Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tina caught a great torso orb

the13bats

Last week or so Tina was hunting something in a back storage room still mostly packed from moving the room is rather hot so she was snapping pix so she could study the pic in a cool room in hopes of leading to stuff she is hunting.

She was half laughing and said i got you something for your friends on the forum,

20210429_045941_copy_604x453.jpg.f56495b2e6151087adb1868674793728.jpg

20210429_045919_copy_604x453.jpg.06ae3dbc8ef3be33ce5f63b83ed6dae5.jpg

I had to edit size for the forum but didnt crop them, i didnt pull any photoshop tricks, the only light in the room was from her note 9 flash and light grom next room.

I took 8 or 10 pix with my note 5 and could not get it to do it. Im guessing since the orb is so bright its close to her phone, could it be a bug or debris?

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

I find this very funny, you are one of the biggest skeptics on the forum and you end having an experience that other forum members would kill to have. Honestly I have no idea what it could, but I love your description of it because in the second photo is doesnt look like it is taken the shape of a Torso, with one arm forming.

I dont know Bats, but anyhow it is really cool!!:tu:

• Like 1

Tina informed me the torso orb came first and the second pic is it going off the top of frame she said she didnt see it when she took the pic and said she looked at the pic then took another.

I know there was no light in the room nothing hanging, tina thought the mirror played a role but before she got me involved she couldnt do it again, to the right of the orb are 3 large windows and it was might but the neighbors have a lot of cars coming and going, headlights?0

As for me being a hugh cynical skeptic,  i do resemble that remark but im open minded, i cant prove anything about it past its a weird picture, of course i think its a camera anomaly but of a person wants to call it a spooky thats fine.

When i have a chance ill post attic and basement pics they have 999 happy haunts.

Good pics, thanks for sharing.

You mentioned neighbor's car lights as a source, but if light were coming in through that window, we'd see some of it lighting up the window sash and sill.  It really seems to be something reacting to the flash.  Though with the second pic showing the spot previously occupied by the light, it's clear there wasn't something hanging there to reflect.

Fun to ponder this stuff. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

Last week or so Tina was hunting something in a back storage room still mostly packed from moving the room is rather hot so she was snapping pix so she could study the pic in a cool room in hopes of leading to stuff she is hunting.

She was half laughing and said i got you something for your friends on the forum,

20210429_045941_copy_604x453.jpg.f56495b2e6151087adb1868674793728.jpg

20210429_045919_copy_604x453.jpg.06ae3dbc8ef3be33ce5f63b83ed6dae5.jpg

I had to edit size for the forum but didnt crop them, i didnt pull any photoshop tricks, the only light in the room was from her note 9 flash and light grom next room.

I took 8 or 10 pix with my note 5 and could not get it to do it. Im guessing since the orb is so bright its close to her phone, could it be a bug or debris?

Did Tina use a film camera or her camera on her phone?

• Like 1

Can you rule out a stray finger, caught in front of the camera, and illuminated by the camera flash/light. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm always suspicious of things that are not seen by the photographer at the time of taking the photograph . . . . . only seen afterwards when looking at the photo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It looks like bats garage padlock popping ghost. (LOL)

Can the spirit world be mocking bats because he is such a cynic?

I'm assuming this was a phone camera.

Papameter

45% Paranormal  40% Normal    15% Hoax

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I'm always suspicious of things that are not seen by the photographer at the time of taking the photograph . . . . . only seen afterwards when looking at the photo.

It happens.  I have a whole day of photos of my grandsons with orbs that none of us saw when I took the photos.   Because of the way they moved and the location we were in, it was not camera anomalies but I don't know what caused them.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jethrofloyd said:

I have nothing to say before Papameter show a percentage of probability. :whistle:

Wise starting point. FYI: Initial readings are in (see above). You now know what you should think.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's tricky to assess digital images anomalies without knowing the settings. 

From the two images, what is definitive is something reacting to the flash, and is occupying space as shown by the tilt/angle differentiation between the two images. 

No clue as to what it might be though. 

The colors being washed out shows that it is not metallic or reflective and it was quite near to the flash and just in front of the lens. 

Could be just a quirk in the sensors not keeping up with the image processor.

Would be nice to know how dark the room was in the first place. 

~

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It may be the flash reflecting from the mirror directly behind and right of the orb.  Maybe have her try it again with the same circumstances and if it shows up again move the mirror and then try again.  Otherwise it looks like a genuine anomaly.  who knows maybe you're haunted? 

• Like 3

I have a few questions What camera did she use? Did she use mobile camera?. Is there any windows in the room?.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Papameter

Papameter Update

I didn't catch that there was note 9 flash involved.

Papameter

20% Paranormal     65% Normal      15% Hoax

• Like 1

It's a classic half-manifestation. A couple of steps up from an orb, but not quite finished.

Propermeter:

90% Paranormal.  10% Other.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bats didn’t tell you the rest of the story. What made Tina start taking these pics to begin with. 

A voice screamed through the house “GET OUT”. Then the damn garage door started opening and shutting. They could hear it slamming from inside the house. B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Reading over replies its interesting that  information i gave that was missed or ignored.

5 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Can you rule out a stray finger, caught in front of the camera, and illuminated by the camera flash/light. ?

I would lean to that if it was only the one picture but the torso shot is just weird, no i do not think paranormal.

5 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Me too and neither tina on her note 9 at the time or myself after the fact could reproduce the anomalies.

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

It's tricky to assess digital images anomalies without knowing the settings. 

From the two images, what is definitive is something reacting to the flash, and is occupying space as shown by the tilt/angle differentiation between the two images. 

No clue as to what it might be though. 

The colors being washed out shows that it is not metallic or reflective and it was quite near to the flash and just in front of the lens. 

Could be just a quirk in the sensors not keeping up with the image processor.

Would be nice to know how dark the room was in the first place. 

~

The room had no light of its own, outside the windows are bushes then street lights, the room before its light can only get in through the door,

I too believed it close to her phone, later ill see if she has her phone set the same,

9 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

The big question is, are those your dolls? :P

The guy who uses an avatar and screen name of a toy man gravitated to dolls in an orb pic no shock there ;)

The creepy doll is a 70s battery powered toy it was part of all the stuff tina flips, she wanted me to airbrush paint it into an even creepier zombie brat crawling along, but now Tina said all we have to do is claim the doll is haunted toss it on ebay with the pic and ask stupid tall money for it.

2 hours ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

I have a few questions What camera did she use? Did she use mobile camera?. Is there any windows in the room?.  

Re read the thread.

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

It happens.  I have a whole day of photos of my grandsons with orbs that none of us saw when I took the photos.   Because of the way they moved and the location we were in, it was not camera anomalies but I don't know what caused them.   

Nice call and perhaps its subjective or just plain wrong for me to use the blanket term "camera anomalies" sure if i took pics in any room here i would get some "orbs" and i do not see them except on the picture, so in that for me a camera is a must in the experence, but it could be bugs, fingers, dust , debris, in other words not a lenes flare where all that is required is the camera its self.

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Papameter

The room is off the "library" it was made many years ago by using the end of a big wrap around porch,  what is pretty cool is you find it likely paranormal, later after i get a couple things done ill grab another pic with my phone,

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Bats didn’t tell you the rest of the story. What made Tina start taking these pics to begin with. 

A voice screamed through the house “GET OUT”. Then the damn garage door started opening and shutting. They could hear it slamming from inside the house. B)

Actually i did post why tina was taking the pics and we have no garage so no garage door.

A couple weeks back i rehomed 2 AYN parrots so that ended voices screaming in the house.

But thanks for the effort and thanks all,

Perhaps it will go into my unexplained folder.

Edited by the13bats
typos and i missed many more
  • Like 1

It may sound stupid but i feel it has something to do with the camera flash. If you look to the left at the wall in the pic you can see a smaller light  that seem to be a reflection from the camera. 

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz
  • Like 1

Mirror.

Orbs are filthy and i mean dirty lens.

Once loaned my camera to some obviously neanderthals for a Mt. Rainer trip. Came back with nasty lens. Later i notice other people's lenses, what do they clean it with their tongue? 

Here fido do your work.

Edited by Nosy.Matters
  • Haha 2

Then soak the ashes in holy water. 

Then make some crazy looking tribal face painting with the ashes, stand on your head and repeat 3 times, “there is no place like home”

That should do the trick. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Nosy.Matters said:

Mirror.

Orbs are filthy and i mean dirty lens.

Once loaned my camera to some obviously neanderthals for a Mt. Rainer trip. Came back with nasty lens. Later i notice other people's lenses, what do they clean it with their tongue? 

Here fido do your work.

Some orbs are dirty lenses not all,

I dont buy into paranormal but i do consider some rare orbs might just be coolness like plasmas, ball lightening etc,

Most orbs are debris or bugs floating around.

It reminds me of that skyfish flap that went around for a while then people with the correct cameras would set up serveral and at normal speed skyfish then on super slow cameras, bugs sometimes birds but nothing otherworldly yet to this day some insist skyfish are a real unknown creature.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

The room had no light of its own, outside the windows are bushes then street lights, the room before its light can only get in through the door,

I too believed it close to her phone, later ill see if she has her phone set the same,

Yeah, the refraction makes sense now, I guess the flash looks to be on "auto"

~

• Like 1