Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chilluminati

theotherguy

About eight months ago, I learned about the podcast Chilluminati, which covers true crime, internet weirdness, and the paranormal in general. It started three years ago, I binged it until I caught up, and now they're about to hit their 100th episode. Does anyone else know this podcast? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

I just had a quick look at it. It seems somewhat chaotic and just pushing their merchandise and getting their subscriber numbers up. Seems to be for teens/early 20s.

edit to say: wait a minute . . . . . . . . . .  . is that why you came back? To push the Chilluminati podcast? :o

Edited by ouija ouija

13 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I just had a quick look at it. It seems somewhat chaotic and just pushing their merchandise and getting their subscriber numbers up. Seems to be for teens/early 20s.

edit to say: wait a minute . . . . . . . . . .  . is that why you came back? To push the Chilluminati podcast? :o

Nope, just a passing thought, out of curiosity. I promise I'll be my usual constructive, non-shill-y member of this society.

It is very chaotic and freeform, but that's one of the things I enjoyed about it. And you're probably right about the target audience, and they definitely spend a good chunk of time each episode selling their stuff. I usually just gloss over that bit and try to find the real meat.

Can you recommend good paranormal podcasts out there? I haven't gone out of my way to look for any, and I kind of came across this one by accident.

• Like 1

@theotherguy: sorry, I don't have any podcasts to recommend. Podcasts are not on my radar! :P

16 hours ago, theotherguy said:

Can you recommend good paranormal podcasts out there? I haven't gone out of my way to look for any, and I kind of came across this one by accident.

I used to listen to MysteriousUniverse, but the podcasters got a little out of hand, insulting too many people so I quit.  I had enjoyed it for a couple of years and was even paying a subscription.   I think they went down hill when they started associating with Micah Hanks "the  mouth from the south" (too noisy with very little substance).  I like to listen to Unknown Country interviews and that website has some other podcasts you might find interesting.

• Like 1