Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
docyabut2

The Ark of the Covenant

485 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

joc
4 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

you have a good point, joc man. Me no know. 

They may have removed it, too, for safe keeping, as the fighting started to become unwieldly.

But then again...the Ark was pretty formidable...against soldiers with spears...it might not be all that persuasive a weapon compared to the games of war we play these days.  Who knows.  Plus...if it actually worked, maybe it only worked in the hands of the Israelites.  

Which makes me think...  if the Ark was actually in someone's possession ...wouldn't Mossad be all over it?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps

Another good point, @joc !

I think Israel would have invaded Ethiopia long ago if Israeli historians thought there was a chance the Ark was there.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
On 5/5/2021 at 3:41 AM, ouija ouija said:

Ark of the covenant.

That's the old name. Before they dropped it.

Harte

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
Posted (edited)

According to the Book of Exodus, Moses instructed Bezalel and Aholiab to construct the Ark.

The Book of Exodus

Moses instructed Bezalel and Aholiab to construct the Ark. I believe The Book of Exodus was just a made up writing ,and Moses made the ark, a drum  

  In the Deuteronomy 10:3

Moses said he made the ark
And I made an ark of shittim wood, and hewed two tables of stone like unto the first, and went up into the mount, having the two tables in mine hand

 

 

 

 

Edited by docyabut2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2

The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church claims to possess the Ark of the Covenant, ?

I remember a Archaeologist went in and a priest just showed him a book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8

Ha all this time I thought it was don't covendent your neighbor's wife and here I learned it was a boat, a fancy box or a drum. I love this place.:lol:

jmccr8

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Ha all this time I thought it was don't covendent your neighbor's wife and here I learned it was a boat, a fancy box or a drum. I love this place.:lol:

jmccr8

sorry jmccr8, I get by spelling all mixed up after I had a stroke :)

 can you find that man that went into  Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church and a priest just showed him a book

Edited by docyabut2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
15 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

sorry jmccr8, I get by spelling all mixed up after I had a stroke :)

 can you find that man that went into  Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church and a priest just showed him a book

Hi Docyabut

 No need to apologize I was just having some fun I know you have had a tough time and we are friends after all these years even when you are redundant. It's not like your throwing cast iron frying pans or knives.;):tu:

jmccr8

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
Posted (edited)

well in any how I believe Moses made that ark out of a drum  :) and Bezalel and Aholiab to construct that Ark didn't  really made it :)

Edited by docyabut2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
33 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

well in any how I believe Moses made that ark out of a drum  :) and Bezalel and Aholiab to construct that Ark didn't  really made it :)

And how many arks with the 10 Commandments INSIDE them and Angels ON TOP have you ever seen used as a drum? 
 

cormac

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
17 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

And how many arks with the 10 Commandments INSIDE them and Angels ON TOP have you ever seen used as a drum? 
 

cormac

moses would have never put on and Angels ON TOP ;

 

21 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

And how many arks with the 10 Commandments INSIDE them and Angels ON TOP have you ever seen used as a drum? 
 

cormac

Moses would never have put  angels on the top of the ark.  

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_make_unto_thee_any_graven_image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
15 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

moses would have never put on and Angels ON TOP ;

 

Moses would never have put  angels on the top of the ark.  

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_make_unto_thee_any_graven_image

Try again. Exodus 25:

Quote

17And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof. 18And thou shalt make two cherubims ofgold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.

cormac

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Try again. Exodus 25:

cormac

Moses would never have put the two cherubims or angels on the ark .to me is Exodus is  just a writing made up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_make_unto_thee_any_graven_image

 

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" (Hebrew: לֹא-תַעֲשֶׂה לְךָ פֶסֶל, וְכָל-תְּמוּנָה‎) is an abbreviated form of one of the Ten Commandments which, according to the Book of Deuteronomy

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under earth: 5

 

 

Edited by docyabut2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2

sorry but I believe in the  Book of Deuteronomy more then the Exodus writings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
32 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Moses would never have put the two cherubims or angels on the ark .to me is Exodus is  just a writing made up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_make_unto_thee_any_graven_image

 

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" (Hebrew: לֹא-תַעֲשֶׂה לְךָ פֶסֶל, וְכָל-תְּמוּנָה‎) is an abbreviated form of one of the Ten Commandments which, according to the Book of Deuteronomy

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under earth: 5

To me you’re making stuff up that the Bible DOESN’T say. 
 

cormac

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nobu
On 5/10/2021 at 5:15 PM, joc said:

But then again...the Ark was pretty formidable...against soldiers with spears...it might not be all that persuasive a weapon compared to the games of war we play these days.  Who knows.  Plus...if it actually worked, maybe it only worked in the hands of the Israelites.  

Which makes me think...  if the Ark was actually in someone's possession ...wouldn't Mossad be all over it?

It’s cute how funny you think you are.... but there might be a separation of the actual artifact and say..... supernatural properties.... I dunno... maybe it’s just me.

 

but continue to yuck it up, I’m sure you have several fans at the same intelligence level.

 

This is suppose to be a fact based discourse. I guess I don’t get this “humor”.

Cheers...

 

let’s hear more about melting faces. I’m sure you are helping.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

Moses would never have put the two cherubims or angels on the ark .to me is Exodus is  just a writing made up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_make_unto_thee_any_graven_image

 

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" (Hebrew: לֹא-תַעֲשֶׂה לְךָ פֶסֶל, וְכָל-תְּמוּנָה‎) is an abbreviated form of one of the Ten Commandments which, according to the Book of Deuteronomy

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under earth: 5

 

 

Exodus is made up writing, but Deut which directly REFERS to Exodus is perfectly fine?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
13 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Exodus is made up writing, but Deut which directly REFERS to Exodus is perfectly fine?

The term “the rules are made up and the points don’t matter” comes to mind…

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats

The Torhanic or Mosaic Books date from about 600BCE whereas the Deuterocanonical books date from 300BCE. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
1 hour ago, Nobu said:

It’s cute how funny you think you are.... but there might be a separation of the actual artifact and say..... supernatural properties.... I dunno... maybe it’s just me.

 

but continue to yuck it up, I’m sure you have several fans at the same intelligence level.

 

This is suppose to be a fact based discourse. I guess I don’t get this “humor”.

Cheers...

 

let’s hear more about melting faces. I’m sure you are helping.

If you really want 'facts' my friend....you must look beyond those who are paid millions of dollars a year to tell you what to think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nobu
On 5/11/2021 at 9:52 PM, joc said:

If you really want 'facts' my friend....you must look beyond those who are paid millions of dollars a year to tell you what to think

Huh?

Expound. Please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
5 minutes ago, Nobu said:

Huh?

Expound. Please.

Never mind.  I am cute aren't I?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nobu
3 minutes ago, joc said:

Never mind.  I am cute aren't I?

Hopefully to someone in this world.

Not my problem.

Look forward to more of your posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
2 minutes ago, Nobu said:

Hopefully to someone in this world.

Not my problem.

Look forward to more of your posts.

Sometimes I just crack myself up.  But seriously...what is the ark of the covenant?  It was a weapon God gave the Israelites.  Their enemies were terrified of it.  So if it actually exists...and someone has it....Israel might want it very, very much!  Can you imagine...Israel going against Hamas with the Ark of the Covenant?  Now that's a movie I would like to see.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
On 5/11/2021 at 6:27 PM, cormac mac airt said:

And how many arks with the 10 Commandments INSIDE them and Angels ON TOP have you ever seen used as a drum? 
 

cormac

Well, it was probably one of those electrified digital-type drums. It WAS a capacitor, you know.

The angels served as the cymbal.

Harte

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.