Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman claims to have been abducted 50 times

27 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So does that make the excuse seem more like something a person would come up with then? :tu:  I'll have to remember that next time I'm late with a project :alien:

It worked pretty well for Walton.   His net worth is 7 million.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Is Walton & all involved telling the truth? I don't know.. I will say "it's possible" but going by the data available I'd say no- unlikely.

Are you open-minded enough to say "it's possible" the whole thing is made up for whatever reason? Because it is possible, is it not?

Sure.  It's likely that it's made up based on what we are aware of in the world.  It's possible that there is truth to their interpretation of what they saw because what group of guys makes up stuff like that?  All of them and none ever recanted?  That's the part that leads me to think something happened.

20 minutes ago, Myles said:

It worked pretty well for Walton.   His net worth is 7 million.  

In1973 who was getting rich from stuff like that?  That didn't happen until after Whitley Strieber I'm guessing.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Sure.  It's likely that it's made up based on what we are aware of in the world.  It's possible that there is truth to their interpretation of what they saw because what group of guys makes up stuff like that?  All of them and none ever recanted?  That's the part that leads me to think something happened.

I don't remember them canting in the first place.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't remember them canting in the first place.  

Weren't there a bunch of guys with him and when they came back without him they said something to the effect of "Dude walked toward a flying saucer and it shot him with a beam of light so we got the heck out of there" and then the local sheriff when he couldn't find him started investigating them all for murder?  I probably would have changed my story to it was a stunt because we were late for work right about then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, astrobeing said:

We told him to set up a night vision camera in his bedroom and post a video of him being abducted. Apparently the abductions stopped at this point.

A lot of other stuff stops too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

you've completely contradicted yourself ^ in a few lines:

1=It's likely that it's made up

2=That's the part that leads me to think something happened.

You can't have it both ways...make Your mind up. 

This is the very reason why it's difficult to have any kind of rational discussion with someone like your good self.

All due respect

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

you've completely contradicted yourself ^ in a few lines:

1=It's likely that it's made up

2=That's the part that leads me to think something happened.

You can't have it both ways...make Your mind up. 

This is the very reason why it's difficult to have any kind of rational discussion with someone like your good self.

All due respect

First, add the word probably after the word something.  Second, yes I can have it both ways because I'm fairly sure something probably happened I'm just not convinced that they knew what they were seeing.  Both ways :tu:

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, OverSword said:

First, add the word probably after the word something.  Second, yes I can have it both ways because I'm fairly sure something probably happened I'm just not convinced that they knew what they were seeing.  Both ways :tu:

so you feel it's not likely made up then?

is it likely made up or is it NOT likely made up in your opinion? because you said earlier it's likely made up:unsure2:

maybe you mean it's likely up made unlikely made down up or even wibble on toast.. who knows what you mean- do you know what you mean?:huh:

nout stranger than folk as they say

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

so you feel it's not likely made up then?

is it likely made up or is it NOT likely made up in your opinion? because you said earlier it's likely made up:unsure2:

maybe you mean it's likely up made unlikely made down up or even wibble on toast.. who knows what you mean- do you know what you mean?:huh:

nout stranger than folk as they say

I think they believe their story. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 11:51 PM, psyche101 said:

I don't think Walton has any connection to Smith.

Hi Psyche

Pretty sure your right but then again there is Smith and Wesson .:lol:

jmccr8

• Haha 2

On 5/9/2021 at 9:09 AM, Cookie Monster said:

If someone from 1000AD spent some time in our reality they would report back how things were different. They would be able to describe in the words that they knew our machines, our technologies, our structures, even if they didnt understand how things work.

The very fact that UFO abductees cannot do this and only describe what already exists in our UFO/alien culture says it all. They are either lying or delusional. Not one of them has ever contributed one single bit of original thinking that isn`t in our UFO/alien culture.

But the ufo culture started because people kept seeing flying saucers in the 1950’s... then came the abductions in the 1960’s.. ufo culture was started by real events 

Edited by ufoguy
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

But the ufo culture started because people kept seeing flying saucers in the 1950’s... then came the abductions in the 1960’s.. ufo culture was started by real events 

Lol, the giant rock ufo conventions over 1000 people most claimed to have riden in saucers to exotic planets where the aliens looked human, places like Jupiter or venus, george adamski was one.

I would like for you to post your best supportive cade from the 50s and 60s only catch the evidence must be more that an story.

Ad hominem doesnt count as evidence.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, the13bats said:

Lol, the giant rock ufo conventions over 1000 people most claimed to have riden in saucers to exotic planets where the aliens looked human, places like Jupiter or venus, george adamski was one.

I would like for you to post your best supportive cade from the 50s and 60s only catch the evidence must be more that an story.

Ad hominem doesnt count as evidence.

1: The Falcon Lake ufo Encounter 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4121639

2:

image.jpeg.956801c324c4e75b32f6140aaa4c5a9f.jpeg

The Battle of Los Angeles, Part 1

Case and point: A UFO event of mass proportion: a giant Alien spaceship hovering over one of our major cities, threatening our very existence. A scenario from "War of the Worlds," "Independence Day," or "The Day the Earth Stood Still"?

NO! it is NOT science fiction, it has ALREADY happened. When? February 25th, 1942 in the Los Angeles area.

Many believe that the "beginning" of the UFO era was in 1947, when Kenneth Arnold sighted flying disc-like objects over Mt. Rainier, coining the phrase "flying saucers." This term was already common military jargon by the time of the Roswell event of the same year.

Preceding these landmark UFO events was the mass sighting of a large flying disc in the Los Angeles area in February 25th, 1942.

Coming at a time of heightened security and anxiety following the Japanese invasion of Pearl Harbor only a few months before, this invasion would become a major UFO event, and possibly an omen of things to come. In Ufology, this is commonly referred to as:

The early morning hours of 2-25-42 would bring the first alerts of an invasion. Naturally, the first thought in the minds of everyone was that another wave of Japanese planes was attacking America on its own soil. Citizens of Culver City and Santa Monica would be the first to witness the surreal sight of a giant unknown object hovering over the suburban areas of Los Angeles.

Immediately, an air raid siren shattered the peaceful sleep of the residents, and volunteer Air Raid Wardens grabbed their gear, and headed to the streets, affecting a total blackout.

Army's 37th Coast Artillery Brigade swung into action, lighting up the clear, black skies with their massive spotlights. What they saw was beyond belief. With the Japanese planes still flying in their nightmares, another menacing flying machine was now right on top of them.

In a matter of a few short minutes, the entire southern area of California was looking to the skies, watching the intense spotlight beams converging on the giant invading UFO. The 37th's anti-aircraft guns helped light up the night, firing volley after volley at the large craft.

Many eyewitness reports would state that the large object took many direct hits, but appeared undamaged. The 30+ minute barrage would send fragmented shells over homes, businesses, and citizens. In the aftermath six individuals were found dead from the spent and fragmented artillery shells.

It was reported that hundreds upon hundreds of rounds were fired at the giant UFO, yet it appeared unaffected. Eyewitness accounts described the object as a "surreal, hanging, magic lantern." The object was especially visible as it hovered over the MGM studios in Culver City.

There are a number of newspaper articles of this event, and an astonishingly clear picture of the object as it was under its heaviest attack. The object eventually made its way over Long Beach, before it silently disappeared from view. The cannons were now silent.

Some of the most intriguing testimony of the UFO comes from a woman who was a volunteer Air Raid Warden. She lived like many others, in fear of another Japanese attack.

Nothing, however, could prepare her for what she so clearly witnessed the night of the giant UFO. Shaken awake by a call from her supervisor, she was briefed on the situation. Living not far from Santa Monica, she was told the object was close enough for her to see from her window.

Peeking out of her window, she was shocked at the sight of the massive UFO above. She described the sight as follows:

image.jpeg.c26145bd7d8234be5423ebfe1f6608c8.jpeg

"It was huge! It was just enormous! And it was practically right over my house. I had never seen anything like it in my life!" she said.

"It was just hovering there in the sky and hardly moving at all."

"It was a lovely pale orange and about the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. I could see it perfectly because it was very close. It was big!"

"They sent fighter planes up and I watched them in groups approach it and then turn away. There were shooting at it but it didn't seem to matter."

"It was like the Fourth of July, but much louder. They were firing like crazy but they couldn't touch it."

"I'll never forget what a magnificent sight it was. Just marvelous. And what a gorgeous color!" she said

As the giant UFO moved away, things began to get back to normal, as normal as things could get, considering the times. The military clampdown on Japanese citizens, and security restrictions on its native populace made this an unusual time.

Had it not been for America being at war, news of this event would have gained more momentum. The lesson to be learned from this is simply that we must be ready at all times to defend our country, and our globe from any invading force that would take our freedom as we know it from us.

3:

The Trinidade Island Photographs

Trinidade Island UFO Photograph

Trindade is a small, deserted, rocky island located in the middle of the South Atlantic Ocean, between the Brazilian coast and the African continent, more than six hundred miles off the coast of Bahia.

During World War II, it was used as a military base for United States and Brazilian warships engaging German U-boats.

It was abandoned after the end of the war, remaining completely deserted and forgotten until 1957.

In October of that year a task force from the Brazilian Navy arrived there, under the command of Captain-of-Corvette Carlos Alberto Bacellar.

The Hydrography and Navigation Division of the Ministry of the Navy had decided to build an oceanographic post and a meteorological station on the island for research connected with the International Geophysical Year (IGY).

In early January 1958 the ship "Almirante Saldanha" left Rio de Janeiro's harbor and proceeded toward the Island of Trindade with a crew of three hundred. The ship had previously been a Brazilian Navy training vessel, but it had been converted into a hydrographic unit to be used for IGY-related research.

It was operated by the Hydrography and Navigation Division, and, since October 1957, it had made several trips to Trindade, most of them connected with the Navy's oceanographic studies for the IGY.

Several civilians were aboard the ship this time, officially invited to collaborate in the scientific studies which were underway at the island.

One of these men was Almiro Barauna, a photographer and former newspaperman working as a "free-lancer." He was also an expert in submarine photography.

After a routine trip, the ship arrived at the Island and stayed there for several days. It was scheduled to leave for Rio on January 16. On that day, at 12:15 P.M., when the ship was preparing to depart, a strange object was sighted simultaneously by a number of observers gathered on deck.

The UFO came toward the island at high speed, hovered briefly over a peak, disappeared behind it for a short time, and appeared again to move away toward the sea.

Mr. Barauna was taking pictures of the ship's maneuvers at that moment. He spotted the UFO and got four pictures of it.

Barauna was later interviewed by reporter Joao Martins and his statements were published in the Brazilian magazine "0 Cruzeiro" in the March 8, 1958 issue. Here is a translation of that interview:

Q. Mr. Barauna, what were the reasons for your presence aboard the NE Almirante Saldanha? 

A. The Navy had invited several teams specialized in submarine hunting to visit the Island of Trindade. I am a member of the Icarai Club for Submarine Hunting, and our group was invited for the last trip. So, on January 8, when the ship left Rio, I was aboard together with the following members of my group:

Amilar Yieira Filho, captain of our team, a government employee (he has a job at the CACEX); Jose Teobaldo Viegas, instructor at the Aero Club of Niteroi and Air Force captain (retired); Mauro Andrade, from the London Bank; and Aloisio, municipal employee at the Federal District.

We were going to try to beat some records on submarine hunting.

Personally, I was going to take underwater photographs for the Navy and, also, to write some articles about the Island and the activities of the scientists working for the IGY. 

Q. Were any other civilians aboard, besides your group?

A. Yes. There was Professor Fernando, a geologist, with two assistants, and also a photographer, and a reporter from the newspaperJornal do Brasil. The three scientists left the ship and went to the island. 

"Q. Please tell me what was the date of the sighting? What happened?

A. It was on January 16, at 12:15 P.M. The ship was preparing to leave the island, to come back to Rio. I was on the deck observing the operations to take aboard the boat used in the trips between the ship and the island (the island has no harbor).

The sea was agitated. The weather was cloudy, clear, with no shadows. I had my Rolleiflex 2.8, Model E, which was kept inside an aluminum box for protection against the corrosive effects of water and salt. I had left my Leica with a telephoto lens in my cabin a few moments before. The deck was full of sailors and officers. Suddenly, Mr. Amilar Vieira and Captain Viegas called me, pointing to a certain spot in the sky and yelling about a bright object which was approaching the island.

At this same moment, when I was still trying to see what it was, Lieutenant Homero, the ship's dentist, came from the bow toward us, running, pointing out to the sky and also yelling about an object he was sighting. He was so disturbed and excited that he almost fell down after colliding with a cable. Then I was finally able to locate the object, by the flash (of light) it emitted.

It was already close to the island. It glittered at certain moments, perhaps changing its own light - I don't know. It was coming over the sea, moving toward the point called the Galo Crest. I had lost thirty seconds looking for the object, but the camera was already in my hands, ready, when I sighted it clearly silhouetted against the clouds.

I shot two photos before it disappeared behind the peak Desejado. My camera was set at a speed of 125 [125th of a second], with the aperture at f/8, and this was the cause of an overexposure error, as I discovered later. 

"The object remained out of sight for a few seconds - behind the peak - reappearing bigger in size and flying in the opposite direction, but lower and closer than before, and moving at a higher speed. I shot the third photo. The fourth and fifth ones were lost, not only because of the speed the saucer was moving, but also for another reason:

In the confusion produced as a result of the sighting, I was being pulled and pushed by other persons also trying to spot the object and, as a consequence, photographed the sea and the island only - not the object. It was moving out to sea again, in the direction from which it had come, and it appeared to stop in midair for a brief time. At that moment I shot my last photo (the last on the film).

After about ten seconds, the object continued to increase its distance from the ship, gradually diminishing in size and finally disappearing into the horizon. 

Q. Did you hear anything unusual during the sighting? Was the object emitting any sound?

A. I am not sure, to be honest, because of the noise made by the sea waves against the island's rocks, as well as for the yelling aboard the ship at the time. However, I think that I heard nothing besides those sounds. 

Q. What was the color of the object?

A. It showed a dark gray color, appearing to be surrounded - mostly in the area ahead of it - by a kind of condensation of a greenish, phosphorescent vapor (or mist). 

Q. Did the object appear to be metallic?

A. Yes. It was obviously a solid object. 

Q. How was it flying? Any special characteristics?

A. Yes. It showed an undulatory movement as it flew across the sky, like the flight of a bat. And when it came back, it changed speed abruptly, with no transition, in a jump. 

Q. Do you know how many persons aboard theAlmirante Saldanha sighted the object?

A. The object was sighted by almost all the people on the deck at that time, including Lieutenant Homero, Captain Viegas, and Mr. Amilar Vieira. 

Q. What happened after the sighting?

A. The ship's commander and several officers from the garrison wanted to see what I had got in the photos. As I was very curious too, I decided to develop the exposed film at once, aboard the ship. The processing was done under the supervision of several officers, including Commander Carlos A. Bacellar. But only the negatives were seen aboard. The reason: There was no photographic paper for the copies on the ship at that time. The negatives, however, were seen and examined by the whole crew. 

Q. Did you keep the negatives in your hands?

A. Yes. 

Q. Were you under any pressure to give up those negatives to Naval authorities?

image.jpeg.2a9e6626a3e92aecfb93565349eb87a6.jpeg

image.jpeg.1bcb61c1eb98cbde5105f1f2807250f0.jpeg

A. No. Commander Saldanha da Gama (the ship's CO) and the other Navy officers aboard were very kind. They never tried to get the negatives from me. 

Q. What happened when the ship came back to Rio?

A. The ship stopped first at Vitoria, in the State of Espirito Santo. As it was going to stay there for two days and later travel to Rio, we were permitted - the civilians from the submarine-hunting group only - to leave the ship there and to take a bus for the rest of the trip. Later, two days after the arrival of the Almirante Saldanhaat Rio, Commander Bacellar (ex-commander of the Navy Post at Trindade) appeared at my residence. He wanted to see the enlargements made from the negatives and asked permission to take them to the Naval authorities.

Two days later, they were returned with congratulations. I was also requested to appear at the Navy Ministry as soon as possible. They wanted to ask me certain questions and to see the negatives again. 

Q. And what happened there?

A. I was interviewed by several high-staff officers, who asked me all kinds of questions. I went there twice. At the first meeting, they requested the negatives for examination. They were sent to a civilian organization, the Cruzeiro do Sul Aerophoto grammetric Service, remaining there for four days. I was told by the Navy officers that the analyses proved they were genuine -excluding definitely the possibility of a trick or falsification. On the second visit, they performed several time-tests. While I worked with my Rolleiflex, taking shots at the same time intervals I had used to photograph the object, three Navy officers with chronometers registered the times.

They came to the conclusion - based on these tests as well as on studies concerning the ship's position and examinations of charts of the island - that the object was flying at a speed between 900 and 1,000 km./hour [about 600 mph]. The object's size was also estimated on the basis of studies related with the island's details also appearing on the photos, diagrams drawn on charts, graphs, et cetera. The object was about 120 feet in diameter and about 24 feet high. 

Q. Do you know anything about the official report on the case?

A. I saw a dossier which was consulted many times during the interrogation. However, I didn't read what was written there. I was also informed that my photos, mixed with other pictures, had been shown to witnesses of the sighting - to be identified. The result was positive. 

Q. Do you know anything about any photos by other people aboard the ship?

A. No. Besides myself, there were at least four other persons with cameras at the time of the sighting. But apparently they were not able to spot the object in time, or were paralyzed by their emotions. 

Q. Were you warned against something by the Navy's authorities? Was there some recommendation?

A. Yes. They requested me to keep the matter secret for some time. I was permitted to publish the case only after authorization from the Navy. The permission was granted, verbally, on the night of February 15, by Commander Bacellar. They made only one restriction, which I cannot mention for the reason that I have given my word. 

Q. Do you know if your sighting was the first over the Island of Trindade?

A. I was informed of four other sightings over the island during those thirty days preceding the incident of January 16. I was also informed of another thing: At one of those sightings, the object was photographed by a Navy sergeant.

His photo obviously was not released and probably never will be - the reasons are evident. Besides those four sightings, there was also the RADAR case. A target flying at supersonic speed was tracked by the radar of the Almirante Saldanha on January 15. 

Q. Did you receive any money from the Navy for your work at the Island of Trindade?

A. No. I was there as a guest. 

Q. Did you receive any money from the Navy for your photographic work, or for the enlargements you made for them?

A. No. I only received the photographic paper to be used for enlargements. 

Q. How many enlargements have you given them.

A. Thirty-eight. 

Q. One last question: What kind of impression did you get from observing the flying saucer?

A. I am absolutely sure it was a controlled object - either directly or by remote control - but very well operated, in any case. The general impression of people aboard the ship was the same: It had come to make a close observation of the ship. 

Immediately following the publication of the photographs, the Brazilian Navy refused to make any official statement confirming or denying the incident. However, proofs from the original negatives were sent to the other armed forces and to Brazilian President Kubitschek. According to the press, the narration so impressed Mr. Kubitschek that he became convinced of the veracity of the happening. 

On February 24, three days after the photos were first published in the press, the Ministry of the Navy finally made the following official statement: "With reference to the reports appearing in the press that the Navy is opposed to divulge the facts concerning the appearance of a strange object over Trindade Island, this Cabinet declares that such information has no basis.

This Ministry has no motive to impede the release of photographs of the referred-to object, taken by Mr. Almiro Barauna, who was at Trindade Island at the invitation of the Navy, and in the presence of a large number of the crew ofAlmirante Saldanha from whose deck the photographs were taken. Clearly, this Ministry will not be able to make any pronouncement concerning the object seen, because the photographs do not constitute sufficient proof for such purpose." 

On the morning after the photos of the flying saucer were published in the press (February 22), the Almirante Saldanha departed Rio to continue its mission in connection with the IGY. Two days later, however, the ship docked at Santos (February 24) for voyage repairs; this was the first chance that newspapermen had an opportunity to interview officers and men aboard.

The U.S. Assistant Naval Attache' was in Santos at this time, in connection with the visit of U. S. Coast Guard Cutter Westwind, and had an opportunity to visit aboard. The commanding officer, Capitao-de-Mar-e-Guerra (Captain) Jose Santos Saldanha da Gama, had not seen the object and was noncommittal. The executive officer also had not seen it but, arriving shortly thereafter, had formed the opinion that those on deck had seen it.

The captain had reported that his secretary, a lieutenant commander, had seen it, but this officer, when personally questioned, avoided discussing the matter. Later, it was learned that the photographer was accompanied to the dark room by an officer who waited outside the door while Barauna developed the negatives alone. When the Westwind's commanding officer paid a visit to the Almirante Saldanha, Captain Saldanha da Gama freely discussed the flying saucer incident and showed the original proofs to the callers, but again did not commit himself. 

Federal Deputy Sergio Magalhaes sent a note to the Ministry of the Navy on February 27, protesting the Navy's failure to secure sworn statements from witnesses. "For the first time in flying saucer history, the phenomenon was attended by large numbers of persons belonging to a military force, which gives these photographs an official stamp.

Threats to national security require greater official attention and action," said the deputy. In the middle of all the publicity, other sighting reports came to light, including one by a naval officer who saw a UFO a month before the sighting from the Almirante Saldanha, off the coast of Espirito Santo. The commanding officer and crew of theAta Tridente had seen a UFO several days before the Saldanha episode, but had kept the in formation secret. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

UFO guy, all those have been very well debunked catch up to speed on this subject.

• Thanks 2

On 5/10/2021 at 11:38 AM, Tom1200 said:

I suppose by 'planet' you mean 'star'?  (They're not the same thing.)  In 1995 the Hubble Space Telescope ruled out the possibility of a 3rd star in Sirius, so it is a binary system.  Fact.

A few minutes’ research produces this timeline:

1844       Freidrich Bessel measures ‘wobbles’ in the motion of Sirius and concludes it must have a companion.

1862       Alvan Clark observes ‘Sirius B’ for the first time.

1893       Astronomer Henri-Alexandre Deslandres & team spend 5 weeks with the Dogon while observing a solar eclipse.  Dogon priests utterly fail to mention to these learned gentlemen that they already know about Sirius B.

1900s onwards  Regular contact between Dogon and westerners: schools and missions set up throughout Mali, including in Dogon territory.

1931       Marcel Griaule (not an astronomer) visits the Dogon for the first of many times. 

1946       Griaule meets Dogon elder/priest Ogotemmeli.  First reports of the Dogon ‘knowing’ about Sirius B.  (Almost) all Griaule’s information comes from this single source.  Griaule is not qualified to question the accuracy of these claims, so records them as facts.  Ogotemmeli also tells Griaule that the Dogon know about the rings of Saturn and moons of Jupiter.

1968 (or after)   Erich von Daniken refers to the Dogon’s ‘secret knowledge’ as factual, and evidence of extra-terrestrial contact.  (Not sure which book.)

1976       Robert Temple cashes in on this new-age woo with his book “The Sirius Mystery”.

1976 onwards    Multiple authors tear at this theory, making points like:

• There is no evidence from Dogon art/sculptures/etc. that these ‘beliefs’ pre-date Ogotemmeli’s stories.
  • There are errors and contradictions within Griaule’s reports.  e.g. Griaule equates the Dogon’s 60-year Sigui cycle to the orbit of Sirius B, even though its orbital period is 50 years.
  • Ogotemmeli actually claimed Sirius has two companions – an idea popular in the 1920s but since discredited (see above).
  • The Dogon had repeated contacts with westerners throughout the late 19th/early 20th centuries.
  • Isn't the whole notion that extra-terrestrials visited one spot on Earth 5000 years ago to impart ‘sacred knowledge’, then b*****ed off forever, rather silly?

Many Europeans who travelled to Africa back then believed Africans couldn’t possibly make such discoveries for themselves, or understand ‘advanced’ sciences.  Is it really easier to believe that aliens had visited Earth, than to suppose Ogotemmeli might have learned from visiting astronomers or missionaries?  Perhaps Sirius was significant to the Dogon, and he spliced this new knowledge into his belief system?

One good reference I found is - http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/Investigating the Sirius Mystery.pdf  There are many more...  Next time – do your own research, and maybe even some original thinking?  XxX

No original thinking in your post. Why do you get so personal? 

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2021 at 12:00 PM, OverSword said:

Plenty of liars will never recant. After time and numerous repetitions of the lie they begin to believe its actually true for some.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Plenty of liars will never recant. After time and numerous repetitions of the lie they begin to believe its actually true for some.

Imnsho some people like getting one over on others, take the infamous patterson bigfoot film ( hoax ).

Some deep true believers the late john green comes to mind would of course avoid seeing the obvious problems with the case and look down right ridiculous to me in how they defended some things, like saying patterson was too stupid to pull such a hoax.

Ive heard the argument that since patterson didnt recant on his death bed it must be true, um no, people do lie on death beds, ( we cant forget the guy who claimed a halloween alien prop doll was a real deal , on his death bed )

and others say gimlin would have spilled it by now, thats weak, hes having a blast on the for pay lecture circuit and why wouldnt he keep his best buddies secret who died young if the buddy asked him to so his family could have profits.

a group of people making an extraordinary claim with no proof of claim holds no more weight with me than one person making the same claim. IE: utterly ridiculous 2020 electrion fraud claims with no proof.

• Like 3

On 5/11/2021 at 2:02 PM, OverSword said:

In1973 who was getting rich from stuff like that?  That didn't happen until after Whitley Strieber I'm guessing.  

This is a pretty fair point. I’d lazily counter that some people just want attention. But like I said, that’s lazy. I’m not sure this is abduction but I do believe there is something here other than someone lying blatantly.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

That's it?  That's your entire response to my post?  

So instead of actually reading what I wrote, and thinking about it, you'd rather believe that Dogon priests 'remember' that their ancestors were visited by aliens from Sirius over five thousand years ago.  And why?  Because it sounds 'cool', and you read it in some lamebrained source who also didn't bother to do the slightest hint of critical analysis.  Hence, 'no original thinking' on your behalf.  You call yourself a Sceptic - perhaps you need to check what that word really means.  (While also researching the differences between stars and planets.)

The Dogon 'mystery' is actually really easy to explain and understand.  In his youth Ogotemmeli talked to people who knew about astronomical discoveries related to Sirius.  He may have talked directly to European scientists or missionaries, or to intermediaries, we don't know nor does that matter.  He took parts of what he understood and added them to his own mythology about Sirius - a star that was already significant to them (because it's bright and obvious, not because of some prehistoric close encounter).

Decades later he retold the same information to Griaule, an anthropologist.  It's highly likely that during those first encounters Ogotemmeli knew far more about the Sirius system than Griaule, so it would be no surprise if Griaule was intrigued by the precision recorded in the 'ancient' Dogon myths, and later incredulous that some of these details are actually correct.  All the priest was doing was retelling 1900s astronomy to a 1940s researcher, including all the bits that have since been proven incorrect.

As far as I can see there are only two categories of people who maintain the fiction that the Dogon were selected 5000 years ago for an interstellar alien encounter: the con artists who know they can make money out of gullible fools, and the gullible fools who pay the con artists who write new age drivel like this.  Which one are you?

It's worth pointing out that the Dogon are not one homogenous people with a common mythology, but scores of groups speaking a dozen (related) languages.  Marcel Griaule spent many years with them recording their languages, religious practices and myths.  The stories about ancient links to Sirius came from a single person out of hundreds he met.  Doesn't it strike you as odd that none of the others 'knew' about such a unique and significant part of their own history?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, the13bats said:

UFO guy, all those have been very well debunked catch up to speed on this subject.

Show me the debunk explanation 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

Show me the debunk explanation 

Sorry, can't.  It's classified ULTRA-MEGA-TOP-SECRET by an ultra mega top secret cabal of government agencies run by aliens including (but not limited to) the CIA, FBI, MI5, KGB, UN, MSS, B&Q, MCC, EU, UNMOGIP, IBM, G-5, G-8, G-9 and G-12 (but not the ones in between).

Here's a thought...  

Your earlier post #65 was a cut'n'paste job; 3000+ words of fairly incoherent, rambling dross which no one in their right mind is going to read.  Do us a favour: make a point and back it up with clear, succinct evidence from reputable sources that can be checked.  For example you could analyse:

The Battle of Los Angeles.  

• Shortly after the attack on Pearl Harbour and the US (finally) entering WW2 an incident occurred one night in LA.
  • Worried by the potential threat of a Japanese invasion of mainland America, costal defences were on high alert. 
  • Some random incident triggered a military response.  Searchlights lit up the sky searching for enemy aircraft, and AAA was fired at random at non-existent targets.  All the evidence points to a stray weather balloon, or a US military flying object, but this was never proven.
  • As years passed this story grew ever more distorted and eventually some kooks became convinced they'd seen a giant UFO.
  • Eventually the tale reached the internet, where it is usually filed under embarrassing nonsense, how could anyone actually believe such tripe? by even the most foil-hatted UFO enthusiasts.
  • Sources: onetwothree and a smidgeon of common sense.

You see?  People who wouldn't dream of reading your drivel will read this because they can see I've thought about it.  Perhaps you could try that for yourself?  RSVP?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

That's it?  That's your entire response to my post?  

So instead of actually reading what I wrote, and thinking about it, you'd rather believe that Dogon priests 'remember' that their ancestors were visited by aliens from Sirius over five thousand years ago.  And why?  Because it sounds 'cool', and you read it in some lamebrained source who also didn't bother to do the slightest hint of critical analysis.  Hence, 'no original thinking' on your behalf.  You call yourself a Sceptic - perhaps you need to check what that word really means.  (While also researching the differences between stars and planets.)

The Dogon 'mystery' is actually really easy to explain and understand.  In his youth Ogotemmeli talked to people who knew about astronomical discoveries related to Sirius.  He may have talked directly to European scientists or missionaries, or to intermediaries, we don't know nor does that matter.  He took parts of what he understood and added them to his own mythology about Sirius - a star that was already significant to them (because it's bright and obvious, not because of some prehistoric close encounter).

Decades later he retold the same information to Griaule, an anthropologist.  It's highly likely that during those first encounters Ogotemmeli knew far more about the Sirius system than Griaule, so it would be no surprise if Griaule was intrigued by the precision recorded in the 'ancient' Dogon myths, and later incredulous that some of these details are actually correct.  All the priest was doing was retelling 1900s astronomy to a 1940s researcher, including all the bits that have since been proven incorrect.

As far as I can see there are only two categories of people who maintain the fiction that the Dogon were selected 5000 years ago for an interstellar alien encounter: the con artists who know they can make money out of gullible fools, and the gullible fools who pay the con artists who write new age drivel like this.  Which one are you?

It's worth pointing out that the Dogon are not one homogenous people with a common mythology, but scores of groups speaking a dozen (related) languages.  Marcel Griaule spent many years with them recording their languages, religious practices and myths.  The stories about ancient links to Sirius came from a single person out of hundreds he met.  Doesn't it strike you as odd that none of the others 'knew' about such a unique and significant part of their own history?

I replied with the words your reply merited once you went personal. It is not OK to get personal when I was simply asking a question.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

where is Tom getting personal?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1