Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ark of the Covenant

docyabut2

4 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

you have a good point, joc man. Me no know. 

They may have removed it, too, for safe keeping, as the fighting started to become unwieldly.

But then again...the Ark was pretty formidable...against soldiers with spears...it might not be all that persuasive a weapon compared to the games of war we play these days.  Who knows.  Plus...if it actually worked, maybe it only worked in the hands of the Israelites.  

Which makes me think...  if the Ark was actually in someone's possession ...wouldn't Mossad be all over it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Another good point, @joc !

I think Israel would have invaded Ethiopia long ago if Israeli historians thought there was a chance the Ark was there.

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2021 at 3:41 AM, ouija ouija said:

Ark of the covenant.

That's the old name. Before they dropped it.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

According to the Book of Exodus, Moses instructed Bezalel and Aholiab to construct the Ark.

The Book of Exodus

Moses instructed Bezalel and Aholiab to construct the Ark. I believe The Book of Exodus was just a made up writing ,and Moses made the ark, a drum  

In the Deuteronomy 10:3

Moses said he made the ark
And I made an ark of shittim wood, and hewed two tables of stone like unto the first, and went up into the mount, having the two tables in mine hand

Edited by docyabut2

Ha all this time I thought it was don't covendent your neighbor's wife and here I learned it was a boat, a fancy box or a drum. I love this place.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Ha all this time I thought it was don't covendent your neighbor's wife and here I learned it was a boat, a fancy box or a drum. I love this place.:lol:

jmccr8

sorry jmccr8, I get by spelling all mixed up after I had a stroke :)

can you find that man that went into  Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church and a priest just showed him a book

Edited by docyabut2

15 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

sorry jmccr8, I get by spelling all mixed up after I had a stroke :)

can you find that man that went into  Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church and a priest just showed him a book

Hi Docyabut

No need to apologize I was just having some fun I know you have had a tough time and we are friends after all these years even when you are redundant. It's not like your throwing cast iron frying pans or knives.;):tu:

jmccr8

• Haha 1

well in any how I believe Moses made that ark out of a drum  :) and Bezalel and Aholiab to construct that Ark didn't  really made it :)

Edited by docyabut2

33 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

well in any how I believe Moses made that ark out of a drum  :) and Bezalel and Aholiab to construct that Ark didn't  really made it :)

And how many arks with the 10 Commandments INSIDE them and Angels ON TOP have you ever seen used as a drum? 

cormac

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

And how many arks with the 10 Commandments INSIDE them and Angels ON TOP have you ever seen used as a drum? 

cormac

moses would have never put on and Angels ON TOP ;

21 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

Moses would never have put  angels on the top of the ark.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_make_unto_thee_any_graven_image

15 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

moses would have never put on and Angels ON TOP ;

Moses would never have put  angels on the top of the ark.  

Try again. Exodus 25:

17And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof. 18And thou shalt make two cherubims ofgold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Try again. Exodus 25:

cormac

Moses would never have put the two cherubims or angels on the ark .to me is Exodus is  just a writing made up

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" (Hebrew: לֹא-תַעֲשֶׂה לְךָ פֶסֶל, וְכָל-תְּמוּנָה‎) is an abbreviated form of one of the Ten Commandments which, according to the Book of Deuteronomy

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under earth: 5

Edited by docyabut2

32 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Moses would never have put the two cherubims or angels on the ark .to me is Exodus is  just a writing made up

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" (Hebrew: לֹא-תַעֲשֶׂה לְךָ פֶסֶל, וְכָל-תְּמוּנָה‎) is an abbreviated form of one of the Ten Commandments which, according to the Book of Deuteronomy

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under earth: 5

To me you’re making stuff up that the Bible DOESN’T say. 

cormac

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 5:15 PM, joc said:

But then again...the Ark was pretty formidable...against soldiers with spears...it might not be all that persuasive a weapon compared to the games of war we play these days.  Who knows.  Plus...if it actually worked, maybe it only worked in the hands of the Israelites.  

Which makes me think...  if the Ark was actually in someone's possession ...wouldn't Mossad be all over it?

It’s cute how funny you think you are.... but there might be a separation of the actual artifact and say..... supernatural properties.... I dunno... maybe it’s just me.

but continue to yuck it up, I’m sure you have several fans at the same intelligence level.

This is suppose to be a fact based discourse. I guess I don’t get this “humor”.

Cheers...

let’s hear more about melting faces. I’m sure you are helping.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

Exodus is made up writing, but Deut which directly REFERS to Exodus is perfectly fine?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Exodus is made up writing, but Deut which directly REFERS to Exodus is perfectly fine?

The term “the rules are made up and the points don’t matter” comes to mind…

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 5

The Torhanic or Mosaic Books date from about 600BCE whereas the Deuterocanonical books date from 300BCE. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nobu said:

It’s cute how funny you think you are.... but there might be a separation of the actual artifact and say..... supernatural properties.... I dunno... maybe it’s just me.

but continue to yuck it up, I’m sure you have several fans at the same intelligence level.

This is suppose to be a fact based discourse. I guess I don’t get this “humor”.

Cheers...

let’s hear more about melting faces. I’m sure you are helping.

If you really want 'facts' my friend....you must look beyond those who are paid millions of dollars a year to tell you what to think

On 5/11/2021 at 9:52 PM, joc said:

If you really want 'facts' my friend....you must look beyond those who are paid millions of dollars a year to tell you what to think

Huh?

Expound. Please.

5 minutes ago, Nobu said:

Huh?

Expound. Please.

Never mind.  I am cute aren't I?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, joc said:

Never mind.  I am cute aren't I?

Hopefully to someone in this world.

Not my problem.

Look forward to more of your posts.

2 minutes ago, Nobu said:

Hopefully to someone in this world.

Not my problem.

Look forward to more of your posts.

Sometimes I just crack myself up.  But seriously...what is the ark of the covenant?  It was a weapon God gave the Israelites.  Their enemies were terrified of it.  So if it actually exists...and someone has it....Israel might want it very, very much!  Can you imagine...Israel going against Hamas with the Ark of the Covenant?  Now that's a movie I would like to see.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/11/2021 at 6:27 PM, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

Well, it was probably one of those electrified digital-type drums. It WAS a capacitor, you know.

The angels served as the cymbal.

Harte

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• The title was changed to The Ark of the Covenant