Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

Judo class in Taiwan leaves seven year old boy in a coma

Recommended Posts

Still Waters

Wei Wei is a typical seven-year-old boy living in Taiwan.

He's a fan of Super Mario, likes sports and once won third place in a track race.

In April, he convinced his family he wanted to give judo lessons a try. Just two weeks later, those lessons are the reason he's lying in a coma and likely to remain in a vegetative state even if he survives.

A disturbing video has emerged showing him being thrown on a mat by an older classmate during judo practice.

As the lesson continues, he is heard screaming "my leg", "my head" and "I don't want it!" but his coach keeps ordering him to stand up and tells the older boy to go on throwing him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-56967974

Wei Wei is a nickname

  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Amaryllis

The coach sounds like another John Kreese.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
Posted (edited)
Quote

Experts say that Wei Wei's case has brought up disturbing questions that highlight deep-seated problems in Taiwan's attitude towards children and learning.

The most glaring one: why did no-one stop the coach?

There were adults at the judo studio who witnessed what happened, including Wei Wei's maternal uncle, who reportedly filmed the video to show the little boy's mother that judo may not be suitable for him.

The Republic of China are the good guys, right?

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

The Republic of China are the good guys, right?

A bad Judo coach and questionable parenting equals millions of people bad and therefore, CCP and it's human rights abuses not bad?

Nice bad faith argument there :rolleyes:

 

Edited by spartan max2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
35 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

A bad Judo coach and questionable parenting equals millions of people bad and therefore, CCP and it's human rights abuses not bad?

Nice bad faith argument there :rolleyes:

 

Trouble comprehending the bit where it says "deep-seated problems in Taiwan's attitude towards children and learning"?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Trouble comprehending the bit where it says "deep-seated problems in Taiwan's attitude towards children and learning"?

Oh god you're right :o. The CCP is the good guy. 

A culture that has a problem with leaning towards obeying authority is much worse the a nation that suppress any questioning of the government, like the CCP.

If you think Taiwan's culture of obeying authority is a problem than you really should have a huge problem with how the indoctrination and oppression is done in China by the CCP. :whistle:

((Not saying that what happened in Taiwan isn't a problem, but using it as some talking point about why the CCP isn't bad or something is dumb))

Edited by spartan max2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
Just now, spartan max2 said:

Oh god you're right :o. The CCP is the good guy. 

A culture that has a problem with leaning towards obeying authority is much worse the a nation that suppress any questioning of the government, like the CCP.

If you think Taiwan's culture of obeying authority is a problem than you really should have a huge problem with how the indoctrination and oppression is done in China by the CCP. :whistle:

 

Sinophobia triggered again?

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

Sinophobia triggered again?

Sinophobia? 

Well I guess that means we are at least in agreement that Taiwan is independent from China :lol: Lol.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Sinophobia? 

Well I guess that means we are at least in agreement that Taiwan is independent from China :lol: Lol.

Your getting a bit avant garde joining those dots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
9 hours ago, Amaryllis said:

The coach sounds like another John Kreese.

McDojos....There are waaayyy too many of them all around the world. If you can't make it on the legal or underground circuit and you have gland issues you "teach" and that's what "those who can't do" do. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Oh god you're right :o. The CCP is the good guy. 

A culture that has a problem with leaning towards obeying authority is much worse the a nation that suppress any questioning of the government, like the CCP.

If you think Taiwan's culture of obeying authority is a problem than you really should have a huge problem with how the indoctrination and oppression is done in China by the CCP. 

They don't have to be polar opposites.  One side does not have to be the good guys if the other side has problems.  Do they not both stem for a couple of thousand years of shared culture?   They might share similar societal values even if one is communist and one is democracy.  Not questioning authority or respecting a teacher might be such a cultural value.  Even a bad teacher may get the benefit of the doubt before he is found out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
11 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

They don't have to be polar opposites.  One side does not have to be the good guys if the other side has problems.  Do they not both stem for a couple of thousand years of shared culture?   They might share similar societal values even if one is communist and one is democracy.  Not questioning authority or respecting a teacher might be such a cultural value.  Even a bad teacher may get the benefit of the doubt before he is found out.

I don't disagree with any of what you said. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Piney
9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

They don't have to be polar opposites.  One side does not have to be the good guys if the other side has problems.  Do they not both stem for a couple of thousand years of shared culture?   They might share similar societal values even if one is communist and one is democracy.  Not questioning authority or respecting a teacher might be such a cultural value.  Even a bad teacher may get the benefit of the doubt before he is found out.

That's how Falun Daffy became out of control. A couple thousand years of the warrior-religious caste being in control. Think about Lenny Con Dog and his AIM "Pipe Keepers?". 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
8 hours ago, Piney said:

That's how Falun Daffy became out of control. A couple thousand years of the warrior-religious caste being in control. Think about Lenny Con Dog and his AIM "Pipe Keepers?". 

Yeah, now that you mention it

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

The worst part is his uncle recording the whole thing and not intervening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.