Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

At Least 21 Killed by Israel's Retaliatory Rocket Strikes in Gaza, Palestinian Officials Say

Grim Reaper 6

At least 21 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli airstrikes on the Gaza Strip, Palestine's Health Ministry reported. The strikes came after Hamas militants launched rockets from the coastal territory towards Israel, amid heightened tensions in East Jerusalem. Like much of the recent violence between the Israelis and Palestinians, the escalation has been fuelled by claims over Jerusalem, which both sides see as their capital.

At Least 21 Killed by Israel's Retaliatory Rocket Strikes in Gaza, Palestinian Officials Say (msn.com)

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

At least 21 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli airstrikes on the Gaza Strip, Palestine's Health Ministry reported. The strikes came after Hamas militants launched rockets from the coastal territory towards Israel, amid heightened tensions in East Jerusalem. Like much of the recent violence between the Israelis and Palestinians, the escalation has been fuelled by claims over Jerusalem, which both sides see as their capital.

At Least 21 Killed by Israel's Retaliatory Rocket Strikes in Gaza, Palestinian Officials Say (msn.com)

Let's review shall we...

Hamas launces a rocket attack against Israel.  21 Palestinians are killed as a result.  Why do the Palestinians trust Hamas?   Hmmmm

• Like 2

I am a little taken aback by the thread title. Shouldn't this start by discussing the Hamas attack on Israel and not start with the retaliation for being attacked? I just sense an anti-Israeli bias in this OP.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/israel-striking-gaza-in-response-to-rocket-barrage-directed-at-jerusalem-667776

Looks like the Hamas is ready to play the game again.  Several of their strategic members of leadership are targeted and dead and the fighting seems to be escalating.  Death toll is around 30 Palestinians and 2 Israelis.  

1 hour ago, Wistman said:

A 'nationalist' parade of 'settlers' was promoted by the Israeli government to march through the Old City (the enclosed, high-walled Palestinian section, where they live closely packed in, and where the holy sites are, including the Temple Mount,

https://hamodia.com/2021/05/10/contentious-jerusalem-day-parade-go-ahead-despite-earlier-clashes/

I see you failed to mention that the normal route of this parade had already been changed in an attempt to lessen tensions.  I'm sure it was just an oversight, right?  

According to my "RED ALERT" phone app, the rockets are still falling.  Schools in Israel near the GAZA border are closed and many Israelis are living in shelters all over the country.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, and then said:

https://hamodia.com/2021/05/10/contentious-jerusalem-day-parade-go-ahead-despite-earlier-clashes/

I see you failed to mention that the normal route of this parade had already been changed in an attempt to lessen tensions.  I'm sure it was just an oversight, right?  

According to my "RED ALERT" phone app, the rockets are still falling.  Schools in Israel near the GAZA border are closed and many Israelis are living in shelters all over the country.  

https://www.tech-gate.org/usa/2021/05/09/jerusalem-day-parade-will-go-ahead-despite-days-of-unrest-and-soaring-tensions-in-city/

Police on Sunday gave the go-ahead to the annual Jerusalem Day parade, a flag-waving display of Israeli claims to all of the contested city, despite days of unrest and soaring Israeli-Palestinian tensions at a flashpoint holy site.

Monday’s parade will pass through Jerusalem’s Old City, part of east Jerusalem, which was captured and annexed by Israel in the 1967 Arab-Israeli war. The march was approved amid ongoing clashes between police and Palestinians in the Old City, the emotional epicentre of the long-running conflict, that left 90 people injured. 

Clashes started on Saturday after Israeli police blocked Muslim pilgrims from Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa Mosque on Laylat al-Qadr (Night of Destiny), the holiest night of Ramadan

You might try (but I know you won't with your Red Alert app and all) quoting a less thoroughly biased source.

• Thanks 3

Is it the dead Israelis or the fact that the rockets continue to fall that you find so amusing?  Never mind, doesn't matter because soon you'll be throwing a tantrum over the terrible loss of life in Gaza.  They chose to start this iteration and it will end just like all the others have done.  They'll be burying their dead and filled with hate for Israelis.  Israelis who weren't firing a single shot at them.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, and then said:

Is it the dead Israelis or the fact that the rockets continue to fall that you find so amusing?  Never mind, doesn't matter because soon you'll be throwing a tantrum over the terrible loss of life in Gaza.  They chose to start this iteration and it will end just like all the others have done.  They'll be burying their dead and filled with hate for Israelis.  Israelis who weren't firing a single shot at them.  

:lol:  

Now I must laugh too. No, not at the dead people, as you too damn well know. It's your bias of comical proportions that makes people laugh.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

Noone sane finds a loss of life amusing either on the Palestinian or the Israely side....except you when it comes to Palestinians.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Churches in Palestine are beging the world to stop Israels athrocities. This is not a Jewish/muslim issue. This is an Israelie appartheid government spreading terror on Palestinians.

Also, just read Andrew Yang twitter. Hey Andrew, remember the "China" virus you disliked being called that way? Any honest and not corrupt politicians left out there?

Love Ireland, the only country with guts!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am not suprised at all how many Jews are blaming Israel for the escalation. 

Two things need to happen for peace in Israel and Palestine: Get rid of the far right players, the appartheid Israelie government and Hamas. Both are murderes of innocent people. Declare Jerusalem a free city for all and give the Palestinians the right of selfgoverning.

Peace to Israel and Palestine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I am a little taken aback by the thread title. Shouldn't this start by discussing the Hamas attack on Israel and not start with the retaliation for being attacked? I just sense an anti-Israeli bias in this OP.

If you read the linked article in the OP, there should not be any confusion because that is what the article says word for word. So you saying the News Weeks article is bias?

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, joc said:

Let's review shall we...

Hamas launces a rocket attack against Israel.  21 Palestinians are killed as a result.  Why do the Palestinians trust Hamas?   Hmmmm

I have no idea why they trust Hamas.

40 minutes ago, odas said:

Declare Jerusalem a free city for all

What do you mean when you say that?

In terms of who governs it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

If you read the linked article in the OP, there should not be any confusion because that is what the article says word for word. So you saying the article is bias?

What I was saying is that the first thread on this latest episode shouldn't focus on Israel's retaliation first but rather the initial attack by Hamas. And then the Israeli response comes next. 

No biggie, Manwon. Just mentioned it seemed unfair to start with making Israel sound aggressive.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, odas said:

give the Palestinians the right of selfgoverning.

They were already afforded the opportunity the same as Israel but they rejected it.

• Like 1

Just now, papageorge1 said:

What I was saying is that the first thread on this latest episode shouldn't focus on Israel's retaliation first but rather the initial attack by Hamas. And then the Israeli response comes next. 

Ok well, why don't you start a thread that precedes this thread?

This was the major news headline yesterday. 

• Like 1

To get around the semantics, perhaps the OP should read something like, "At least 21 Palestinians killed in latest military exchange caused by the Balfour Agreement, with a little help from the Sykes-Picot Agreement". Therefore the "original sin" can be laid at the door of the UK and France. Libya, did anybody say Libya.

• Like 2

Its going back when Hamas attacked Israel and Israel  attacked them back and the Hamas put their children around their  bombs for them not to attack their children in self defense :( and Trump denied the Palestinians any money but Bidon now gave them much so much money to get the bombs :(   

• Like 1

Within the past hour or so hundreds of rockets have been fired.  Seems Hamas has stepped up from firing barrages of only a few rockets/missiles to now firing barrages of between 100 and 350 at a time.

To give an idea of what's going on this is one launcher fired by Hamas at apparently Tel Aviv.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ELINTNews/status/1392270929871450112

Not every barrage is necessarily like that, some are still smaller, but the frequency and amount of stuff fired is going up and this is moving closer to a regional war.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Seems the first Israeli casualty from the rocket attacks has occured.  From reports a direct impact in Lod, Israel has killed one civilian and seriously wounded another.  Not clear which is dead and which is critically wounded but the 2 involved were a 7 year old child and a 35 year old man, both from the same Arab family.

Most reports of casualties I'm seeing in Gaza has it at about 35 killed and 223 wounded.  

If this continues only a matter of time till Israel enters Gaza and if that happens casualties are going to spike dramatically.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked