Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are Australian officials hinting at war with China?

Grim Reaper 6

For a country with a much smaller military and no nuclear weapons, Australia is suddenly hinting an awful lot about a war with China. On April 25, the symbolic date of Anzac Day, when Australia honors its war dead, newly appointed Defense Minister Peter Dutton said a conflict with China over Taiwan shouldn't "be discounted," adding that Australians needed to be "realistic" about tensions around the region. A few days later, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced $580 million in military upgrades. One week on, several newspapers published a confidential briefing by Australia's Maj. Gen. Adam Findlay to special forces soldiers, in which he said conflict with China was a "high likelihood."

Why are Australian officials hinting at war with China? (msn.com)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

@Manwon Lender it’s just being realistic about the situation.

China would take over the world in a second if they had the ability. They have an incredible level of disrespect for other countries and their continued posturing in the South China Sea is worrying, to say the least.

It’s almost inevitable that some kind of serious conflict will break out in that region unless the situation is de-escalated. And a conflict in the South China Sea would inevitably involve support from international forces, including Australia.

The only way it will de-escalate for China is if everyone else gives in to their demands.

They have continually used the investigations into Australian War crimes (publicly reported on and condemned by Australians) as propaganda to push onto their citizens, while playing down their own widespread human rights abuses. 

The investment in the military in Australia is simply so that we have some ability to protect our interests.

There would never be a 1 v 1 China v Australia war.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Timothy said:

China would take over the world in a second if they had the ability. They have an incredible level of disrespect for other countries and their continued posturing in the South China Sea is worrying, to say the least.   ...  The only way it will de-escalate for China is if everyone else gives in to their demands.

Well said.  One thing I would add is the word Communist.  China is not a country of 1.4 billion souls - it's a single entity, a machine run by the CCP, for the CCP.  99% of Chinese citizens have never known anything other than brutal, communist dictatorship.  The only way to succeed is to be the best Communist in your village/town/industry; to do exactly what you're told when you're told and to make others do the same.  To never question or challenge or even think for yourself.  It's not China or the Chinese who would start the next World War - it's the omnipotent, omnipresent, oppressive Communist Party.

Communism is now, and always has been, a disastrously flawed philosophy; but like any system that preserves itself through violence and suppression of rights it's extremely difficult to change such a deeply embedded structure.  We should not be taken in by China's huge economic growth and its new billionaires - all that's happened is it's turned from a poor, irrelevant communist state into a wealthy, dangerous communist state. 

As you correctly said, if they had the means they would sweep across the world in an instant, promoting like-minded communist thugs into every aspect of government and control, and crushing or killing all opposition.  That's not because any one communist Chinese person particularly wants to do that - it's because that's what the paranoid CCP requires.  It sees everything it does not control as a threat.  That's why they are currently engaged in cyberwarfare against every nation on the planet, economic warfare through politically-led trade deals, intellectual warfare through espionage and theft of technologies, etc., political warfare through funding like-minded groups around the globe, and so on.

But make no mistake - the CCP is not stupid.  It will not start a 'kinetic' war it knows it cannot win.  The moment it believes it can win it will lash out - crushing Hong Kong once and for all, overrun Taiwan, move on Vietnam, the Philippines and Malaysia then each of its new neighbours in turn.  Whatever it believes is in its best interests.

The only thing keeping the dragon at bay is military might, which is why soldiers like General Findlay train around the clock to outwit the enemy, and why Sinophile politicians like Kevin Rudd, Jacinda Arden and Joe Biden regrettably play into the enemy's hands whenever they fail to confront the Machiavellian, malevolent monstrosity that is the CCP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

@Manwon Lender it’s just being realistic about the situation.

China would take over the world in a second if they had the ability. They have an incredible level of disrespect for other countries and their continued posturing in the South China Sea is worrying, to say the least.

It’s almost inevitable that some kind of serious conflict will break out in that region unless the situation is de-escalated. And a conflict in the South China Sea would inevitably involve support from international forces, including Australia.

The only way it will de-escalate for China is if everyone else gives in to their demands.

They have continually used the investigations into Australian War crimes (publicly reported on and condemned by Australians) as propaganda to push onto their citizens, while playing down their own widespread human rights abuses. 

The investment in the military in Australia is simply so that we have some ability to protect our interests.

There would never be a 1 v 1 China v Australia war.

Hey Tim, yes I understand this very well and I agree with you on this subject. The key to everything is Taiwan, when and I did not say if the Chinese move on Taiwan the entire situation will kick off and their is no telling when that will happen Tim, so I am personally glad to see Australia preparing.

Take Care

• Like 1

Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced $580 million in military upgrades.

Xo where does he get this amount of money from?  Has been doing some paper rounds in his spare time?

The idea of Australia being involved in a military conflict with China is ridiculous. The only thing Australia ever had going for it militarily is a close alliance with the US. Only for that it would have been part of the Empire of Japan nearly 80 yrs ago. I really doubt they're even going to rattle China's cage without US consent behind the scenes. It's part of the "Chine=evil" campaign.

A referendum would be a good way to settle the Taiwan sovereignty issue, but it wouldn't matter even if it if that heppened. China is almost certain to reclaim Taiwan, and they know no one will do anything about it, because they can't. Not only for economic reasons, but to take China on militarily in their own region you would lose and the US is well aware of that. I doubt the US or Australia really give two hoots about Taiwan either, up until recent times they were quite happy with the "one China" policy. Will be a good opportunity to sell them some weapons though.

Apart from this I really doubt China has much in the way of Imperialist ambitions. They don't need to stir up coups or civil wars to overthrow governments and control the worlds resources. They seem too clever for that and do it via other methods.

• Confused 2

It seems like Australia just being prepared for the worst.

And them, like many nations, are asking themselves if they should help Taiwan if they get invaded by China or not.

It's a hard spot for everyone because to be consistent with our morals we should protect them, but at the same time a war like that would have such a great cost.

Edit: plus nations have being considering the Quad alliance. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

This topic essentially exists already

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Horta said:

The idea of Australia being involved in a military conflict with China is ridiculous. The only thing Australia ever had going for it militarily is a close alliance with the US.

And there you have it.  Do you think Australia really needs to worry about taking on China in a war?  The answer is if the US decides to go then yes, not only will Australia go to war they won't really have much choice once it gets hot.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

This topic essentially exists already

Thanks for the heads up, didn't mean to repeat a topic. 

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.

• Like 2

"

And to me also, who appreciate life, the butterflies, and soap-bubbles, and whatever is like them amongst us, seem most to enjoy happiness."
Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

~

War as an idea no longer exists, it is absolute destruction by way of chaos... 

~

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dreamer screamer said:

You play with it.  I asked where it comes from?

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Or just ignorant?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_budget

The two basic elements of any budget are the revenues and expenses. In the case of the government, revenues are derived primarily from taxes. Government expenses include spending on current goods and services, which economists call government consumption; government investment expenditures such as infrastructure investment or research expenditure; and transfer payments like unemployment or retirement benefits.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Or just ignorant?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_budget

The two basic elements of any budget are the revenues and expenses. In the case of the government, revenues are derived primarily from taxes. Government expenses include spending on current goods and services, which economists call government consumption; government investment expenditures such as infrastructure investment or research expenditure; and transfer payments like unemployment or retirement benefits.

Like I said, you play with it, I ask where it comes from!!??   Taxes are for WAR!!  If you believe taxes pay for everything then you need to stop going to maths school taught by Diane abbott.     What is an ESTATE???

@Dreamer screamer Taxes are also for building that new bridge which fixed traffic congestion, or providing essential healthcare services etc.

What is your understanding of an estate? I can’t answer your question without your definition.

Edited by Timothy
Tag a member.

8 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@Dreamer screamer Taxes are also for building that new bridge which fixed traffic congestion, or providing essential healthcare services etc.

What is your understanding of an estate? I can’t answer your question without your definition.

57. Considered as to the title which may be had in them, estates are legal and equitable. 1. A legal estate is one, the right to which can be enforced in a court of law. 2. An equitable, is a right or interest in land, which not having the properties of a legal estate, but being merely a right of which courts of equity will take notice, require the aid of such a court to, make it available. See, generally, Bouv. Inst. Index, h.t.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/estate

The ESTATE that we were told ended with feudalism.   Knights put their ESTATE into trust incase they died for their kings, but what happened when they didn't die?    They put everything they owned into trust to stop the king taxing them.    So they are beneficiaries of the trust but gave legal ESTATE to someone else to look after.  

So when we see real Estate agents selling houses, that is because that is what money got for the legal name estate.  

A bank only gets your power of attourney with a signature on any bank loan or mortgage so you can access your own ESTATE's money through the birth certificate which is what your parents gave you at your birth.

So Taxes are only ever for the war machine. This makes everyone responsible for war which then keeps them trapped in te karma recycling machine we are all in.    

We are the ones creating money for everything, but taxes don't pay for services people believe they pay for.  for instance the police are a private corporation, so they paid through different means.    Think how many police there are and the wages per years, you really think taxes pay for them and the services??:huh:

You can't play in the system without your legal name, try it.  

3 hours ago, Dreamer screamer said:

What is an ESTATE???

A big car?  An electronic State?  A small tractor?  A (not at all disreputable or sleazy) house salesperson?  The Spanish for the imperative "be"?  I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR OR WHAT IT'S GOT TO DO WITH AUSTRALIA INVADING CHINA. :no:

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

A big car?  An electronic State?  A small tractor?  A (not at all disreputable or sleazy) house salesperson?  The Spanish for the imperative "be"?  I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR OR WHAT IT'S GOT TO DO WITH AUSTRALIA INVADING CHINA. :no:

:huh:  Big deal...   a massive deal.   It is too big for me to explain to someone who hasn't got any idea of what is happening in the world and trusts.   That is my nightmare trying to explain something so huge to a pea brain.:passifier:     where do I start?  

Look up legal.  who makes those principles?

2 hours ago, Dreamer screamer said:

:huh:  Big deal...   a massive deal.   It is too big for me to explain to someone who hasn't got any idea of what is happening in the world and trusts.   That is my nightmare trying to explain something so huge to a pea brain.:passifier:     where do I start?  

Look up legal.  who makes those principles?

If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough.

Ok simple, 11:11   So now you know, it's that simple!!  

Oh, bloody hell!

I hope the Aussies don't come back here. :hmm: