Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
UM-Bot

Demi Lovato to host UFO investigation series

39 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Nuclear Wessel

Ugh...

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew

Sound up or sound down this could be something special...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Guitar
Posted (edited)

Another 'has been' celebrity trying to extend her career and stay in the public eye. I'd love to see a list of her scientific credentials and accomplishments in the field of UFO research. Next thing you know, she'll be a guest 'expert' on "Ancient Aliens". Oh, and don't forget some more 'secret government documents' that will be uncovered....I can hardly wait :clap:. Maybe they'll find a portal that takes them through to a guest appearance on Skinwalker Ranch ( which, by the way, could have been slightly interesting until that brought in that Linda Moulton Howe woman and blew any credibility to hell).

 

Edited by Mr Guitar
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DreadLordAvatar

DOA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps

I'm betwixt and between on tis one. I loves me my UFO's but it sounds also like a "let's hold hands and hum" expose, too. 
I'm from the old school, just show me the facts. I don't really trust ESP, psychic readings, and feelings

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
diddyman68

Not familliar with demi's work,but she can only be as bad as many others that tend to host these kinda shows.

Shattner was terrible,and spock was just as bad.maybe they hired them because they played spacemen in a low budget tv show.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
7 hours ago, Mr Guitar said:

Another 'has been' celebrity trying to extend her career and stay in the public eye. I'd love to see a list of her scientific credentials and accomplishments in the field of UFO research. Next thing you know, she'll be a guest 'expert' on "Ancient Aliens". Oh, and don't forget some more 'secret government documents' that will be uncovered....I can hardly wait :clap:. Maybe they'll find a portal that takes them through to a guest appearance on Skinwalker Ranch ( which, by the way, could have been slightly interesting until that brought in that Linda Moulton Howe woman and blew any credibility to hell).

 

Oh, jeez, she won't be worse than William Shatner, or that crazy "astro-physicist" on all the history channel UFO shows.   She won't be as appealing as Tsukolos though, he is adorable, doesn't even matter what he says.  :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mesuma

Once, when talking about food, she was asked what her favourite dish was. She answered "mug".  Enough said. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twin

mmmmmm Bee-   Um, I mean meditation and kumbaya can't be beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
godnodog

and suddenly Chait just turned real 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
An0n1m0us

Demi Lovato hosting a show on the UFO subject. Demi's credibility with anything, went out the window when she made her cocaine addiction public.

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TashaMarie
On 5/15/2021 at 12:46 AM, An0n1m0us said:

Demi Lovato hosting a show on the UFO subject. Demi's credibility with anything, went out the window when she made her cocaine addiction public.

 

Having a cocaine addiction does not make you any less credible. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
12 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

Having a cocaine addiction does not make you any less credible. 

Jeez!  She does not need to know anything about UFO's or be credible in the subject, she has been hired to be the talking head, she gets a script.   No credentials required except for a nice television voice and presence.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TashaMarie
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Jeez!  She does not need to know anything about UFO's or be credible in the subject, she has been hired to be the talking head, she gets a script.   No credentials required except for a nice television voice and presence.

I never said she needed to know anything about UFO's or be credible in the subject to be on the show.  I was merely pointing out that a drug addiction does not make her less credible. 

Edited by TashaMarie
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
diddyman68

Having credibility about the subject has never been required for these shows in the past.

Why start now.

The producers are probably just looking for someone people may recognise,looks and sounds good,and can read an autocue.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
20 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

I never said she needed to know anything about UFO's or be credible in the subject to be on the show.  I was merely pointing out that a drug addiction does not make her less credible. 

I was speaking to all the other comments that triggered yours.  I apologise for making it easy for you to take my comment personally.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TashaMarie
2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I was speaking to all the other comments that triggered yours.  I apologise for making it easy for you to take my comment personally.

Ah, okay thank you for clarifying.  I did think after I posted my reply I may have been taking it to personally.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Guitar
On 5/15/2021 at 10:44 PM, TashaMarie said:

Having a cocaine addiction does not make you any less credible. 

Drug addiction, to me, takes away all credibility. It shows that the person can't control his/her life without the use of some sort of mind altering substance and that takes away any respect I might have had for them (if any). Just remember that the person could have said "no" to that first dose and proven their strength but didn't. Obviously, that didn't happen and she is forever tainted in my eyes. As a lifelong professional musician, I've seen what drugs can do and have done to many people. I prefer to not associate with them and do not want them around me or my family. Sorry if this bruises your 'stoner' mentality but I tell it like I see it. If you don't start it in the first place, you won't become addicted. I have never understood why anyone would even be tempted to try any substance that alters their thought process but, I guess, they have no respect for themselves in the first place.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TashaMarie
6 hours ago, Mr Guitar said:

Drug addiction, to me, takes away all credibility. It shows that the person can't control his/her life without the use of some sort of mind altering substance and that takes away any respect I might have had for them (if any). Just remember that the person could have said "no" to that first dose and proven their strength but didn't. Obviously, that didn't happen and she is forever tainted in my eyes. As a lifelong professional musician, I've seen what drugs can do and have done to many people. I prefer to not associate with them and do not want them around me or my family. Sorry if this bruises your 'stoner' mentality but I tell it like I see it. If you don't start it in the first place, you won't become addicted. I have never understood why anyone would even be tempted to try any substance that alters their thought process but, I guess, they have no respect for themselves in the first place.

Are you calling me a stoner?  I hope you do not drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes while up there on your high horse.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Guitar
2 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

Are you calling me a stoner?  I hope you do not drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes while up there on your high horse.

I suggested that your attitude made you sound that way. And, yes, I have a beer about every six months and no, I don't smoke cigarettes or anything else for that matter. I have very strong opinions on drug use and what I've seen it do to people I cared about. I just see no point in screwing up your mind with chemicals. And, yes, I have been addicted through no fault of my own due to an inept doctor at the Veteran's Administration giving me benzo drugs for too long a time and to make matters worse, told me to stop taking  them 'cold turkey. I crashed and had to be rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night in 2015 - took me a solid year to get off the stuff. I haven't taken anything stronger than Tylenol and Melatonin since. So I've been there and done that and know of what I speak.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TashaMarie
2 hours ago, Mr Guitar said:

I suggested that your attitude made you sound that way. And, yes, I have a beer about every six months and no, I don't smoke cigarettes or anything else for that matter. I have very strong opinions on drug use and what I've seen it do to people I cared about. I just see no point in screwing up your mind with chemicals. And, yes, I have been addicted through no fault of my own due to an inept doctor at the Veteran's Administration giving me benzo drugs for too long a time and to make matters worse, told me to stop taking  them 'cold turkey. I crashed and had to be rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night in 2015 - took me a solid year to get off the stuff. I haven't taken anything stronger than Tylenol and Melatonin since. So I've been there and done that and know of what I speak.

I do not and have never taken drugs, I do not smoke and rarely drink and have myself previously had strong opinions on drugs and those who take them.  I have however, been lucky enough to speak with and listen to people who have been addicted to drugs who are now in recovery and am thoroughly ashamed of my past attitudes.  I wish I had, had this attitude when my youngest brother was alive instead of helping him I judged him, people with addictions are that people, who need help and understanding not judgement IMO.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Guitar
10 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

I do not and have never taken drugs, I do not smoke and rarely drink and have myself previously had strong opinions on drugs and those who take them.  I have however, been lucky enough to speak with and listen to people who have been addicted to drugs who are now in recovery and am thoroughly ashamed of my past attitudes.  I wish I had, had this attitude when my youngest brother was alive instead of helping him I judged him, people with addictions are that people, who need help and understanding not judgement IMO.

Sorry you went through that but it still boils down to the fact that, if you don't take the drugs in the first place, you don't get addicted - just that simple. In my case, it wasn't a matter of weakness, but it was me trying to fight depression and anxiety from my time in Vietnam and the failure of the medical system that I trusted and relied on for help. That's a lot different to me than the people who knowingly take drugs for recreational purposes  or because they can't face life - I have no empathy or understanding for them whatsoever because  I can see no reason for it other than foolish experimentation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
11 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

I do not and have never taken drugs, I do not smoke and rarely drink and have myself previously had strong opinions on drugs and those who take them.  I have however, been lucky enough to speak with and listen to people who have been addicted to drugs who are now in recovery and am thoroughly ashamed of my past attitudes.  I wish I had, had this attitude when my youngest brother was alive instead of helping him I judged him, people with addictions are that people, who need help and understanding not judgement IMO.

Not to mention everyone on the planet has at least one addiction, whether it is soap operas on television or coffee or something else, there is one or more things each of us has a habit of.   Yes, usually drug addicts and alcoholics are hard to deal with, don't accept responsibility etc.   But you can't judge them for being addicts, only for making bad choices.  Some addicts want help, find help, change their ways but it always is by replacing one bad habit with a more benign habit.   Others just want escape, and they usually get it completely eventually.    But I agree, the comment about Demi Lovato being and addict decreasing her credibility is silly, for more reasons than the addict comment.   She is an actress, and needs a job.  She got a job.   You don't have to watch the show.  ( @Mr Guitar )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
56 minutes ago, Mr Guitar said:

Sorry you went through that but it still boils down to the fact that, if you don't take the drugs in the first place, you don't get addicted - just that simple. In my case, it wasn't a matter of weakness, but it was me trying to fight depression and anxiety from my time in Vietnam and the failure of the medical system that I trusted and relied on for help. That's a lot different to me than the people who knowingly take drugs for recreational purposes  or because they can't face life - I have no empathy or understanding for them whatsoever because  I can see no reason for it other than foolish experimentation.

So, you think it is different that you got addicted because of trauma from Viet Nam, but a little girl being abused (not saying it is Demi, referring to my cousin) and molested by her mother's boyfriends when she was too young to understand, then being beaten and berated constantly by her mother is not trauma enough to justify her trying drugs because a friend told her it would make her feel better, that is not trauma worthy of your understanding?   You don't know what Demi Lovato went through, you can't decide just because she is famous that she just one day decided to check out of her "wonderful" life and become an addict.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.