Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Biden a giant? Is Carter tiny? Twitter explodes over a presidential photo

Still Waters

A photo of President Joe Biden and first lady Jill Biden with former President Jimmy Carter and former first lady Rosalynn Carter rippled through social media Monday, appearing to show the Bidens as abnormally larger than the Carters.

The picture was taken by White House photographer Adam Shultz when the Bidens visited the Carters at their home in Plains, Georgia, on April 29. In the photo, the Bidens appear unusually large in comparison with the Carters and the room setting.

The photo was retweeted more than 13,000 times as of Tuesday morning, according to The Washington Post.

Photographers said the picture was probably taken with a wide-angle lens, which can distort elements in photos and create a difference in scale. 

https://eu.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2021/05/05/biden-giant-carter-tiny-size-presidential-photo-distorted/4959251001/

https://www.cnet.com/news/why-the-bidens-look-enormous-in-that-viral-photo-with-the-carters/

• Haha 3

yeah, the camera had an wide angle lense, the Carters do look like muppets.

• Like 2

When I first saw this picture, my first thought was photo shopped. The Carters look like Lilliputians.

At the time, height bias was so extreme that Jimmy Carter could not have been elected president.  Now the truth can be told, he was our first hobbit president.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

At the time, height bias was so extreme that Jimmy Carter could not have been elected president.  Now the truth can be told, he was our first hobbit president.

And here we were waiting for Kim Kardashian.

• Haha 1

The camera lens looks like Google Street View.

Imagine if real life was like that.  Reminds me of this hilarious scene.

He is a giant idiot.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Myles said:

He is a giant idiot.   

Oh man!  Good one buddy!  Your wit has me dying with laughter!  

• Haha 1