Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Twitter users mock David Hockney's Piccadilly 'art'

itsnotoutthere

Eye-catching artwork by David Hockney that was commissioned by re-elected London Mayor Sadiq Khan has been widely ridiculed on social media. 

The work, produced by the world-renowed British artist, 83, is part of Mr Khan's new £7million tourism campaign to encourage sightseers back to the capital as Covid restrictions ease.

Branding it 'brilliant', Mr Khan unveiled a redesigned version of the Piccadilly Circus Underground sign on Twitter, and promised there would be 'lots more to come very soon'. 

But the plan appeared to have backfired as thousands of Twitter users were left dismayed, shocked and appalled in equal measure - with many showcasing their own doodles to rival Hockney's piece.

E1HZgPnXEAI70ET3.jpg.79a35bef1a0a427f9146b2cd4a7f0137.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9569911/David-Hockneys-Piccadilly-Circus-art-Sadiq-Khans-7m-London-campaign-ridiculed-online.html

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• The title was changed to Twitter users mock David Hockney's Piccadilly 'art'

2 hours ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Why has the S dropped???

I didn't see that!

I'm sure there's a "clever" artistic reason for it, but it's still a worthless piece of crap.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, acute said:

I didn't see that!

I'm sure there's a "clever" artistic reason for it, but it's still a worthless piece of crap.

Changing the original theme of the sign that was iconic for years.    Small changes leads to massive changes.