Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Navy seizes weapons in Arabian Sea

joc

LINK

US Navy seizes weapons 

Sailors found nearly 3,000 Chinese Type 56 assault rifles, a variant of the Kalashnikov. They recovered hundreds of other heavy machine guns and sniper rifles, as well as dozens of advanced, Russian-made anti-tank guided missiles. The shipments also included several hundred rocket-propelled grenade launchers and optical sights for weapons. 

6dabf9a0-b171-11eb-b7a7-98b5af4acfc1

Go Navy!!

Edited by joc
  • Like 3

They should set charges on the ship and after evacuating its crew, set them off and film the aftermath.

The irony is that I've heard some say that the 2nd amendment is a "God given" right but we happily and routinely deny whoever these weapons are headed to that right.   

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The irony is that I've heard some say that the 2nd amendment is a "God given" right but we happily and routinely deny whoever these weapons are headed to that right.   

Considering this is a naval interception of war supplies during an active conflict instead of a government infringing on rights specifically mentioned in a constitution there is a bit of a difference.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Considering this is a naval interception of war supplies during an active conflict instead of a government infringing on rights specifically mentioned in a constitution there is a bit of a difference.

We are at war? What business is it of ours if we aren't?  

6 hours ago, Gromdor said:

We are at war? What business is it of ours if we aren't?  

We dont have to be at war, back in 2015 a UN arms embargo was passed on blocking the Houthis from acquiring weapons.  All America is doing is enforcing a UN weapons ban. 

Even then traditionally countries do try to help their allies even if not getting into a war directly and for better or worse Saudi Arabia is an American ally.

Good to see from you that internal American politics trump everything else to you and nothing will be turned down to attack those you disagree with politically regardless on if it's a good comparison or facts surrounding the matter.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

We dont have to be at war, back in 2015 a UN arms embargo was passed on blocking the Houthis from acquiring weapons.  All America is doing is enforcing a UN weapons ban. 

Even then traditionally countries do try to help their allies even if not getting into a war directly and for better or worse Saudi Arabia is an American ally.

Good to see from you that internal American politics trump everything else to you and nothing will be turned down to attack those you disagree with politically regardless on if it's a good comparison or facts surrounding the matter.

Interesting, so gun ownership isn't a right that the populace of the world possesses but rather an internal American political construct?  Also interesting is that you are fine with the idea of a global government body determining who has or hasn't the right to possess arms (the UN in this case).

As for attacking you, I must say you are mistaken-  I actually agree with you.  Gun ownership should be a privilege given only to those who demonstrate a sound mind and responsible behavior.  I'm also a bit of a globalist like you.  I feel that humanity needs to start looking at itself as a macro-organism rather than a bunch of individuals and nations.  I also feel that we need to curb the destructive behavior of individuals for the good of the whole.  That being said, I think we should still keep an eye on preserving the liberties and freedoms of the individual while doing this.  I'm not quite as heavy fisted as you as to support the idea of a global government dictating who should or should not have weapons however, nor am I keen on the idea of the US being the ones footing the tax bill and being the subservient police dog of the world.  But other than that we are on the same side.

In regards to this Houthi thing.  I feel that we got railroaded along with the rest of the world into doing this for Saudi Arabia just to preserve our gas prices.  The Houthi's never had the means or even ambition to do anything to the US nor do they possess the means to defeat Saudi Arabia.  They are just being stubborn and refusing to just lie down and die. 

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Interesting, so gun ownership isn't a right that the populace of the world possesses but rather an internal American political construct?  Also interesting is that you are fine with the idea of a global government body determining who has or hasn't the right to possess arms (the UN in this case).

As for attacking you, I must say you are mistaken-  I actually agree with you.  Gun ownership should be a privilege given only to those who demonstrate a sound mind and responsible behavior.  I'm also a bit of a globalist like you.  I feel that humanity needs to start looking at itself as a macro-organism rather than a bunch of individuals and nations.  I also feel that we need to curb the destructive behavior of individuals for the good of the whole.  That being said, I think we should still keep an eye on preserving the liberties and freedoms of the individual while doing this.  I'm not quite as heavy fisted as you as to support the idea of a global government dictating who should or should not have weapons however, nor am I keen on the idea of the US being the ones footing the tax bill and being the subservient police dog of the world.  But other than that we are on the same side.

In regards to this Houthi thing.  I feel that we got railroaded along with the rest of the world into doing this for Saudi Arabia just to preserve our gas prices.  The Houthi's never had the means or even ambition to do anything to the US nor do they possess the means to defeat Saudi Arabia.  They are just being stubborn and refusing to just lie down and die. 

First off I'm an I individualist and lean more towards a nationalists then a globalist.

Nice attempt though at twisting my position and setting up a straw man to attack.  

I just pointed out how intercepting an arms shipment is not comparable to depriving people of their rights, but you do like to try and compare things that arent really comparable when its beneficial to you.

After essentially admitting to being a collectivist, with your whole seeing stuff at a macro level and greater good, how do you justify following an ideology that has killed more people then any other and brought about levels of pain, suffering, and destruction that has never been seen before.