Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

State Department Covid review blasts 'void of U.S. international leadership' under Trump and Pompeo

Grim Reaper 6

6 hours ago, joc said:

3.  C19 wasn't stopped by masking, sanitizing and social distancing because none of these ideas are sound to begin with.   

Those unsound ideas seem to have worked in Australia, New Zealand, the UK......

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That's a very good place to take refuge, but that won't be necessary if you didn't find the need to make statements that fly in the face of Science. I mean your certainly welcome to your opinion, but it's hard to see it as such when you offer them as if they were facts.

It's  not refuge.  I don't tolerate petty insults from the immature...I ignore them.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Those unsound ideas seem to have worked in Australia, New Zealand, the UK......

Interesting that Trump wasn't running for President of the United States in Australia, New Zealand, the UK...

You people are wrong...I lived it...I watched it, up close and personal...I went somewhere everyday.  Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.  There were not millions of people in Dallas that were not complying with the Status Quo Mandates of Masking, Sanitizing and Social Distancing.  There were only two....me, and that other guy.  And I haven't gotten Covid so I haven't spread anything.  It is easy to blame something on StrawMen...those nameless, faceless millions who refuse to comply with the Status Quo.

And while the entire city was following all the protocols...the numbers being reported continued to sky rocket.  Why?

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, joc said:

And I haven't gotten Covid so I haven't spread anything.

How do you know?

Up to a third of cases are estimated to be asymptomatic. Did you take a test every day? Multiple ones to account for false negatives?

Seems unlikely when you've previously claimed the tests are mysteriously suspect.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, joc said:

Interesting that Trump wasn't running for President of the United States in Australia, New Zealand, the UK...

You people are wrong...I lived it...I watched it, up close and personal...I went somewhere everyday.  Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.  There were not millions of people in Dallas that were not complying with the Status Quo Mandates of Masking, Sanitizing and Social Distancing.  There were only two....me, and that other guy.  And I haven't gotten Covid so I haven't spread anything.  It is easy to blame something on StrawMen...those nameless, faceless millions who refuse to comply with the Status Quo.

And while the entire city was following all the protocols...the numbers being reported continued to sky rocket.  Why?

Here's a really messed up story-  One of the guys on the crew is just like you and thinks it was all fake.  His partner was so-so and didn't know what to think.  Last month the guy who was so-so ended up with his mom getting sick.  Really, sick.  So the so-so guy was really upset with the "It's all fake" guy.  He wasn't around anyone except him and was really thinking that this guy was murdering his mom.  It was to the point where I thought it was going to be a problem.  Like someone was going to get shot problem.  The messed up part was that it turns out that the mom had pancreatic cancer and that it went systemic and was in her lungs.  So that smoothed things over between the two but I hate to think what would have happened if it really was Covid.  The mom passed away 2 weeks ago.

The "It's all fake" guy was finally convinced when the contractor liaison that we deal with (and he goes fishing in Canada with) ended up in the hospital on oxygen for a week from Covid.

I guess my point is- consider yourself lucky on the roll of the dice.  Only about 20% of Americans caught Covid and you and your associates were among the lucky 80%:  What Is the Global Percentage of People Who Have COVID? (nautil.us)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Here's a really messed up story-  One of the guys on the crew is just like you and thinks it was all fake.  His partner was so-so and didn't know what to think.  Last month the guy who was so-so ended up with his mom getting sick.  Really, sick.  So the so-so guy was really upset with the "It's all fake" guy.  He wasn't around anyone except him and was really thinking that this guy was murdering his mom.  It was to the point where I thought it was going to be a problem.  Like someone was going to get shot problem.  The messed up part was that it turns out that the mom had pancreatic cancer and that it went systemic and was in her lungs.  So that smoothed things over between the two but I hate to think what would have happened if it really was Covid.  The mom passed away 2 weeks ago.

The "It's all fake" guy was finally convinced when the contractor liaison that we deal with (and he goes fishing in Canada with) ended up in the hospital on oxygen for a week from Covid.

I guess my point is- consider yourself lucky on the roll of the dice.  Only about 20% of Americans caught Covid and you and your associates were among the lucky 80%:  What Is the Global Percentage of People Who Have COVID? (nautil.us)

I'm not saying it is all fake.  But what we do know about the Obama administration was that Rob Emanuel was a huge proponent of Don't Let a Crisis Go to Waste. 

But if I'm lucky on the roll of the dice...and I was mingling with the crowds every day...The very crowds that were masked up...how long can one be lucky that way?  And where were all of these people getting the virus?  ... maybe I should thank all the people who masked up and social distanced and constantly used antiseptic  that I didn't get infected...but hey...

Now that Joe Biden has sent out his letter to every American taking credit for the stimulus payments and the vaccine...maybe it will all just go away and we don't have to worry about it until it rears it's ugly little head again in 2024 if Trump runs again.

3 hours ago, joc said:

It's  not refuge.  I don't tolerate petty insults from the immature...I ignore them.

I apologize, I stepped outside the line. You did not deserve my comments, because you certainly have a right to your opinion.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, joc said:

Of course the flu is a reportable disease in the US. 

I wrote "flu is not a reportable disease in most parts of the U.S". Thus, flu reports are voluntary and there is no general obligation to report flu infections in the US. It's up to the individual states to decide. Connecticut, e.g., has has no obligation to report flu infections. Thus, US flu reports can/will never picture the flu status of the whole nation.

C19 wasn't stopped by masking, sanitizing and social distancing because none of these ideas are sound to begin with. 

The global statistics prove the opposite. The reason for that it wasnt possible to bring the numbers down to zero, or near to, are people with a mindset like yours. 10 out of 1000 who dont follow/ed the recommendations offer the virus a host option with the inevitable consequence of spreading.

None of your statements made here about C19 are based on and/or backed by scientific/statistical findings but by your very own opinions only. You are free to have opinions, of course, but didnt you asked yourself sometimes if you might be wrong with your assessment of the situation? At least a little self-reflection? If yes, which I hope for, dont you think that even if you could be right (which you are dont), it would be worth to the health and lives of the people around you to perform the well known and very simple to follow precautions? Are you really such a community nazi?

That you blame a sitting President for a pandemic is silly.

Please quote where I blamed Joe Biden to be silly.

And you only say that because you hate Trump. 

As stated several times already I dont have any feelings for the moron so I cannot hate him.

And you hate Trump because you have been programmed by the Media to hate Trump.  

My assessment of his person, his stupidity and his inabilities are based exclusively on original material like interviews, videos and tweets so my assessment could not  be influenced/manipulated by anything, like "the media" or whatever.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yet another thread pointing out trumps life costing incompetent total failure and utter disaster as potus.

And before any trumps loyal bent knee subjects get a kicker knot and start braying about me being a hater, having TDS or fed by they media while those are all great rejoinders to a point they just do not apply to me

Ill even defend you guys i can only imagine how it feels the dispair and meltdown to be duded and duped by trump, that qnon lawyer of his summed it up, i paraphase, no rational person would have believed the claims of fraud. Ouch!

Oooh, and if you get trumps letters begging you to donate money to his millionaire self and if you dont you arent a patriot be sure to uncheck the by default checked box to go direct to him from your bank account.

And remember biden didnt win because everyone who voted for him liked him he won because a lot of people were over and done with st marmalade.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, joc said:

I have self insulated.  And what are the names of these judges and how did Mitch McConnell block their confirmations?  

Look it  up!  You can find credible information on the web.  The senate has to accept the judge appointments that the president suggests.    Jeez, maybe you would have a better time of it if you at least looked up how the government is supposed to function and what the rules for appointing judges are.

14 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Look it  up!  You can find credible information on the web.  The senate has to accept the judge appointments that the president suggests.    Jeez, maybe you would have a better time of it if you at least looked up how the government is supposed to function and what the rules for appointing judges are.

Jeez...if you are going to follow the thread girl...then   f o l l o w   the thread.  

18 hours ago, Gromdor said:

the majority leader can block a judge because he controls the agenda of the session and can opt (which is what McConnell did) to not put the nomination forth to be discussed or voted on.

You get a Gold Star!  ...and a hand shake... :)

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

Yet another thread pointing out trumps life costing incompetent total failure and utter disaster as potus.

And before any trumps loyal bent knee subjects get a kicker knot and start braying about me being a hater, having TDS or fed by they media while those are all great rejoinders to a point they just do not apply to me

Ill even defend you guys i can only imagine how it feels the dispair and meltdown to be duded and duped by trump, that qnon lawyer of his summed it up, i paraphase, no rational person would have believed the claims of fraud. Ouch!

Oooh, and if you get trumps letters begging you to donate money to his millionaire self and if you dont you arent a patriot be sure to uncheck the by default checked box to go direct to him from your bank account.

And remember biden didnt win because everyone who voted for him liked him he won because a lot of people were over and done with st marmalade.

The thing is, is that there are people that say the media has "brainwashed" people to hate Trump. For me, I don't hate him, I just despise him. It doesn't take the media. Just listen to the man talk, unedited.

And the childish behavior of attacking anyone that says a word against him is not representative of a leader, but a mob boss.

Gov Hogan just said Trump was "toxic" for the GOP. So I expect to quote myself by days end of a rebuke of that by Trump. Just for a case in point.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, South Alabam said:

The thing is, is that there are people that say the media has "brainwashed" people to hate Trump. For me, I don't hate him, I just despise him. It doesn't take the media. Just listen to the man talk, unedited.

And the childish behavior of attacking anyone that says a word against him is not representative of a leader, but a mob boss.

Gov Hogan just said Trump was "toxic" for the GOP. So I expect to quote myself by days end of a rebuke of that by Trump. Just for a case in point.

Well sure, trump taught his bent knees to do as he does, blame others for your failures and attack anyone who has an opinion you do not like, trump was and still is a bumbling joke, a great game show host a rotten potus,

Ive seen the empty weak ad hominem brayed from his subjects that if anyone utters a negative word about trump its because they are brainwashed by the media,

Do these subjects know or care how asinine that comes off? I havent had a TV set up since i moved and even when i did im not stupid enough to believe "stories" anyone who sees my cynical skeptic posts here know that to be fact.

Nope capt cheeto gave me my impressions of him with his own mouth, words actions or lack of actions like his life costing incompetent total failure and utter disaster covid response.

Oh, that wasnt trumps fault or failure that was those ebil dems, why do trumps fans give so much power to dems?

Anf no, i dont hate the man in fact i dont hate anyone i can view a person as i veiw trump and not hate them its his fans who are hate filled.

The fall out from trumps countless failures will be rippling for years to come. This thread is just an example of that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, the13bats said:

Oh, that wasnt trumps fault or failure that was those ebil dems, why do trumps fans give so much power to dems?

The same reason Christians give so much power to their devil.   I don't know why, but it is a common habit of people in large groups who believe unprovable, inconsistent, illogical things.  And it has nothing to do with whether there is a "God" or not, it is a way to excuse bad behavior and continue to behave badly in self righteousness.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3