Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
UM-Bot

Demi Lovato to host UFO investigation series

39 posts in this topic

Mr Guitar
8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So, you think it is different that you got addicted because of trauma from Viet Nam, but a little girl being abused (not saying it is Demi, referring to my cousin) and molested by her mother's boyfriends when she was too young to understand, then being beaten and berated constantly by her mother is not trauma enough to justify her trying drugs because a friend told her it would make her feel better, that is not trauma worthy of your understanding?   You don't know what Demi Lovato went through, you can't decide just because she is famous that she just one day decided to check out of her "wonderful" life and become an addict.  

Because a 'friend' told her? That's not much of an excuse to self medicate in my book. You know that drugs were (and probably still are) rampant in the entertainment industry and the 'in' thing to do at parties so I think it's highly likely that Ms Lovato's addiction might have some come that route. Regardless, being around that lifestyle makes it much more likely to become part of it when you want to be with the 'in crowd'. As to my experience, I went to the professionals (and I use the term loosely) with my problems instead of using street drugs and alcohol. If the doctor had followed the proper protocols mandated by the drug manufacturers, I would never have had a problem. I only did what I was told and it didn't work out but life goes on. As I said, it took me a terrible year to get off the stuff and, regardless of how bad things get, I will never go near those drugs again. I live with the effects of the trauma every day (50+ yrs later) but am never tempted to self medicate because I know the consequences. It's just a matter in believing in yourself and being strong enough to combat life's problems.

Desertrat56
16 minutes ago, Mr Guitar said:

Because a 'friend' told her? That's not much of an excuse to self medicate in my book. You know that drugs were (and probably still are) rampant in the entertainment industry and the 'in' thing to do at parties so I think it's highly likely that Ms Lovato's addiction might have some come that route. Regardless, being around that lifestyle makes it much more likely to become part of it when you want to be with the 'in crowd'. As to my experience, I went to the professionals (and I use the term loosely) with my problems instead of using street drugs and alcohol. If the doctor had followed the proper protocols mandated by the drug manufacturers, I would never have had a problem. I only did what I was told and it didn't work out but life goes on. As I said, it took me a terrible year to get off the stuff and, regardless of how bad things get, I will never go near those drugs again. I live with the effects of the trauma every day (50+ yrs later) but am never tempted to self medicate because I know the consequences. It's just a matter in believing in yourself and being strong enough to combat life's problems.

You have an excuse.  Just because you don't understand that there are other kinds of trauma is your problem not anyone else's.  So you admit that you were addicted and you have your excuse but no one else is allowed.   Really?  You are going to stand by that?   You don't think it is possible that peer pressure to a traumatized kid is the same mindset as you doing what your doctor ordered even though it turned out to be wrong?  You didn't realize at the time but you Were an Adult.   I am not arguing any more about this.  You can live up there on that high horse and judge if you want, but it only serves to alienate you from others and gives you excuses for your self righteous bad behavior.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

joc
Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2021 at 9:24 AM, Mr Guitar said:

Drug addiction, to me, takes away all credibility. It shows that the person can't control his/her life without the use of some sort of mind altering substance and that takes away any respect I might have had for them (if any).

22 hours ago, Mr Guitar said:

yes, I have been addicted

So you have no respect for yourself? do  you consider yourself credible?

Edited by joc
  • Like 3

Mr Guitar
3 hours ago, joc said:

So you have no respect for yourself? do  you consider yourself credible?

Mine was done to me - it was not something that I chose to do. There's a difference.

TashaMarie
11 minutes ago, Mr Guitar said:

Mine was done to me - it was not something that I chose to do. There's a difference.

Did the leaflet that came with the medication not give you a list of side effects and inform you that they were addictive?

• Like 2

Freez1

Well it’s not like there is a PHD on the subject I mean any half wit could wing it if they watch enough Ancient Aliens. 

joc
1 hour ago, Mr Guitar said:

Explain to me the difference.  Did you willingly choose to take the addictive medication?  I really am trying to understand.  

• Like 2

and then
On 5/15/2021 at 9:44 PM, TashaMarie said:

Having a cocaine addiction does not make you any less credible. 

I agree, but when a person isn't sure what gender they are, their credibility is worth double checking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mr Guitar
12 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

Did the leaflet that came with the medication not give you a list of side effects and inform you that they were addictive?

Nope - just got pills in the mail from VA

Mr Guitar
11 hours ago, joc said:

Explain to me the difference.  Did you willingly choose to take the addictive medication?  I really am trying to understand.  

Was not told it was addictive and was not told that taking it (*** Spam filter ***) long term was a problem. As I said, the dr screwed up.....royally by telling me to quit 'cold turkey', and later admitted it to my face but there was nothing I could do about it. I finally found a doctor who put me on some replacement drugs that were easier to get off of but it still took almost a year of slowly cutting down the dose to get clear. I would never have taken anything in the first place if I knew what I know now. Most people have sense enough to know that, if they choose to take heroin, cocaine, crack, etc., that they will become addicted and choose to do it anyway because it's normal to the lifestyle but , in my case, it was thrust upon me because I trusted the system. And, on top of everything else, the crap didn't really work very well to combat my PTSD/depression/anxiety.

• Thanks 1

TashaMarie
9 hours ago, and then said:

I agree, but when a person isn't sure what gender they are, their credibility is worth double checking.

Again nothing to do with credibility ,all she needs to do is host the programme which most of the time means reading a script. People are turning this into more than it needs to be.

• Like 1

TashaMarie
25 minutes ago, Mr Guitar said:

Nope - just got pills in the mail from VA

This sounds extremely dangerous who sends medication, highly addictive medication at that through the post without clear warnings of the addictive nature and potential side effects of the medication?  Why on earth would a doctor not discuss this in full with you as the patient prior to prescribing it?  Did you physically see the doctor before being prescribed the medication?  

• Thanks 1

Mr Guitar
1 hour ago, TashaMarie said:

This sounds extremely dangerous who sends medication, highly addictive medication at that through the post without clear warnings of the addictive nature and potential side effects of the medication?  Why on earth would a doctor not discuss this in full with you as the patient prior to prescribing it?  Did you physically see the doctor before being prescribed the medication?  

Meds originally prescribed by GP who offered no insight. VA psydoc told me to quit 'cold turkey' and I didn't know different. There probably was some written info but if you read that stuff, you'll never take the medicine. It's, usually, a case of the doctor thinking it will do more good than harm so they hand it out. I think, in my case, the doc passed out the product of whichever company was paying for his yearly ski trips to Montana. It's all water under the bridge now.

• Like 1

HollyDolly

I'm sorry to hear your cousin had a horrible time, and I pray she finds peace and that someone  came to her aid got her out of that situation.

As far as Demi goes, why not, everyone else jumps o n the UFO bandwagon. The United States government is never going to tell Mr.and Mrs.taxpayer  what they really know.

• Like 1