Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Questions Pile Up in Baffling Case of Missing Alabama Baby

Grim Reaper 6

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Hi Brandy, it may seem worse because we are living though it.   If you were able to read some headlines from the last hundred years you would find  that mysterious diseases, disappearances and murders have plagued us for a long time.  If you did some history reading you would wonder how we survived as humans at all.  Infant mortality all over the world was  tragic and frequent. Murder, spouse abuse, and infanticide was also widespread.  Villages could be wiped out by pirates, bandits,  or their own ruler's army.  

I think the world is getting safer for men, women, and children,

One thing that makes it seem worse is that any terrible crime that can capture eyes on a news page or on the internet gets broadcast around the world.   There have always been good people and monsters, the ratio may not have changed in the last couple of thousand years.

I agree in that there are still good loving people in the world.   I know the news tends to only report the worst because they figure that's what people want to hear and it makes a story.   Yes, you're right in that killing, diseases, etc. have been with us a long time.   I guess I worded it wrong when I said "the beginning".  I didn't mean all this stuff was just starting.  As far as the world getting safer?   Well I guess if you mean people are more aware of the dangers in the world and are learning how to address them to be safe.   But the world is by no means a safe place.  

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't see how the law diminishes due to those kind of circumstances.    He did  it, and so what he was stoned out of his head.  Who got him that way?   No one forced him to take those drugs, so he is 100% responsible and I have never seen any case where that diminished the responsibility.   

I agree totally.  My comment was meant to be sarcastic.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

You are right in that it has been going on for a long time.   What I meant when I said it was only the beginning was it's going to get a lot worse.

no, you are just hearing about more of it.   Before, you only heard about what was in your neighborhood or city, now you hear about it all over the world.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vincennes said:

I agree totally.  My comment was meant to be sarcastic.  

Sorry, literal minded so I usually don't get sarcasm.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

no, you are just hearing about more of it.   Before, you only heard about what was in your neighborhood or city, now you hear about it all over the world.

Yes and no IMO.  We have an increased population.  We have a no responsibility/repercussions society that blames everyone else but themselves for their actions.   The shame and harsh penalties for crimes like this in the past prevented most people from acting out.  Now they are not responsible due to addictions,  bad childhood...it is ridiculous.   

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Yes and no IMO.  We have an increased population.  We have a no responsibility/repercussions society that blames everyone else but themselves for their actions.   The shame and harsh penalties for crimes like this in the past prevented most people from acting out.  Now they are not responsible due to addictions,  bad childhood...it is ridiculous.   

You must be too young to remember what parents were allowed to do in public in the 60's & 70's, and worse in the 50's etc.   Things have changed a lot and your perceptions are based on what you know now.    It doesn't have anything to do with shame, and harsh penalties do not inhibit bad behavior, except for people who are socially conscious.  The crimes we are talking about are not perpetrated by socially conscious people.  And in their end, the bad attitudes have nothing to do with the law and punishment.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

On 5/15/2021 at 11:55 AM, Desertrat56 said:

You must be too young to remember what parents were allowed to do in public in the 60's & 70's, and worse in the 50's etc.

Bang on, sis. The kids learned respect at a young age. And if your parents found out that the teacher whacked you, you'd be getting another one from your parents.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Bang on, sis. The kids learned respect at a young age. And if your parents found out that the teacher whacked you, you'd be getting another one from your parents.

That's not far from true. We got grounded for causing trouble at school and disrupting class.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

That was the standing general order in my family ;)   If I came home with a note saying I'd caused a disruption, I would get a little wake-up call.  

• Like 2

On 5/13/2021 at 7:52 PM, Manwon Lender said:

Welcome to the forum, sorry we had to meet in thread like this.:cry:

Thank you all. Nice to be here,

I am always saddened to the core when something like this happens and don't understand it at all. There is NO excuse for harming a child, and one so  young and helpless... it's unbelievable. 

• Like 2

I'm really confused they told police he was last seen Saturday but waited to call the police until Monday night.  However the autopsy states he died on the Monday, when was the last time the mother actually saw her baby, was it Saturday or Monday?  If Saturday did she have any contact with the father on the Sunday and earlier on Monday?  None of this makes sense, what am I missing? 

• Like 2

Just now, TashaMarie said:

I'm really confused they told police he was last seen Saturday but waited to call the police until Monday night.  However the autopsy states he died on the Monday, when was the last time the mother actually saw her baby, was it Saturday or Monday?  If Saturday did she have any contact with the father on the Sunday and earlier on Monday?  None of this makes sense, what am I missing? 

You are missing the part where they said the family was together last on Saturday night and then the dad called on Monday claiming the baby was missing from the quickie mart.   Drug addicts never can keep their stories straight and it may be that the mom was unconscious for two days or something so she never knew what happened.  Also, I noticed that there was a mention of kids plural.  I hope they no longer have custody of any other children.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

You are missing the part where they said the family was together last on Saturday night and then the dad called on Monday claiming the baby was missing from the quickie mart.   Drug addicts never can keep their stories straight and it may be that the mom was unconscious for two days or something so she never knew what happened.  Also, I noticed that there was a mention of kids plural.  I hope they no longer have custody of any other children.

Something just doesn't sit quite right with me, I'm not sure I'm happy to go with the mother being totally innocent and yes they also have a two year old.

• Like 2

Just now, TashaMarie said:

Something just doesn't sit quite right with me, I'm not sure I'm happy to go with the mother being totally innocent and yes they also have a two year old.

I agree.  She was either drugged up or for some other reason was not with the baby after Saturday night.   Or maybe the dad threw a tantrum and took the baby to punish her.  There is no telling what happened, just that their version of events does not add up.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I agree.  She was either drugged up or for some other reason was not with the baby after Saturday night.   Or maybe the dad threw a tantrum and took the baby to punish her.  There is no telling what happened, just that their version of events does not add up.

No it doesn't and I'm not confident we will ever get the truth what we do have is another case of humanity at its worst.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

It doesn't make any sense, these people didn't have a plan the brutal child's death just occurred. The only thing I will never be able to wrap my head around is how anyone could do this in the first place. There is just no excuse for these people to ever truly explain what happened, because people who can do this are not playing with a full deck and they need to be put down for their crime.

JIMO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Several comments in the thread have related to how abused the mother came across. Here's a reading of their behavior by the "Behavior Panel", a group of body language experts,  They saw abuse in her actions and saw him as an idiot and a liar.  

(1) Missing Persons Cases Fake Plea Ft. Caleb Whisnand and Angela Gardner - YouTube

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Vincennes said:

Several comments in the thread have related to how abused the mother came across. Here's a reading of their behavior by the "Behavior Panel", a group of body language experts,  They saw abuse in her actions and saw him as an idiot and a liar.  

(1) Missing Persons Cases Fake Plea Ft. Caleb Whisnand and Angela Gardner - YouTube

Great video thanks for sharing!:tu:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Great video thanks for sharing!:tu:

I really like that group of guys.  That one is the most definitive I have ever seen them with regard to someone's deceptiveness.  

(The one they have regarding Prince Andrew's interview is very, very interesting also)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vincennes said:

I really like that group of guys.  That one is the most definitive I have ever seen them with regard to someone's deceptiveness.  

(The one they have regarding Prince Andrew's interview is very, very interesting also)

Thank you very much, for your support of this thread and the information you have added it was great. I may check the other video out as I have time.

Thanks again:tu: Oh and by the way, I am a cat person too, love your avatar!:tu:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

On 5/20/2021 at 9:03 PM, Manwon Lender said:

because people who can do this are not playing with a full deck and they need to be put down for their crime.

They or anyone else that can kill a child, deserve to be ended as quickly as possible.  If any human being is worthy of death, it's a child killer or abuser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, and then said:

They or anyone else that can kill a child, deserve to be ended as quickly as possible.  If any human being is worthy of death, it's a child killer or abuser.

On that we totally agree, there is no punishment that is to terrible for them!!:angry:

If you get bored one of the others members posted a video in this thread, while it was an hour long it was a video that I would recommend.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, and then said:

/so true!! I will never understand how anyone could hurt an innocent child, esp, one so young and helpless 

• Like 2