Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman claims to have been abducted 50 times

Just now, the13bats said:

I really have no clue,   i dont know the the man.

Have you ever heard of him?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Festina said:

Just feeling you...I guess you don’t know.  It’s okay, not only is it convoluted but it’s depressing as well. 

You feeling PG :w00t:

Guys, get a room.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Festina said:

Have you ever heard of him?

Heard of who?

Just now, the13bats said:

Heard of who?

Mosaic law > Canon law > Sharia law > ?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Festina said:

Mosaic law > Canon law > Sharia law > ?

Start by posting your thoughts and links to support your claims and we go from there.

• Thanks 2

Slipping back to the threads topic not once has any claim of alien abduction been more than stories, some reek of the person doesnt know delusion from reality like betty hill others scream out for profits like travis walton but they all have in common their evidence is never more than weak anecdotal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

FIFTY?!?!  I'm SO far behind...

154246043_Loyaltycard-Tom1200.gif.72143c1562f11fb00b00c86db1aea666.gif

(Aliens use base six.)

Nope.

Not even that awkward 3rd planet issue?

The red dwarf planet that they knew about and placed in the right sequence.

You seem certain.

Can you shed light on that issue?

10 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

I don’t believe much in most abductee stories, but I firmly believe in the events of Travis Walton.

I don't think Walton has any connection to Smith.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Not even that awkward 3rd planet issue?  The red dwarf planet that they knew about and placed in the right sequence.  You seem certain.  Can you shed light on that issue?

I suppose by 'planet' you mean 'star'?  (They're not the same thing.)  In 1995 the Hubble Space Telescope ruled out the possibility of a 3rd star in Sirius, so it is a binary system.  Fact.

A few minutes’ research produces this timeline:

1844       Freidrich Bessel measures ‘wobbles’ in the motion of Sirius and concludes it must have a companion.

1862       Alvan Clark observes ‘Sirius B’ for the first time.

1893       Astronomer Henri-Alexandre Deslandres & team spend 5 weeks with the Dogon while observing a solar eclipse.  Dogon priests utterly fail to mention to these learned gentlemen that they already know about Sirius B.

1900s onwards  Regular contact between Dogon and westerners: schools and missions set up throughout Mali, including in Dogon territory.

1931       Marcel Griaule (not an astronomer) visits the Dogon for the first of many times. 

1946       Griaule meets Dogon elder/priest Ogotemmeli.  First reports of the Dogon ‘knowing’ about Sirius B.  (Almost) all Griaule’s information comes from this single source.  Griaule is not qualified to question the accuracy of these claims, so records them as facts.  Ogotemmeli also tells Griaule that the Dogon know about the rings of Saturn and moons of Jupiter.

1968 (or after)   Erich von Daniken refers to the Dogon’s ‘secret knowledge’ as factual, and evidence of extra-terrestrial contact.  (Not sure which book.)

1976       Robert Temple cashes in on this new-age woo with his book “The Sirius Mystery”.

1976 onwards    Multiple authors tear at this theory, making points like:

• There is no evidence from Dogon art/sculptures/etc. that these ‘beliefs’ pre-date Ogotemmeli’s stories.
  • There are errors and contradictions within Griaule’s reports.  e.g. Griaule equates the Dogon’s 60-year Sigui cycle to the orbit of Sirius B, even though its orbital period is 50 years.
  • Ogotemmeli actually claimed Sirius has two companions – an idea popular in the 1920s but since discredited (see above).
  • The Dogon had repeated contacts with westerners throughout the late 19th/early 20th centuries.
  • Isn't the whole notion that extra-terrestrials visited one spot on Earth 5000 years ago to impart ‘sacred knowledge’, then b*****ed off forever, rather silly?

Many Europeans who travelled to Africa back then believed Africans couldn’t possibly make such discoveries for themselves, or understand ‘advanced’ sciences.  Is it really easier to believe that aliens had visited Earth, than to suppose Ogotemmeli might have learned from visiting astronomers or missionaries?  Perhaps Sirius was significant to the Dogon, and he spliced this new knowledge into his belief system?

One good reference I found is - http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/Investigating the Sirius Mystery.pdf  There are many more...  Next time – do your own research, and maybe even some original thinking?  XxX

• Thanks 2

Morning all...  Really, really tired.  Can't remember much about last night but it must have involved some serious vindaloo - my bottom is rather tender today...

1300369518_Loyaltycard-Tom1200.gif.386d856a212d9f6dc7e135551dfca7e5.gif

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Seti42 said:

Sounds like she has seizures. Or some related neurological episodes. That'd explain most of it (missing time, hallucinations involving lights, waking up with bruises, feeling paralyzed).

Hasn't this turned out to be the case with some "abductees"?  Ages ago I recall a story of an woman who claimed to have a history of abductions, during one such abduction she was found in her car having an epileptic seizure.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Travis Walton told a story, same as all the other alleged abductees.. thay are all: 'just stories'

a film/ many books etc on Walton, a famous case like this makes if more believable?

this womans claim is no different to Waltons IMO.. but hey, what do i know;)

What makes it more believable if it's the case I'm thinking of is that there were witnesses that saw the craft that allegedly abducted him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What makes it more believable if it's the case I'm thinking of is that there were witnesses that saw the craft that allegedly abducted him.

there were witnesses that allegedly saw the craft that allegedly abducted him.... imo it's a small gang of bored forestry workers making up stories for a laugh & were probably gob smacked over the attention it got

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

there were witnesses that allegedly saw the craft that allegedly abducted him.... imo it's a small gang of bored forestry workers making up stories for a laugh & were probably gob smacked over the attention it got

That's fine, you are free to believe that.  I find it hard to believe you could get a truck load of guys to jump on board with the story while their friend hides in the woods for a week and maintain the story for 50 years.  I don't believe aliens visit earth personally but I do believe there is weird stuff that happens which defy conventional explanation.  This could be one of those things.  there is no doubt that there are things in the sky which are unexplained.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That's fine, you are free to believe that.  I find it hard to believe you could get a truck load of guys to jump on board with the story while their friend hides in the woods for a week and maintain the story for 50 years.  I don't believe aliens visit earth personally but I do believe there is weird stuff that happens which defy conventional explanation.  This could be one of those things.  there is no doubt that there are things in the sky which are unexplained.

fair enough

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dejarma said:

They were going to lose money they were lazy late on a job so made up the abduction story.

One of the guys was never "on board" people should go look at the facts of this case not clickbait for attention embellishments.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

I don’t know it’s not one of those things anyone can ever seem to prove just take me on my word. But in this day and time a trusty old camera phone would do the trick and 99% of the population has one in their possession at all times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Freez1 said:

I don’t know it’s not one of those things anyone can ever seem to prove just take me on my word. But in this day and time a trusty old camera phone would do the trick and 99% of the population has one in their possession at all times.

Get ready for an empty lecture why will still have no good picture yet should.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2021 at 7:09 AM, Tom1200 said:

Morning all...  Really, really tired.  Can't remember much about last night but it must have involved some serious vindaloo - my bottom is rather tender today...

1300369518_Loyaltycard-Tom1200.gif.386d856a212d9f6dc7e135551dfca7e5.gif

That 13th punch wasn't so bad though. The probe was very well lubricated.

• Haha 3

On 5/10/2021 at 12:57 PM, OverSword said:

I think they just need the money and an excuse why they were late on the job.  

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think they just need the money and an excuse why they were late on the job.  

So you're late for work and know you'll be in trouble do you

1. claim vehicle broke down (overheated, flat tire, etc)
  2. abducted by aliens

LOL!!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

So you're late for work and know you'll be in trouble do you

1. claim vehicle broke down (overheated, flat tire, etc)
  2. abducted by aliens

LOL!!

I thought I remembered reading that they were late on getting their job done.  Not late for work.  They were contracted to have a job done by a certain day and they were not going to hit the date.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Myles said:

I thought I remembered reading that they were late on getting their job done.  Not late for work.  They were contracted to have a job done by a certain day and they were not going to hit the date.  

So does that make the excuse seem more like something a person would come up with then? :tu:  I'll have to remember that next time I'm late with a project :alien:

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 1

On another paranormal board someone was claiming that he was being abducted by aliens in his sleep every week, sometimes every other day.

We told him to set up a night vision camera in his bedroom and post a video of him being abducted. Apparently the abductions stopped at this point.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So does that make the excuse seem more like something a person would come up with then? :tu:  I'll have to remember that next time I'm late with a project :alien:

Is Walton & all involved telling the truth? I don't know.. I will say "it's possible" but going by the data available I'd say no- unlikely.

Are you open-minded enough to say "it's possible" the whole thing is made up for whatever reason? Because it is possible, is it not?

• Like 2