give my opinion, and that's all I tried to do here.

Good Luck in your journey :tu:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, apep said:

"apep", where did that come from ?

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

it's not obvious- many are night workers who sleep & dream during the day

Thats right, i work in night clubs, the emphasis on "night".

3 hours ago, apep said:

For those who aren't up to speed -

If you mean that i dont grasp you believe somehow your dreams are anything more than your minds make believe and delusions, sure slick, im up to speed.

There was a short lived TV show jason isaacs of harry potter was in it,

Imdb,

After a car accident takes the life of a family member, a police detective lives two alternating parallel lives, one with his wife and one with his son. Is one of his "realities" merely a dream?

10 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

"apep", where did that come from ?

Apep is the name of a snake god from Egyptian mythos. I do not claim his identity, I simply enjoy all things related to snakes as you might be able to tell by my PFP and profile header. 

• Thanks 1

What are the characteristics (natural laws, history, geography, culture, anything like that) of the Dream World, or the part of it you're from? And how did you find out you came from there?

• Like 1

Dead but dreaming ? I got that from a man I met on the net.  he believed in Summerland. He said he had a NDE`s  where he went to the other side and saw his wife that was still alive was there to. So I`m guessing when were sleeping, we all can go to the other side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Summerland

• Like 2

I couldn’t get past the list of pronouns. 

On 5/3/2021 at 10:52 PM, theotherguy said:

What are the characteristics (natural laws, history, geography, culture, anything like that) of the Dream World, or the part of it you're from? And how did you find out you came from there?

The Dream World is unique from the Waking World, where often the laws of physics do not apply the same way. I'm no STEM major so I cannot describe exactly how they apply, but they're different from the Waking World (walking on walls is possible, jumps can go much higher, light can come from nowhere, etc.,). Additionally, with regards to history and culture, I am glad you asked ! The Dream World is ever changing, however consistently is populated by small groups of Dream World residents. These Dream World residents can either be unique individuals or be mirror images of someone in the Waking World (these mirror images are who you see when a friend or family member appears in a dream). The groups themselves can be called many things - clans, tribes, etc., although what is most consistent is that none of them truly fit the modern definition of a "country". They tend to be nomadic, travelling around wherever they wish. Although sometimes certain groups of Dream people find a spot they like and stay there (this is how Celtic fae became a thing). Individuals who have been living in the Dream World their whole lives sometimes can find cracks in the worlds and reach through, causing what we know as paranormal phenomena. From what I've observed they live in a post-scarcity situation, either that or they do not have the same needs as Waking people. Unfortunately because I am in the Waking World I am bound to a Waking World form, thus I share in those needs (food, sleep, water) that Waking people have. 

I have known I was from there from a very young age (I simply lacked the ability to communicate it), but only recently after having highly vivid dreams where I spoke with the child I was traded with I discovered everything I am telling you. The best way to describe the connection I feel to the Dream World is as if a string was tied around my Heart, and was ever tugging it as I revealed my home. 

I hope this was a satisfactory answer ^^

• Like 1

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I couldn’t get past the list of pronouns. 

Apologies if three three-letter words was too much for you, although if that was the case I believe the following paragraphs would have greatly overwhelmed you. I wish you luck in your reading endeavours ^^

7 hours ago, apep said:

Apologies if three three-letter words was too much for you,

Thank you for understanding. Apology accepted.

7 hours ago, apep said:

although if that was the case I believe the following paragraphs would have greatly overwhelmed you. I wish you luck in your reading endeavours ^^

It wasn’t that the words were overwhelmingly complicated. It was more that pronouns are not really a matter of, mmm, never mind. Good luck to you as well. 

On 5/5/2021 at 6:30 PM, apep said:

The Dream World is unique from the Waking World, where often the laws of physics do not apply the same way. I'm no STEM major so I cannot describe exactly how they apply, but they're different from the Waking World (walking on walls is possible, jumps can go much higher, light can come from nowhere, etc.,). Additionally, with regards to history and culture, I am glad you asked ! The Dream World is ever changing, however consistently is populated by small groups of Dream World residents. These Dream World residents can either be unique individuals or be mirror images of someone in the Waking World (these mirror images are who you see when a friend or family member appears in a dream). The groups themselves can be called many things - clans, tribes, etc., although what is most consistent is that none of them truly fit the modern definition of a "country". They tend to be nomadic, travelling around wherever they wish. Although sometimes certain groups of Dream people find a spot they like and stay there (this is how Celtic fae became a thing). Individuals who have been living in the Dream World their whole lives sometimes can find cracks in the worlds and reach through, causing what we know as paranormal phenomena. From what I've observed they live in a post-scarcity situation, either that or they do not have the same needs as Waking people. Unfortunately because I am in the Waking World I am bound to a Waking World form, thus I share in those needs (food, sleep, water) that Waking people have. 

I have known I was from there from a very young age (I simply lacked the ability to communicate it), but only recently after having highly vivid dreams where I spoke with the child I was traded with I discovered everything I am telling you. The best way to describe the connection I feel to the Dream World is as if a string was tied around my Heart, and was ever tugging it as I revealed my home. 

I hope this was a satisfactory answer ^^

It's certainly an interesting answer.

So is every dream that I have looking into your Dream World? And if not, how much of it is crossing borders and how much is random sleeping brain garbage? How frequently does someone go from one side to the other? Do people from this world go over to the Dream World more, is it the other way, or is it more or less balanced?

Just now, theotherguy said:

It's certainly an interesting answer.

So is every dream that I have looking into your Dream World? And if not, how much of it is crossing borders and how much is random sleeping brain garbage? How frequently does someone go from one side to the other? Do people from this world go over to the Dream World more, is it the other way, or is it more or less balanced?

Every dream is visiting the Dream World. The Mind acts as a bridge between the Waking and Dream World. I would say it is decently balanced. Just as those in the Waking World visit the Dream World every night, I would say those from the Dream World visit just as consistently. The Worlds are in balance, as they should be, and those from the Dream World should not be feared just as we do not fear those from the Waking World (unless they become hostile to us).

Aside from actually being awake or asleep, is there a way to tell where somebody's from? Can I tell if somebody's from the Dream World just by looking at or listening to them, assuming I'm demonstrably awake? How many people cross over and stay in the other world?

Ok so I read the op. 

Honestly I want to be respectful here. I myself have had some amazing dream experiences. At one time regularly astral projected, and worked hard towards being a skilled lucid dreamer. 

Do you genuinely believe you were born in a dream world, and were swapped as an infant with another infant of this world? Do you have any doubt that might not be a real thing? What do your parents say about this?  Honestly asking, thanks ahead of time for your response. 

10 hours ago, theotherguy said:

Aside from actually being awake or asleep, is there a way to tell where somebody's from? Can I tell if somebody's from the Dream World just by looking at or listening to them, assuming I'm demonstrably awake? How many people cross over and stay in the other world?

It can be difficult to tell where someone is from if you do not intimately know them. Often it is not a case of "if they look [x] way they're from the [y] World", the difference is much more based in the individual's personality, behaviour, etc. For example, I'm from the Dream World, and I have no connection to the Waking World aside from my Body. This has manifested as me constantly having the urge to "go home" even when I was living in my childhood house, as well as seeing visions of fantastical places I would later learn was the Dream World. This feeling of "otherness" is common in Dream people in the Waking World, and the same goes for Waking people in the Dream World. 

58 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Do you genuinely believe you were born in a dream world, and were swapped as an infant with another infant of this world? Do you have any doubt that might not be a real thing? What do your parents say about this?  Honestly asking, thanks ahead of time for your response. 

I'm certain of everything I have explained in this thread. I haven't told my parents, although I live with them. They would not understand, and I'm slightly partial to the possibility they were aware the switch happened under the misguided belief that a child from the Dream World would have the intellectual or physical upper hand over a child from the Waking World. It's a complex issue.

On 5/2/2021 at 6:30 PM, apep said:

Welcome to the forum.

• Thanks 1

Not sure if this is delusional or just a product of a healthy imagination and some wacky dreams. Maybe talk to a psychologist about this before putting any stock in it, but sometimes the only fix is getting older/wiser.

Assuming the OP is a teen, these kinds of "I'm an alien/dragon/elf/dreamchild/etc" thoughts are pretty common. I had them myself, as I grew older I realized what nonsense they actually were  - just a product of imagination and a feeling of not "fitting in".

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2021 at 9:48 AM, moonman said:

Not sure if this is delusional or just a product of a healthy imagination and some wacky dreams. Maybe talk to a psychologist about this before putting any stock in it, but sometimes the only fix is getting older/wiser.

Assuming the OP is a teen, these kinds of "I'm an alien/dragon/elf/dreamchild/etc" thoughts are pretty common. I had them myself, as I grew older I realized what nonsense they actually were  - just a product of imagination and a feeling of not "fitting in".

Hi Moonman

When I was young I always saw myself as an adventurer and lived a great part of my life that way one way or another. :rolleyes::innocent::whistle:

jmccr8