Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost photographed at infamously haunted Waverly Hills Sanatorium?

Still Waters

A woman visiting the infamously haunted Waverly Hill Sanatorium in Kentucky snapped a spooky photograph that appears to show an apparition lurking in a doorway. The eerie image was captured this past Saturday evening by Maggie Clark while she was participating in one of the site's popular ghost tours.

https://news.iheart.com/featured/coast-to-coast-am/content/2021-05-12-ghost-photographed-at-infamously-haunted-waverly-hills-sanatorium/

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/ghost-photographed-at-infamously-haunted-waverly-hills-sanatorium/

• Like 2

It would be nice if there was another pic of the same area taken to validate there was actually nothing there. It's hard to tell but the "foot" looks to have a shadow. The ground looks wet so it could be a reflection of some kind.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

Papameter Reading

80% Ghost    10% Real Person or Natural      10% Hoax

Meter's running hot because of the location's (Waverly Hills) past strong claims and taking a lot of photographs is what people do at such events. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

a lot of photographs

Okay...

Past claims and Pictures make claims real?

santa_bunny.jpg&ehk=UrA3ALRsfEFSnmvcsx0z

Shopping malls are full of claims of seeing these guys so according to papa 80% real.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

what a novel door stop a thing shaped like a foot

• Haha 3

It could have been a reflection. Nothing convincing here

• Like 2

On 5/13/2021 at 9:35 PM, Still Waters said:

A woman visiting the infamously haunted Waverly Hill Sanatorium in Kentucky snapped a spooky photograph that appears to show an apparition lurking in a doorway. The eerie image was captured this past Saturday evening by Maggie Clark while she was participating in one of the site's popular ghost tours.

https://news.iheart.com/featured/coast-to-coast-am/content/2021-05-12-ghost-photographed-at-infamously-haunted-waverly-hills-sanatorium/

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/ghost-photographed-at-infamously-haunted-waverly-hills-sanatorium/

It looks like a double exposure to me, but I am no expert. Anyway, it's a cool photograph unless it was intentionally faked.

JIMO

On 5/14/2021 at 12:10 AM, papageorge1 said:

Papameter Reading

Meter's running hot because of the location's (Waverly Hills) past strong claims and taking a lot of photographs is what people do at such events. 

I don't agree with you in your opinion on this, but I certainly love the Papameter and your descriptions. Honestly Papa I don't believe in such things, but I must admit it would be real cool if they did occur. :yes:

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

I don't agree with you in your opinion on this, but I certainly love the Papameter and your descriptions. Honestly Papa I don't believe in such things, but I must admit it would be real cool if they did occur. :yes:

But, but, Manwon? What do you think really happened in that photo? And all the many other similar ones? All fakers and delusional people becomes harder to believe than ghosts after a point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

But, but, Manwon? What do you think really happened in that photo? And all the many other similar ones? All fakers and delusional people becomes harder to believe than ghosts after a point.

Let's get one thing straight, I am not belittling you or your beliefs and truly enjoy your posts. The thing I like most is the fact that you don't back down, no matter how many people tell you are wrong and I respect that. The problem I see with this photo, is the fact it can be reproduced by creating a double exposure. So because it can be reproduced scientifically in this way, I look at photos like this one as intentionally made or accidentally made. But, either way it's difficult to believe it's a ghost.

In the beginning When I saw photos like this I didn't understand that they could be intentionally made to look that way. I would read these posts and listen to those with photography experience, and then one day I went online to see how these photos could be made. After I saw how easy it is to make them today, it just made sense that's what I was seeing. But, Papa I still do have an open mind and there may come a day where no explanation exists scientifically then maybe I will not be so skeptical. 

58 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Let's get one thing straight, I am not belittling you or your beliefs and truly enjoy your posts. The thing I like most is the fact that you don't back down, no matter how many people tell you are wrong and I respect that. The problem I see with this photo, is the fact it can be reproduced by creating a double exposure. So because it can be reproduced scientifically in this way, I look at photos like this one as intentionally made or accidentally made. But, either way it's difficult to believe it's a ghost.

In the beginning When I saw photos like this I didn't understand that they could be intentionally made to look that way. I would read these posts and listen to those with photography experience, and then one day I went online to see how these photos could be made. After I saw how easy it is to make them today, it just made sense that's what I was seeing. But, Papa I still do have an open mind and there may come a day where no explanation exists scientifically then maybe I will not be so skeptical. 

But at a point the argument that all these people are intentionally frauding us in these photos becomes unreasonable. Don't you agree?

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

But at a point the argument that all these people are intentionally frauding us in these photos becomes unreasonable. Don't you agree?

Why would that be the case?

Beliefs that such are likely answer are fraudulent IMHO. Unintentional fraud. People like you who say in some cases they can't offer a solid conclusion but list the paranormal as a likely possibility. Although in your case I'm not convinced it's unintentional. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Why would that be the case?

Beliefs that such are likely answer are fraudulent IMHO. Unintentional fraud. People like you who say in some cases they can't offer a solid conclusion but list the paranormal as a likely possibility. Although in your case I'm not convinced it's unintentional. 

Dude, re-read your post. What were you even trying to say for Pete's sake?

13 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Actually I don't agree, and here is why. When people go to locations like the location in this thread, they go there with a preconceived notion that the place is haunted. I never said all the people were intentionally defrauding anyone, mistakes with cameras happen. But when a reproducible type of image continues to occur by the same individual that in my opinion is fraud. When someone takes a photo and something like this happens for the first time at a location like Waverly Hills, an automatic assumption is made given the location and why the person went there in the first place. 

What it all comes down to for me is this. If a photo can be easily reproduced with scientific methods all such photos are suspect. When a photo can't be reproduced by Scientific methods, then I am open to suggestions until then I will remain a skeptic. 

11 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Actually I don't agree, and here is why. When people go to locations like the location in this thread, they go there with a preconceived notion that the place is haunted. I never said all the people were intentionally defrauding anyone, mistakes with cameras happen. But when a reproducible type of image continues to occur by the same individual that in my opinion is fraud. When someone takes a photo and something like this happens for the first time at a location like Waverly Hills, an automatic assumption is made given the location and why the person went there in the first place. 

What it all comes down to for me is this. If a photo can be easily reproduced with scientific methods all such photos are suspect. When a photo can't be reproduced by Scientific methods, then I am open to suggestions until then I will remain a skeptic. 

With today's technology I doubt there is any alleged paranormal photograph that could not be produced through technical efforts. 

We perhaps differ then on our judgment of human nature. I believe most people will be honest to the best of their ability with this kind of stuff but of course there will be a minority of deceivers. 

So we are left with a best judgment all things considered. I gave mine:

Papameter Reading

Edit: another difference between us is that you seem to be thinking in terms of accepting or rejecting the claim of ghost. I think either stance is logically unacceptable based on what we know. 

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 10:39 PM, ted hughes said:

I'm not saying this is what happened here but apparently double exposures aren't that hard to achieve. Many cameras have multiple exposure modes as standard. An amateur photographer might mistakenly get a double exposure I suppose: How to take double exposure pictures in your camera | TechRadar

ghost.jpg

Boom. I agree

I don’t believe in an afterlife nor any sort of energy after we die…. But….. there is so much smoke I always wonder if there is an ember of reality burning somewhere we have no idea about.