Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mummified Body of Leader of the ‘Love Has Won’ Cult Found Covered in Christmas Lights

Grim Reaper 6

The mummified body of the "Love Has Won" cult leader Lia "Amy" Carlson was found last Thursday in a Denver, Colorado, home, resulting in the arrests of seven of her alleged followers. A law enforcement source told The Daily Beast that the body was unable to be identified through fingerprints, but witnesses confirmed it was Carlson – who was referred to as "Mother God" in the cult.

Mummified Body of Leader of the ‘Love Has Won’ Cult Found Covered in Christmas Lights, 7 Followers Arrested (msn.com)

• Haha 6

:lol:

Edited by Piney
I know, I know...I'm a sick ****....
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Wow. Twisted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I wanted a pix or 2

• Thanks 3

All of the followers have dead eyes. Like the light has gone off in their head or something.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Xeno-Fish said:

All of the followers have dead eyes. Like the light has gone off in their head or something.

Ive seen subjects of a certain other cult leader look all dead eyed like that too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

I wanted a pix or 2

My thoughts exactly, they say she wa mummified. My question is did her followers do it or was it a natural process, either way I would like to see that crime scene. Man these are some crazy people.:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Yes .I noticed that too, I wonder if that is caused by the cults conditioning or if they are all just a bunch of empty headed individuals, I suspect it could be a little of both.:yes:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes .I noticed that too, I wonder if that is caused by the cults conditioning or if they are all just a bunch of empty headed individuals, I suspect it could be a little of both.:yes:

Yep, like pretty much all cult subjects they confuse really easily,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Yep, like pretty much all cult subjects they confuse really easily,

Yea, but still man it is a serious shame that people like this are allowed to run around free looking for new members! Can you actually picture the scene Police walked into, a mummified corpse covered in Christmas Tree lights, I bet the Cop laughed his ass off.:lol: 

Here is what they charging some of the members with:  Christopher Royer and Sarah Rudolph were being held for two counts of child abuse and abuse of a corpse on a $2,000 bond. Karin Raymond was being held on two counts child abuse, abuse of a corpse, and false imprisonment on a bond of $5,000.

Here is some of their brain washing techniques: Former members described the group to VICE as a “cult,” and said Carlson was a heavy drinker who behaved erratically. “It's a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot of mental manipulation, a lot of brainwash,” a former member, Taylor, told VICE. “She only lets us sleep four hours. We have to wake up every day at 5:00 a.m. Everything… revolved around Amy.”

Here is an updated link with more information: Decayed Corpse of ‘Cult’ Leader Found in Colorado HQ (yahoo.com)

That's some crazy Chit man!!:lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I would be interested to learn about their lives before the cult.  Profaci was clearly going through a very tough time when he joined I wonder what their stories are. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

I would be interested to learn about their lives before the cult.  Profaci was clearly going through a very tough time when he joined I wonder what their stories are. 

You know I think almost all people who join cults are lacking something socially, and they are just looking for some place to fit in. I believe these cults prey upon people with low self esteem, that are lonely, and that are seeking some form of fulfillment. Like you said, above I would also bet they all have a sad backstory, that goes along with why they joined in the first place. But, I don't know how we could ever learn about those stories, but you still bring up a very interesting point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2