Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Farmer accidentally makes Belgium bigger.

Silver

A farmer in Belgium has accidentally moved a boundary marker between his country and France, thereby expanding Belgian territory by a few metres.

The man placed the stone, which has marked the border for more than 200 years, 2.29 metres into France after it got in the way of his tractor.

The slight boundary change was noticed several weeks ago by an amateur historian during a walk in the forest.

The farmer “also repositioned his fence on trees that belong to the wood of Bousignies”, according to Aurelie Welonek, the mayor of the French town Bousignies-sur-Roc. 

Farmer moves border marker and accidentally makes Belgium bigger, France smaller (msn.com)

Edited by ted hughes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

A smaller France doesn't bother me, but I wish they would stop moving Finland. :angry:

1 hour ago, acute said:

A smaller France doesn't bother me, but I wish they would stop moving Finland. :angry:

I agree with the france part,but need more info about finland,

Also news on the grapevine,baggies and yam yam land to merge,and consolidate central brum.

On 5/4/2021 at 9:51 PM, diddyman68 said:

Also news on the grapevine,baggies and yam yam land to merge,and consolidate central brum.

They won't get far. Our border guards on the watchtowers will pick the yampy buggaz off one by one.

Edited by acute
  • Haha 1

On 5/4/2021 at 9:51 PM, diddyman68 said:

need more info about finland,

Every time I look at a map, Finland has moved. (Even before I open the cider!)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Related:

How could a Belgian farmer accidentally move the border with France? It’s surprisingly easy, as history shows

https://theconversation.com/how-could-a-belgian-farmer-accidentally-move-the-border-with-france-its-surprisingly-easy-as-history-shows-161140