Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ark of the Covenant

docyabut2

16 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Is that the monstrosity that Ken Hamm inflicted upon the world? If so, I apologise for him as an Australian.

Yeah, I asked someone why he didn't build it in Australia and they told me it was because no one would allow it.   Smart.  But Kentucky, what else is there to say.  I have relatives in Kentucky and they are very sweet people, and they know they can't talk about their religion to the rest of us.  My uncle is college educated but I have neve had the  never to ask him what he thinks about that "Ark Experience".

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 5

This report is dated but this war is still going on, and the church in Axum where the Ark allegedly is, seems to be of interest to invaders.
----------------------------------------------

750 People Massacred at Ethiopian Church, Alleged Hiding Place of the Ark of the Covenant

Numerous media outlets are reporting the massacre of 750 people at the Maryam Tsiyon Church in Aksum, Ethiopia. 

The church, which claims they have the Ark of the Covenant in their possession, was reportedly attacked by Ethiopian government troops and Amhara militia, according to several eyewitnesses. The Belgium-based NGO Europe External Programme with Africa revealed the attack against the Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion.

750 People Massacred at Ethiopian Church, Alleged Hiding Place of the Ark of the Covenant | CBN News

---------------------------------------

It would appear that the Ark and other religious valuables are at risk, as this war in Tigray rages on as of today

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

This report is dated but this war is still going on, and the church in Axum where the Ark allegedly is, seems to be of interest to invaders.
----------------------------------------------

750 People Massacred at Ethiopian Church, Alleged Hiding Place of the Ark of the Covenant

Numerous media outlets are reporting the massacre of 750 people at the Maryam Tsiyon Church in Aksum, Ethiopia. 

The church, which claims they have the Ark of the Covenant in their possession, was reportedly attacked by Ethiopian government troops and Amhara militia, according to several eyewitnesses. The Belgium-based NGO Europe External Programme with Africa revealed the attack against the Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion.

750 People Massacred at Ethiopian Church, Alleged Hiding Place of the Ark of the Covenant | CBN News

---------------------------------------

It would appear that the Ark and other religious valuables are at risk, as this war in Tigray rages on as of today

But wait...if they actually had the ark of the covenant...then why didn't they use the Ark to destroy their enemies?   Hmmmmmmmmm?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Egyptian version of the Ark Of the Covenant carried on Golden Poles, with Winged Creatures , can seen on the walls of the Temple at Medinet Habu. They are not only on its walls but on its pillars. Eight of which can also be seen just around the corner from these photos. It is as though this Temple is dedicated to these images.Egyptian version of the Ark Of the Covenant carried on Golden Poles, with Winged Creatures Above, can seen on the walls of the Temple 

Moses would have never built a Egyptian version of the Ark Of the Covenant. He made a drum.

Egyptian_ark.jpg

Edited by docyabut2

6 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Egyptian version of the Ark Of the Covenant carried on Golden Poles, with Winged Creatures , can seen on the walls of the Temple at Medinet Habu. They are not only on its walls but on its pillars. Eight of which can also be seen just around the corner from these photos. It is as though this Temple is dedicated to these images.Egyptian version of the Ark Of the Covenant carried on Golden Poles, with Winged Creatures Above, can seen on the walls of the Temple 

Moses would have never built a Egyptian version of the Ark Of the Covenant. He made a drum.

Egyptian_ark.jpg

No, he didn’t. You purposely ignore how the Bible describes the Ark of the Covenant. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

No, he didn’t. You purposely ignore how the Bible describes the Ark of the Covenant. 

cormac

King James Bible
And I Moses made an ark of shittim wood, and hewed two tables of stone like unto the first, and went up into the mount, having the two tables in mine hand.

And I Moses made an ark of shittim wood

So how could Moses had made a ark of shittim wood,? but by a tree trunk made into a drum.  

Edited by docyabut2

24 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

King James Bible
And I Moses made an ark of shittim wood, and hewed two tables of stone like unto the first, and went up into the mount, having the two tables in mine hand.

Moses allegedly put the two tablets with the Ten Commandments INSIDE the Ark. That’s NOT a drum. 

cormac

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Moses allegedly put the two tablets with the Ten Commandments INSIDE the Ark. That’s NOT a drum. 

cormac

There could have been the ten commandants tablets put in a drum that Moses made:)   

Just now, docyabut2 said:

There could have been the ten commandants tablets put in a drum that Moses made:)   

Archaeologists know the general designs of arks from ancient times, they were NOT drums. 

cormac

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Archaeologists know the general designs of arks from ancient times, they were NOT drums. 

cormac

really cormac , do you believe that Moses went on that mountain to create that Egyptian arks? 

3 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

really cormac , do you believe that Moses went on that mountain to create that Egyptian arks? 

Canaanites had arks too and guess what, early Israelites were Canaanite. :rolleyes:

cormac

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Canaanites had arks too and guess what, early Israelites were Canaanite. :rolleyes:

cormac

the Canaanites were not only from the Egyptians, but the Habirus

Habiru" and the Hebrews

http://www.imninalu.net/Habiru.htm

Edited by docyabut2

18 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Well ... you see.... the thing about Moses.... the thing most people forget about him.... was that he was Egyptian.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

the Canaanites were not only from the Egyptians, but the Habirus

Habiru" and the Hebrews

http://www.imninalu.net/Habiru.htm

1) The Canaanites WEREN’T from the Egyptians.

2) Quit getting your information from sites equivalent to “imadumbass.com”. The Habiru ARE NOT the same as the Hebrews. Real scholars and archaeologists know this to be true. 

cormac

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

sorry all but still I  think Moses  was a Hebrew and made a drum :)

Edited by docyabut2

2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

sorry all but still I  think Moses made a drum :)

Believe what you want but that’s not what the Bible says, but is much more along the lines of other contemporary arks.

cormac

• Like 2

1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

http://www.spiritandtruthministries.org/Spirit and Truth Ministries/Nations Bible Prophecy/The Canaanites.html

The Canaanites were descendants of Noah's son Ham through Ham's son Canaan born after the worldwide flood

That’s a fictional genealogy. Which makes it useless. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I know going all of  this I believe that Tudor Parfitt,  found that ark :)

Edited by docyabut2

6 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

I know going all of  this I believe that Tudor Parfitt,  found that ark :)

Tudor Parfitt? Was Plantagenet Wellington-Smythe taken?

• Haha 2

On 5/9/2021 at 12:22 AM, joc said:

But wait...if they actually had the ark of the covenant...then why didn't they use the Ark to destroy their enemies?   Hmmmmmmmmm?

you have a good point, joc man. Me no know. 

They may have removed it, too, for safe keeping, as the fighting started to become unwieldly.

• The title was changed to The Ark of the Covenant