Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird device lets you take your fish for a walk

UM-Bot

It wouldn't work for my pet fish he dos'nt like to be seen .........he's a little koi

• Haha 6

37 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

It wouldn't work for my pet fish he dos'nt like to be seen .........he's a little koi

*facepalm*

...but I still giggled

• Like 2

Alright, few things wrong with this. You love your fish, we get it. They're almost like a dog, kinda...except they're a fish

So, why do dogs like to drag their owners out for a walk? Because dogs are mammals, walk on land and have a lot more energy than you, probably 

Then you have a fish, which is kinda like a dog, except it's a fish. Are we keeping up? Good. As a fish, fish are fish. Odds are, said fish couldn't give two ****s about visiting the local park, taking a **** in someone else's yard or hunching the leg of that hot girl you were chatting up... 

Or maybe they would, but in different context

I'm really not sure where I'm going with this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The machinery, the water and the fish. It must weigh a ton.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Joking aside, I can see where this might be useful in marine research. 

Im guessing that area has things to carry specimens in likely where this idea came from.

Gorilla is correct, if they wanted to make this the equivalent of "walking a dog" then the human needs to don their scuba gear and take a fish where it might want to go, not to a hot park in a tube of water that if the butter finger owner drops it then its adios fishy. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Alright, few things wrong with this. ... I'm really not sure where I'm going with this

I think you're making very good points.  You're trying to see life from a fish's point of view, which is more than some of the pisciophobes we get round here.  But how many fish have you interviewed, to really get an insight into their perspective?  And remember this device is being sold to wealthy, upper-class Japanese fish, so there's little point talking to your common, working-class European fishes.  Not to mention the language barrier.  All in all, I can't see this idea of yours growing wings and taking off; (not least because I proved in another post many months ago that Japan doesn't even exist).

On the other hand... birds do exist, and they're much better at expressing their feelings.  Perhaps you could talk to some, then adapt this device so instead of water it's full of something they want?  Soil, or custard, or whatever they ask for.  Then when you take your avian pets out, as your wingman when chatting up birds... I mean chicks... no, ladies in the park, you'll know they're happy.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/4/2021 at 12:10 PM, jethrofloyd said:

A portable aquarium.

That's what Christians would have to carry around instead of a tiny cross had the Romans drowned Jesus instead of nailing him to a cross.

Weird; More the inventor than the invention.