Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Italian woman accidentally given six doses of Pfizer vaccine

Still Waters

A nurse only realised shortly after administering a woman the Covid vaccine that the dose contained six times the required amount. 

The 23-year-old recipient, a psychology intern at Noa hospital in Tuscany, central Italy, received the half dozen doses on Sunday (local time) according to CNN. 

A spokesperson for the hospital, Daniella Gianelli, revealed the woman, who had no underlying health issues, had been discharged after being monitored for 24 hours. 

https://au.news.yahoo.com/woman-accidentally-given-six-doses-of-covid-vaccine-112100440.html

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

A nurse only realised shortly after administering a woman the Covid vaccine that the dose contained six times the required amount. 

The 23-year-old recipient, a psychology intern at Noa hospital in Tuscany, central Italy, received the half dozen doses on Sunday (local time) according to CNN. 

A spokesperson for the hospital, Daniella Gianelli, revealed the woman, who had no underlying health issues, had been discharged after being monitored for 24 hours. 

https://au.news.yahoo.com/woman-accidentally-given-six-doses-of-covid-vaccine-112100440.html

Did the nurse get fired?  That is a hard mistake to make. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Did the nurse get fired?  That is a hard mistake to make. 

Maybe it was her first time.  But still.

The crazy thing is the amount of healthcare professionals I've heard about refusing the vaccine.  This was a local news story here in Washington and this article from Italy says

Healthcare workers who refuse to be vaccinated against Covid-19 will be assigned roles that don't have patient contact. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The crazy thing is the amount of healthcare professionals I've heard about refusing the vaccine.  This was a local news story here in Washington and this article says

Well, most hospitals don't require their workers to be vaccinated for the flu, though most choose to be.   At least they aren't fired for refusing the vaccine.  They are the people who would know more about how vaccines work.

• Like 2

Oh god. Hope she's oaky

• Like 4

Mrs. Hulk

• Haha 2

People who refuse vaccination shouldn't be working in a hospital, period. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Maybe now she turn into the Wonder Woman. 

13 hours ago, toast said:

Mrs. Hulk

I was thinking Nebula with the nanites and whatnot

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 5:31 PM, spartan max2 said:

Oh god. Hope she's oaky

Did she turn into a tree?

• Haha 1

Reading over this again I have to ask. How the **** does this actually happen In reality lol

They didn't realise their mistake until after the vaccine had been injected, Ms Gianelli told the publication. 

She saw five empty syringes and realised her mistake,” Ms Gianelli said.

I feel like I would know it I was stabbed five times. I guess she just trusted the nurse knew what she was doing. But still.

On 5/11/2021 at 8:57 PM, Hammerclaw said:

People who refuse vaccination shouldn't be working in a hospital, period. 

Such a policy would lead to serious staff shortages.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inn Spectre said:

Such a policy would lead to serious staff shortages.

Pity that. Staff so ignorant of medicine shouldn't be working in the first place.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Pity that. Staff so ignorant of medicine shouldn't be working in the first place.

Who says they're ignorant?

13 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Reading over this again I have to ask. How the **** does this actually happen In reality lol

I feel like I would know it I was stabbed five times. I guess she just trusted the nurse knew what she was doing. But still.

It wasn't 5 stabs, it was one syringe with 6 doses.  Still not an easy mistake to make unless you are new and not paying attention.  Maybe lack of training or too much put on one person.   

Hopefully no adverse effects. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 2:06 AM, OverSword said:

The crazy thing is the amount of healthcare professionals I've heard about refusing the vaccine.  This was a local news story here in Washington and this article from Italy says

Do you know any healthcare workers personally? I know a few through family and friends, admittedly not hundreds but from those I do know, I don't know a single one that supports theses claims. One of those people is right on the front line too. They all condemn them. 

I personally suspect the deniers are a minority.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Do you know any healthcare workers personally? I know a few through family and friends, admittedly not hundreds but from those I do know, I don't know a single one that supports theses claims. One of those people is right on the front line too. They all condemn them. 

I personally know quite a lot of healthcare workers and more than a few vaccinators, I don't know any deniers. The ones I have read about in the news are either unqualified or hold views about 'unorthodox' medicines anyway.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ted hughes said:

I personally know quite a lot of healthcare workers and more than a few vaccinators, I don't know any deniers. The ones I have read about in the news are either unqualified or hold views about 'unorthodox' medicines anyway.

I'd agree. There always "one in every crowd". It seems to me more likely that those individuals have networked over the web and created their own little group and made out it is bigger than it actually is.

10 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I would say they are in the minority too. But regardless there are doctors and nurses who have refused the vaccine. I was discussing this with a coworker who’s relative is a nurse and he told me she never gets the annual flu vaccine and never gets sick and he doubted if she was getting this either.

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I would say they are in the minority too. But regardless there are doctors and nurses who have refused the vaccine. I was discussing this with a coworker who’s relative is a nurse and he told me she never gets the annual flu vaccine and never gets sick and he doubted if she was getting this either.

Pretty stupid on the nurse's part. Just because they show no flu symptoms doesn't mean they aren't a carrier passing it around. Same with covid.

I would be hard pressed to call anyone in the healthcare field a "professional" who has that kind of thinking, they should absolutely know better. They should be getting all shots, no questions - or find a new job.To deny a vaccine is to deny or own damn profession at that point.

Edited by moonman