Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ark of the Covenant

docyabut2

just like Nostradamus prophecy

Two royal brothers will wage war so fiercely

That between them the war will be so mortal

That both will occupy the strong places:

Their great quarrel will fill realm and life.

New law to occupy the new land

Towards Syria, Judea and Palestine:

The great barbarian empire to decay,

Before the Moon completes it cycle.

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4RVEA_enUS635US644&q=New+law+to+occupy+the+new+land+Towards+Syria%2c+Judea+and+Palestine%3a+The+great+barbarian+empire+to+decay%2c+Before+the+Moon+completes+it+cycle.#spf=1621296944878

Edited by docyabut2

10 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

there is a lot of people, Christians included, that believe Jesus was real.

But that in itself isn't proof of his historicity.

The name is mentioned somewhere in Tacitus: but  that, apparently, was a later interpolation ....

There are those who have suggested (admittedly, not very convincingly) that the figure was entirely fictitious.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Nostrildumbass’ “prophesy” could just as easily be about Princes William and Harry. Or the two party state of America as emblified by the presidential candidates.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Nobu said:

There will always be a “religion” as one leaves 10 more spring up.

human nature

tumblr_inline_n4aw98eQTy1rgqugy.gif

Harte

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

"Covendent?  Do you mean "Covenant"?

The Ark of the Covenant was definitely in  last seen in  Temple of Solomon in AD70, when the Romans sacked Jerusalem.

Current belief is that the Ark of the Covenant is now in Axum, Ethiopia.

3 hours ago, ClarityJones said:

"Covendent?  Do you mean "Covenant"?

No, covendent. I covered this on page 4.

Harte

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Harte said:

No, covendent. I covered this on page 4.

Harte

Ah, do you mean Sir Havelock Eleanor Covendent? The gentleman who led the British Cavalry against the Portuguese at the Second Battle of Louco? (overlooking that the Portuguese and British crowns weren't at war at that time)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ClarityJones said:

Ark of the Covenant was definitely in  last seen in  Temple of Solomon in AD70

No, I think it was a few centuries earlier.  The Ark was lost during Nebuchadnezzar's attack on Jerusalem in 587 BC.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Windowpane said:

No, I think it was a few centuries earlier.  The Ark was lost during Nebuchadnezzar's attack on Jerusalem in 587 BC.

Yeah, it must have malfunctioned...The warranty on those things was like a half an eon or something.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Windowpane said:

No doubt this is where it received the eponymous dent.

Harte

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Harte said:

No doubt this is where it received the eponymous dent.

Harte

A little known story about the Ark of the Covenant - it was actually made by Noah who initially misunderstood God's instruction for building an 'Ark'. He first thought he was meant to make it out of wood for a gopher instead of out of gopher wood. So, the first Ark was sized for a single gopher........a sad mistake

Edited by Hanslune
  • Haha 3

No(ah) sheet?

And it's the Ark of the Covendent.

Get with the times.

Harte

• Haha 3

Just now, Harte said:

No(ah) sheet?

And it's the Ark of the Covendent.

Get with the times.

Harte

Hey, I asked Rupert about that, he checked with the usual suspects and demi-gods and learned it wasn't 'dent' but 'bent'. The people back then spoke English with a Neanderthal accent.

• Haha 1

In 538 BC, Cyrus the Great decreed that the Jews be allowed to return to their homeland and rebuild the Temple.  All the looted implements were returned ... with the exception of the Ark.

And the Biblical sources don't contain any reference to this whatsoever.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Hunh. It’s almost like the Bible /isn’t/ a history book…

—Jaylemurph 

Yeah, its like Uncle Remus, Hans Christian Anderson, merged with Homer and an alt. Nietzsche, with the rambling of someone very high

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 4

On 7/22/2021 at 3:59 PM, Hanslune said:

Hey, I asked Rupert about that, he checked with the usual suspects and demi-gods and learned it wasn't 'dent' but 'bent'. The people back then spoke English with a Neanderthal accent.

Just an error in transliteration.

Harte

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Harte said:

Just an error in transliteration.

Harte

Ah, of course, you should ask the notable auto-designe expert and peer of Egyptology and ancient language Sam Petry to weigh in on this question...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Yeah, its like Uncle Remus, Hans Christian Anderson, merged with Homer and an alt. Nietzsche, with the rambling of someone very high

I think “religious propaganda” is a bit more accurate. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

Social posterity propaganda as well. The Bible is not just selling a religion, this is the pretense, but just as much the desired historicity of the people selling it. One has no "legitimacy" without the other.     

On 7/24/2021 at 11:03 AM, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

Well yes if you want to get all correct and right about it!

On 5/6/2021 at 1:55 AM, Tom1200 said:

Maybe, maybe not.  What if Docy is on to something new?1  Perhaps related to a mysterious island, long perished beneath the waves, whose name was forgotten many centuries ago?4

Of course 'covendent' is Old Irish for 'death from heaven',2 adding further credence to the theory that the Irish are descended from the lost tribe of Dan4, and that the Ark is kept under lock and key at St. James's Gate, Dublin3.

Are you aware that there is a printing error in KJV Exodus 24 12?2  "And the Lord said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone..." is actually (in the original Na'vi) "... I will give three tables..."4  But later Moses only smashes two, with ten laws on them.  What happened to the third stone with its five rules?4

Well, according to one theory3, that stone commanded Moses to build the pyramids4 as gigantic radio microwave amplifiers4 to receive more messages from God4 and pump water to irrigate the Nile4.  It was so controversial that it had to be hidden and now the Pope has it in a secret archive in the Vatican next to the sixty other Fatima predictions2.  It was found in Jerusalem by Templar Knights of the ancient order of Browndan3, and carried back to Rosslyn Chapel in Scotland.  (Scotland at the time was further south2, and almost civilised1.)  Then, as Scotland turned Scottish, they tried to smash it to protect it from the heathens, but couldn't so they sent it to Rome instead3.

I never said it was a good theory.

(Disclaimer: Some of the details above may not be 100% accurate.  I can't check the facts because, for some dastardly reason, Wikipedia appears to have wiped the relevant pages.)

1 Unlikely.      2 Not actually true.      3 Completely made up for this post.      4 Total nonsense.

Just like with covfefe...

they'll just say that's how we spell it now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/6/2021 at 3:55 AM, Tom1200 said:

Are you aware that there is a printing error in KJV Exodus 24 12?2  "And the Lord said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone..." is actually (in the original Na'vi) "... I will give three tables..."4  But later Moses only smashes two, with ten laws on them.  What happened to the third stone with its five rules?

The first part is true. I saw the documentary:

Harte

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Windowpane said:

What were the other five rules ... ?

They are all related to Fight Club with rule #1, of course, being to never talk about it. Probably why no one has ever heard of this other tablet. 

• Like 4

• The title was changed to The Ark of the Covenant