Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
docyabut2

The Ark of the Covenant

568 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hanslune
9 minutes ago, Windowpane said:

What were the other five rules ... ?

Keeping receipts

Not running with sissors

Always take a present when visiting

Be nice when slaying others who don't believe in our god

No farting indoors

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
9 minutes ago, Thanos5150 said:

They are all related to Fight Club with rule #1, of course, being to never talk about it. Probably why no one has ever heard of this other tablet. 

I wish rule number one really was "never talk about it".  I get tired of those religious people knocking on my door and leaving flyers and letters on my gate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanos5150
4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I wish rule number one really was "never talk about it".  I get tired of those religious people knocking on my door and leaving flyers and letters on my gate.

So tired of it it makes you want to join Fight Club....? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanos5150
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

Keeping receipts

Not running with sissors

Always take a present when visiting

Be nice when slaying others who don't believe in our god

No farting indoors

Does one out of five make me a bad person? 

Edited by Thanos5150
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew

It's in that strangely unguarded hangar on that military base with all that other junk they don't want us to know about isn't it?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
2 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

It's in that strangely unguarded hangar on that military base with all that other junk they don't want us to know about isn't it?

Top people.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Windowpane
1 hour ago, Thanos5150 said:

Does one out of five make me a bad person? 

Might depend which one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quiXilver

2052996982_yamarywheredobabiescomefrom.thumb.jpg.b413e15e16ef3215917e5df35befc083.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
5 hours ago, Thanos5150 said:

Does one out of five make me a bad person? 

We all do it dude, thar’s why the Lord God didn’t make “thou shan’t Crop Dust” a commandment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
9 hours ago, Harte said:

The first part is true. I saw the documentary:

Harte

Off topic - that clip is part of the RE curriculum here, there’s an approved PowerPoint about the Ten Commandments which uses it.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom1200
On 5/18/2021 at 1:12 AM, docyabut2 said:

New law to occupy the new land

Towards Syria, Judea and Palestine:

The great barbarian empire to decay,

Before the Moon completes it cycle.

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul

Ash nazg thrakatulûk , agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
14 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul

Ash nazg thrakatulûk , agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

Do you want Balrogs? Because this is how you get Balrogs.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom1200
2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Do you want Balrogs? Because this is how you get Balrogs.

That's Aussie slang for haemorrhoids, right?

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
Posted (edited)

CovenDent?  Freudian slip?

 

My working hypothesis...

Some kind of off world “computer” previously housed in the great pyramid that controlled the “earth”  that was taken out of Egypt by bandits and is now being used to control humanity for nefarious purposes.  

:D

Edited by Festina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
31 minutes ago, Festina said:

CovenDent?  Freudian slip?

 

My working hypothesis...

Some kind of off world “computer” previously housed in the great pyramid that controlled the “earth”  that was taken out of Egypt by bandits and is now being used to control humanity for nefarious purposes.  

:D

Maybe something running Encarta 95?*
 

 

 

 

 

 

* which is the pet “theory” of an occasional poster here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I prefer Plantagenet Hume’s theory that the Ark is in Australia (specifically under the Black Mountain).

Was Noah's Ark ROUND? 3,700-year-old clay tablet reveals boat was a coracle made out of reeds and bitumen | Daily Mail Online

that was noah `s ark :)

Edited by docyabut2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

allfather.thumb.jpg.2c1004c3c02e80f5659a809db6657072.jpg

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
badeskov
1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I prefer Plantagenet Hume’s theory that the Ark is in Australia (specifically under the Black Mountain).

And you would be pretty naive in thinking that, my sincere apologies. I’m using it as nightstand right now. I had to sand it down a bit and give it a fresh round of laker. But otherwise good as new. That said, I am a bit disappointed in the inside use - it seems rather hostile when trying to open then thing.  

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
Posted (edited)

The Ark was likely melted down by the Babylonians, or someone else. That’s what happened to most, if not all of the gold in Jerusalem.

It could have been buried by someone, who died, but if the Ethiopians had it, why the secrecy?  Is anything truly sacred, a secret?

The entire Temple was replaced by Jesus Christ. He is the New Covenant. The Ark, is a relic with no present power or sacred purpose. End of story ….

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
4 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Off topic - that clip is part of the RE curriculum here, there’s an approved PowerPoint about the Ten Commandments which uses it.

I introduced a Geometry topic (measuring angles) with Steve Martin's "King Tut" from SNL once. Explained how the AE's did it.

Harte

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
4 minutes ago, Nobu said:

Hershel Shanks, editor of the Biblical Archaeological Review, adds, “Many scholars regard his claims with a very jaundiced eye.”….

 

…..:

 

You know how bad it is when they pull out jaundice on a fella , right?

Do those many academics share only one eye between them?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanos5150
7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

We all do it dude, thar’s why the Lord God didn’t make “thou shan’t Crop Dust” a commandment.

But I do it on purpose. Is that bad? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.