Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

11 awesome off-grid homes to escape the rat race

Grim Reaper 6

Stunning self-sufficient homes

Building in suburbia is one thing, but creating a cozy, off-grid home in a remote location takes innovation and courage. From Arctic escapes to desert hideaways, we've gathered together the world's most secluded, self-sufficient properties. Venture off the beaten path and click or scroll through these wow-factor wilderness homes...

Check out the slide show in the link below:

11 awesome off-grid homes to escape the rat race (msn.com)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It wasnt so much off the path when we were house hunting there was an odd cool one over in Titusville, it was out away from people and was built like a big donut so when you go in the front door you can turn left or right and still get where you are going, another out by diznee was built like a castle.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, the13bats said:

It wasnt so much off the path when we were house hunting there was an odd cool one over in Titusville, it was out away from people and was built like a big donut so when you go in the front door you can turn left or right and still get where you are going, another out by diznee was built like a castle.

That pretty cool, what did you think of some of the places in the slide show?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That pretty cool, what did you think of some of the places in the slide show?

Seems places like that are so sterile clean to me, i clean basically daily and cant keep my ocd happy i liked a lot of your run down mansions better.

• Like 2

Great post.

Now try and build hydroponics system. 

Bad thing, mass snake oil sales kids selling junk toys and nobody posting their area location problems or warning never use black pvc tube etc. as algae etc. takes over. Not enough bad info out there yet for homemade DYI troubles.

Other fun ponics growing fun:
spider mites, aphids,
fungus gnats, algae, mildew flavors, on and on. Of course grapefruit extract and other deal of the century products don't work and they're pricey.

• Like 1

Most of them are pretty cool.   Almost isolated too much for me.   I don't have any urge to be several hours away from civilization at all times.   It would bother me too much though.  Gotta have lots of money to own one of those.   You would want to make sure a couple guns are part of your supplies.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, the13bats said:

Seems places like that are so sterile clean to me, i clean basically daily and cant keep my ocd happy i liked a lot of your run down mansions better.

Yea, I know what you mean, the places looked too clean. I wonder if they cleaned them up to take the photos.:lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Most of them are pretty cool.   Almost isolated too much for me.   I don't have any urge to be several hours away from civilization at all times.   It would bother me too much though.  Gotta have lots of money to own one of those.   You would want to make sure a couple guns are part of your supplies.   

I would like the quite and the solitude, but a 44 mag pistol and a few decent rifles would certainly be a must for me to.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yea, I know what you mean, the places looked too clean. I wonder if they cleaned them up to take the photos.:lol:

My gmother kept a clean house but had pets and a brat bat my step mother kept the cleanest house i ever saw, their carpets were an off white she would hoover them at least daily, dust, wipe down, you take a shower she cleans the bath, she would sweep the carport daily really obsessive but spotless.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

My gmother kept a clean house but had pets and a brat bat my step mother kept the cleanest house i ever saw, their carpets were an off white she would hoover them at least daily, dust, wipe down, you take a shower she cleans the bath, she would sweep the carport daily really obsessive but spotless.

I know what mean man, my mother was also that way. In fact it was almost like she had OCD, the house was just never clean enough for her. But, bless her heart she was a great mother, however at times it drove me a little crazy.:lol:

Hey partner, check your private email when you find time, I sent you a message. 

Take Care my friend.