Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ark of the Covenant

docyabut2

7 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Jesus was a real person he was")

Sure he was, ALL of them: 

Joshua/Jesus bin Nun: traditionally trained under Moses

Jesus the brother of High Priest John About 450 BC:

"When Eliashib the High Priest was dead, his son Judas succeeded in the high priesthood; and when he was dead, his son John took that dignity ...Now Jesus was the brother of John, and was           a friend of Bagoses, who had promised to procure him the High Priesthood. In confidence of whose support, Jesus quarreled with John in the Temple, and so provoked his brother, that in his                 anger his brother slew him.

Now it was a horrible thing for John, when he was High Priest, to perpetrate so great a crime, and so much the more horrible, that there never was so cruel and impious a thing done, neither by             the Greeks nor Barbarians.

However, God did not neglect its punishment, but the people were on that very account enslaved, and the Temple was polluted by the Persians. ... Accordingly, Bagoses made use of this                      pretense, and punished the Jews seven years for the murder of Jesus."

– Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews - 11.7.

Jesus ben Sirach: About 180 BC:

This Jesus was reputedly the author of the Book of Sirach (aka 'Ecclesiasticus, or the Wisdom of Jesus the Son of Sirach'), part of Old Testament Apocrypha. Ben Sirach, writing in Greek about 180 BC, brought together Jewish 'wisdom' and Homeric-style heroes.

Jesus ben Pandira: A wonder-worker during the reign of Alexander Jannaeus (106-79 BC)

A wonder-worker during the reign of Alexander Jannaeus (106-79 BC), one of the most ruthless of the Maccabean kings. Imprudently, this Jesus launched into a career of end-time prophecy and agitation which upset the king. He met his own premature end-time by being hung on a tree – and on the eve of a Passover. Scholars have speculated this Jesus founded the Essene sect.

Jesus ben Phiabi: Jewish High priest (ca. 30 – 23 BCE)

Jesus Barabbas: About 30 AD

Jesus Christ/Yeshua ben Yosef/Yeshua Ha Mashiac: About 30 AD

Jesus ben Ananias: About 62 AD

Beginning in 62AD, this Jesus had caused disquiet in Jerusalem with a non-stop doom-laden mantra of ‘Woe to the city’. He prophesied rather vaguely:

"A voice from the east, a voice from the west, a voice from the four winds, a voice against Jerusalem and the holy house, a voice against the bridegrooms and the brides, and a voice against the            whole people." – Josephus, Wars 6.3.

Arrested and flogged by the Romans, Jesus ben Ananias was released as nothing more dangerous than a mad man. He died during the siege of Jerusalem from a rock hurled by a Roman catapult.

Jesus ben Saphat: About 68 AD

In the insurrection of 68AD that wrought havoc in Galilee, this Jesus had led the rebels in Tiberias ("the leader of a seditious tumult of mariners and poor people" – Josephus, Life 12.66). When the city was about to fall to Vespasian’s legionaries he fled north to Tarichea on the Sea of Galilee.

Jesus ben Gamaliel: Likely the same as Jesus ben Gamala

Jesus ben Gamala: About 68/69 AD

During 68/69 AD this Jesus was a leader of the ‘peace party’ in the civil war wrecking Judaea. From the walls of Jerusalem he had remonstrated with the besieging Idumeans (led by ‘James and John, sons of Susa’). It did him no good. When the Idumeans breached the walls he was put to death and his body thrown to the dogs and carrion birds.

Jesus ben Thebuth: About 69 AD

A priest who, in the final capitulation of the upper city in 69AD, saved his own skin by surrendering the treasures of the Temple, which included two holy candlesticks, goblets of pure gold, sacred curtains and robes of the high priests. The booty figured prominently in the Triumph held for Vespasian and his son Titus.

Jesus ben Sec: Before 70 AD

Jesus ben Damneus: High priest – About 69/70 AD, deposed within a year

Jesus ben Stada: After 100 AD

was a Judean agitator who gave the Romans a headache in the early years of the second century. He met his end in the town of Lydda (twenty five miles from Jerusalem) at the hands of a Roman crucifixion crew.

cormac

• Thanks 6

I still believe the ark  I know going all of  this I believe that Tudor Parfitt,  found that ark :)

18 hours ago, Harte said:

How sexist.

Not ALL women write largely, you know.

Harte

Writ large not all women write large. 

16 hours ago, Dejarma said:

hmmm? how long will it take do you think?

the belief in god/s is declining so, eer, 100 years?;)

on this planet I think we will annihilate ourselves before that happens.   And making religion illegal just keeps it underground and causes it to be integrated into the rebel culture.  (Russia is a good example).  So, it ain't gonna happen as long as people can get rich using it and governments or large entities can use it to control large numbers of zombies.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Dejarma said:

hmmm? how long will it take do you think?

the belief in god/s is declining so, eer, 100 years?;)

Watch your tongue, you heathen or I will send a plague upon you all!

Oops, sorry.

Goallaweh.

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2021 at 7:12 PM, cormac mac airt said:

Sure he was, ALL of them: 

Joshua/Jesus bin Nun: traditionally trained under Moses

Jesus the brother of High Priest John About 450 BC:

"When Eliashib the High Priest was dead, his son Judas succeeded in the high priesthood; and when he was dead, his son John took that dignity ...Now Jesus was the brother of John, and was           a friend of Bagoses, who had promised to procure him the High Priesthood. In confidence of whose support, Jesus quarreled with John in the Temple, and so provoked his brother, that in his                 anger his brother slew him.

Now it was a horrible thing for John, when he was High Priest, to perpetrate so great a crime, and so much the more horrible, that there never was so cruel and impious a thing done, neither by             the Greeks nor Barbarians.

However, God did not neglect its punishment, but the people were on that very account enslaved, and the Temple was polluted by the Persians. ... Accordingly, Bagoses made use of this                      pretense, and punished the Jews seven years for the murder of Jesus."

– Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews - 11.7.

Jesus ben Sirach: About 180 BC:

This Jesus was reputedly the author of the Book of Sirach (aka 'Ecclesiasticus, or the Wisdom of Jesus the Son of Sirach'), part of Old Testament Apocrypha. Ben Sirach, writing in Greek about 180 BC, brought together Jewish 'wisdom' and Homeric-style heroes.

Jesus ben Pandira: A wonder-worker during the reign of Alexander Jannaeus (106-79 BC)

A wonder-worker during the reign of Alexander Jannaeus (106-79 BC), one of the most ruthless of the Maccabean kings. Imprudently, this Jesus launched into a career of end-time prophecy and agitation which upset the king. He met his own premature end-time by being hung on a tree – and on the eve of a Passover. Scholars have speculated this Jesus founded the Essene sect.

Jesus ben Phiabi: Jewish High priest (ca. 30 – 23 BCE)

Jesus Barabbas: About 30 AD

Jesus Christ/Yeshua ben Yosef/Yeshua Ha Mashiac: About 30 AD

Jesus ben Ananias: About 62 AD

Beginning in 62AD, this Jesus had caused disquiet in Jerusalem with a non-stop doom-laden mantra of ‘Woe to the city’. He prophesied rather vaguely:

"A voice from the east, a voice from the west, a voice from the four winds, a voice against Jerusalem and the holy house, a voice against the bridegrooms and the brides, and a voice against the            whole people." – Josephus, Wars 6.3.

Arrested and flogged by the Romans, Jesus ben Ananias was released as nothing more dangerous than a mad man. He died during the siege of Jerusalem from a rock hurled by a Roman catapult.

Jesus ben Saphat: About 68 AD

In the insurrection of 68AD that wrought havoc in Galilee, this Jesus had led the rebels in Tiberias ("the leader of a seditious tumult of mariners and poor people" – Josephus, Life 12.66). When the city was about to fall to Vespasian’s legionaries he fled north to Tarichea on the Sea of Galilee.

Jesus ben Gamaliel: Likely the same as Jesus ben Gamala

Jesus ben Gamala: About 68/69 AD

During 68/69 AD this Jesus was a leader of the ‘peace party’ in the civil war wrecking Judaea. From the walls of Jerusalem he had remonstrated with the besieging Idumeans (led by ‘James and John, sons of Susa’). It did him no good. When the Idumeans breached the walls he was put to death and his body thrown to the dogs and carrion birds.

Jesus ben Thebuth: About 69 AD

A priest who, in the final capitulation of the upper city in 69AD, saved his own skin by surrendering the treasures of the Temple, which included two holy candlesticks, goblets of pure gold, sacred curtains and robes of the high priests. The booty figured prominently in the Triumph held for Vespasian and his son Titus.

Jesus ben Sec: Before 70 AD

Jesus ben Damneus: High priest – About 69/70 AD, deposed within a year

Jesus ben Stada: After 100 AD

was a Judean agitator who gave the Romans a headache in the early years of the second century. He met his end in the town of Lydda (twenty five miles from Jerusalem) at the hands of a Roman crucifixion crew.

cormac

Jesus, there's a lot of them....

• Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Jesus, there's a lot of them....

yeah jesus, gods, religion.. the day all this BS is eradicated from this planet will be the day of our enlightenment IMHO

• Like 2

On 5/15/2021 at 1:12 AM, cormac mac airt said:

Ten Hail Marys and five Our Fathers, and lo! his sins were forgiven.1

So there were lots of people called Jesus, probably several in Nazareth alone at the time of, erm..., Jesus.  Rather than trying to unpick the stories or ask for boring evidence why can't we just accept that one of them was magic and liked turning water into wine, and bread and fishes into more bread and fishes?

Similarly, can we show there was a magic Moses?  Perhaps not, but do we have any evidence there wasn't one?  Unless we can prove the mythical Moses didn't exist, we're free to hypothesise there might have been one.  At some point our speculation will become so detailed that we might start to believe our own twaddle and who knows - perhaps even start our own religion?

• Maybe Moses was a relatively common name back when Moses was born?
  • So there were probably several Moseses born every year.  So Docy is right!  (#114)  There was a Moses born in 1301 BC.
  • I mean 1372 BC.
  • The Egyptians had discovered music by then, I'm fairly sure.  So some Moseses probably became musicians.
  • And even the ones who couldn't play for toffee could bang on a drum and call it a beat.  And there probably weren't too many music shops so it's entirely probable that Moses had to make his own drum.
  • I don't understand the discussion about shittim wood2.  Moses may or may not have made his drums out of shittim wood or something else, and he may or may not have put stones inside it for some reason or other.  None of which proves he didn't do that sort of stuff.

So in summary: we have shown it was highly likely that Moses was born in 1372 BC and played the drums.  It doesn't take much to imagine him leaving Egypt and taking his drums and other possessions with him.  Would he leave a magic ark behind?  Of course not!  So he took his ark and his drums and led his people out of Egypt and into the promised land which was obviously Ethiopia.  Exactly as it probably says in the (lost) Book of Moses.3

1  Well, the ones he confessed to...  But we all know about him and ##### # ######### when ##### ## ####### ####### and the ####### ###### after the goat ##### ##### ##### ########## #### ### ###### Britney Spears ######## ##### ##### five years for ####### ### ####### ## ##### ### ###### anal bleaching ####### #### #### ####### ### ## almost got away with it.

2  because I don't know what it is, and typing it into Google would involve effort.

3  I've checked with several respected authorities (Docy and Cl*dking) and they have rated this logic at ninety-banana % correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/11/2021 at 6:42 AM, Harte said:

That's the old name. Before they dropped it.

Harte

I have to assume that there's simply not enough traffic in this section to get me 10 "likes" on this post.

There's no other explanation.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/15/2021 at 9:14 PM, Dejarma said:

yeah jesus, gods, religion.. the day all this BS is eradicated from this planet will be the day of our enlightenment IMHO

I hope you realize that your "O" ain't all that "H."

Harte

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Maybe Moses was a relatively common name back when Moses was born?

So there were probably several Moseses born every year.  So Docy is right!  (#114)  There was a Moses born in 1301 BC.

Truisms are true forever, no matter the culture.

"There's a Moses born every minute."

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harte said:

I hope you realize that your "O" ain't all that "H."

Harte

i don't mean what i said then? i don't get it

1 minute ago, Harte said:

I have to assume that there's simply not enough traffic in this section to get me 10 "likes" on this post.

There's no other explanation.

Harte

I appreciated your joke.  Concise and clever, two adjectives that have never applied to me.  B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

I don't know if you mean what you say.

But I'm beginning to think you don't know what "IMHO" stands for.

Harte

Edited by Harte
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tom1200 said:

I appreciated your joke.  Concise and clever, two adjectives that have never applied to me.  B)

Kill 'em quickly.

The short slay.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Harte said:

I don't know if you mean what you say.

But I'm beginning to think you don't know what "IMHO" stands for.

Harte

H is for honest is what i'm saying-- can be Humble, but not in this case

• Haha 2

Good save.

Harte

Just now, Harte said:

Good save.

Harte

baby Harte trying to be clever with uncle Dej--who's a silly boy then. You've got no chance mate. ;)

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

1 minute ago, Harte said:

I don't know if you mean what you say.  But I'm beginning to think you don't know what "IMHO" stands for.

Inside My Hairy Orifice?  I'm Most Happy Outdoors?  I Manage Harte's Orgies?  Or some grotesque combination of all three?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/14/2021 at 7:48 PM, cormac mac airt said:

Jesus, the man, very likely existed. Jesus, the Christ, not so much. And even the man very likely was given attributes from other same-named individuals. 

cormac

I concur. Jesus is also one of the three great prophets in the Muslim faith. So there is a lot of people, Christians included, that believe Jesus was real.
But was he God in the form of the son? Doubtful. Very doubtful. Obviously the Jews he lived with and was closest to did not believe that he was.
Obviously, too, the Muslims did not believe Jesus was the son of God, even though they adored him. Again, that is a lot of people. Strong evidence.

EDIT to add: If God sent Jesus the son down to teach the people (the Jews?) God surely failed to convince people. Does God ever fail? Food for thought

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
ADDING
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

So there were lots of people called Jesus, probably several in Nazareth alone at the time of, erm..., Jesus.  Rather than trying to unpick the stories or ask for boring evidence why can't we just accept that one of them was magic and liked turning water into wine, and bread and fishes into more bread and fishes?

Similarly, can we show there was a magic Moses?  Perhaps not, but do we have any evidence there wasn't one?  Unless we can prove the mythical Moses didn't exist, we're free to hypothesise there might have been one.  At some point our speculation will become so detailed that we might start to believe our own twaddle and who knows - perhaps even start our own religion?

• Maybe Moses was a relatively common name back when Moses was born?
  • So there were probably several Moseses born every year.  So Docy is right!  (#114)  There was a Moses born in 1301 BC.
  • I mean 1372 BC.
  • The Egyptians had discovered music by then, I'm fairly sure.  So some Moseses probably became musicians.
  • And even the ones who couldn't play for toffee could bang on a drum and call it a beat.  And there probably weren't too many music shops so it's entirely probable that Moses had to make his own drum.
  • I don't understand the discussion about shittim wood2.  Moses may or may not have made his drums out of shittim wood or something else, and he may or may not have put stones inside it for some reason or other.  None of which proves he didn't do that sort of stuff.

So in summary: we have shown it was highly likely that Moses was born in 1372 BC and played the drums.  It doesn't take much to imagine him leaving Egypt and taking his drums and other possessions with him.  Would he leave a magic ark behind?  Of course not!  So he took his ark and his drums and led his people out of Egypt and into the promised land which was obviously Ethiopia.  Exactly as it probably says in the (lost) Book of Moses.3

1  Well, the ones he confessed to...  But we all know about him and ##### # ######### when ##### ## ####### ####### and the ####### ###### after the goat ##### ##### ##### ########## #### ### ###### Britney Spears ######## ##### ##### five years for ####### ### ####### ## ##### ### ###### anal bleaching ####### #### #### ####### ### ## almost got away with it.

2  because I don't know what it is, and typing it into Google would involve effort.

3  I've checked with several respected authorities (Docy and Cl*dking) and they have rated this logic at ninety-banana % correct.

I still believe that ark  I know going all of  this I believe that Tudor Parfitt,  found that ark of a drum  :)

Edited by docyabut2

43 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I concur. Jesus is also one of the three great prophets in the Muslim faith. So there is a lot of people, Christians included, that believe Jesus was real.
But was he God in the form of the son? Doubtful. Very doubtful. Obviously the Jews he lived with and was closest to did not believe that he was.
Obviously, too, the Muslims did not believe Jesus was the son of God, even though they adored him. Again, that is a lot of people. Strong evidence.

EDIT to add: If God sent Jesus the son down to teach the people (the Jews?) God surely failed to convince people. Does God ever fail? Food for thought

https://news.softpedia.com/news/Christ-the-Magician-Reads-Ancient-Cup-94996.shtml

it was cup of  from the Jesus`s last supper .

Edited by docyabut2
  • Thanks 1

https://therefinersfire.org/ishmael_and_isaac.htm

it started in the war between the Israelites and the Palestines  in the books of Abraham the Islamic beliefs  that  Abraham gave that land to Ishmael instead of Isaac. in his sacrifice

The sacrifice of Isaac put Abraham to his most agonizing test, a trial which he passed completely because of his total faith in God. God told Abraham, "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love,

https://www.learnreligions.com/abraham-and-isaac-bible-story-summary-700079#:~:text=The sacrifice of Isaac put Abraham to his,I will tell you about." (Genesis 22%3A2%2C NIV)

Edited by docyabut2

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

baby Harte trying to be clever with uncle Dej--who's a silly boy then. You've got no chance mate. ;)

You dare?

Harte

• Thanks 3

• The title was changed to The Ark of the Covenant