Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wish I Could See What Dogs/Cats Dream

Brandy333

There is no doubt that animals dream too, as many times I've seen dogs where their eyes were moving as if looking around, mouths moved as well as their nose and legs moved also.   However, they were sound asleep.  I had a hound dog sleeping with me one night in bed, completely stretched out and fast asleep.  Well he was after something because he started barking with legs in fast motion as in running and the whole bed was shaking.   After a while he woke, yawned and went back to sleep.   Another dog I had was large and slept on a blanket beside the bed, and sometimes in his sleep he would let out a big long howl, almost like a wolf.   

• Like 4

Monkey is the big goof in my avatar he will have nightmares cry out and like a human need comforting,

I wonder how animals process dreams do they understand its not amother version of their world or is it real to them.

My dogs sometimes cry in their sleep while they are dreaming. I always wake them up immediately when they cry because I feel sorry for them and don't want them in distress. They always fall back asleep immediately after I wake them like nothing ever happened. So dreams might not bother them as much as it can bother us humans. 

Edited by thedutchiedutch
  • Like 2

I often wonder what my two cats dream of or do the drink crazy I do the dream crazy like I do

• Confused 1

I'd like to see dog and cat dreams too....but I'd also like to experience a dog's sence of smell (I think). .   It must be amazing..maybe like smellavision .

I know like us when we drieam  cats and dogs move their body in their sleep like we do when we dream

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 1:27 PM, lightly said:

I'd like to see dog and cat dreams too....but I'd also like to experience a dog's sence of smell (I think). .   It must be amazing..maybe like smellavision .

Not only to experience their smelling ability but their hearing also.   Dogs and other animals hear things way out of our range.

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2021 at 1:43 PM, dream jo said:

I know like us when we drieam  cats and dogs move their body in their sleep like we do when we dream

I had a large dog named Barney, who I think had Golden Retriver in him.   At times he howled in his sleep.