Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Over 100 Republicans sign letter threatening to form third party

Vorg

Fearing for their jobs, the top Republicans are laying down the law.  The choices are: Trump or Truth.

If you don't go with Trump, you will be intimidated, ostracized, and probably run against in the mid-terms.

Very few in Congress are willing to speak out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hold on a minute... "100 Republicans" ? 

Not 100 Republican Representatives, or 100 Republican Senators, or even 100 Republican State Representatives.. but just 100 normal folk who are members of the Republican party ? 

100 out of how many hundreds of thousands ? Or millions ? 

Why is this even a headline ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Why is this even a headline ? 

Evidently you cared enough to read it and comment. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

So you're guessing maybe democratic super-pacs or similar may help them out?  That seems mildly unethical, do you really think members of our government would stoop that low?

There are many wealthy donors that give to both Republicans and Democrats.  They don't have to be Democratic super-pacs, just independent contributors.   Anybody that does give a lot of money does so expecting favorable results.  it may not be quid pro quo, but they suspect the candidate they support  will vote for things they like.  Business will follow their own interests.  Some people like  Adam Kinzinger won his district by 12 points more than Trump won it in 2020, he may survive. All Democrats have to do is say some kind words about the rebel alliance, they don't have to give their own money.

Since you mentioned ethics, here is what Kevin McCarthy said yesterday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-republican-leader-mccarthy-no-one-questioning-legitimacy-2020-election-n1267140

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy told reporters, "I don’t think anybody is questioning the legitimacy of the presidential election."

"I think that is all over with," 

Has he told Donald Trump and And Then what he thinks today?  He will say and do what he needs to do to stay in power.  No ethics involved. Nobody in Trumps circle will believe his remarks or if they do will soon try to cancel him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, OverSword said:

Prediction.  If they split none will be re-elected because the republicans will just dump a lot of money into campaigns to replace them.  #no faith in the system :hmm:

edit:  If they are smart they'll dump trump regardless.  

Look how fast Kevin McCarthy swapped. He is afraid of Trump and the influence he still has. I hope they do dump Trump. They need to take the binkies out of their mouths and grow up. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Sad that so few chose truth, honor, the Constitution, and preservation of the republic over power at any price.

Purging  conservatives from the Republican party will not gain them any more voters.  A hundred is no big deal.  Even if it runs into thousands that join a new party or become independents  it will only matter in close contests, The Trump base will stay no doubt, but he will not attract any more conservatives or business types. Businesses can't make a profit in alternative realities. People that are successful at running businesses on a large scale have seen enough of Trump.  Doesn't mean they like Democrats any better though.  They may be a source of funding for the split.  They may be able to out spend the Trump wing, especially after Donald J takes care of his legal expenses and personal needs from the funds they have raised in his name.

Truth and common sense will not defeat Trump, but the inevitability of mortality will. 

Well, If they do form a new party, that will probably be my party. I am not a democrat, and won't support the weaklings in D.C afraid of Trump.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Evidently you cared enough to read it and comment. 

That's a very good point and excellently made!:D

6 hours ago, South Alabam said:

Well, If they do form a new party, that will probably be my party. I am not a democrat, and won't support the weaklings in D.C afraid of Trump.

You could choose the Libertarian party, they are the first disaffected Republicans/conservatives.  Thank goodness we don't have the John Birch society anymore.

• Like 2

All of the protestations of the GOP are  hollow.  Their own words betray them.  They are trying to deny that 1/6 ever happened or that Trump instigated it.  Now they want to say these were only patriotic peaceful citizens on a tour.  McCarthy wants to have it every way he can depending on who he is talking to at the moment.  Liz Cheney was in their way because they want to cover up the past and their failures and get on with fear mongering and anger.  "Ignoring the lie emboldens the liar.."

If these people were proud of what they did or believed it was right, they would own it.  Instead they lie and cringe and spread fear and hate to stay in power. They have no honor or integrity.   Neither do they  have  conservative alternatives to move forward.  They are a cult of self serving cowards following their superlative example.

If you want continued violence and distrust with no progress this would be a way to do it.   If you wanted to watch our rivals bury us without a fight this would be a way to do it.  If you wanted to turn a great country into a sh**hole country, this would be a way to start.

• Like 1

#45 has divided an entire nation and anyone who did not concluded 4 years ago already that this would also happen with the GOP, was/is naive. I think the formation of a new party is a very important step for the US democracy because its a big chance to left the toxic trend of the past behind.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, toast said:

#45 has divided an entire nation and anyone who did not concluded 4 years ago already that this would also happen with the GOP, was/is naive. I think the formation of a new party is a very important step for the US democracy because its a big chance to left the toxic trend of the past behind.

Now we need the democrats to spilt a few times and make sure independents can get on ballots in every state.   We have a Green party which is the local democrats who couldn't get support from the democratic party.   They never got organized in all the states though.   At one point we had a Spirit party and a Freedom party but they never got on any ballots in more than a few states.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2021 at 11:23 AM, Buzz_Light_Year said:

A schism in the Republican party, a Democrat wet dream.

Ya'll did this to yourselves when you sold your souls to an orange devil.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Ya'll did this to yourselves when you sold your souls to an orange devil.

You need to quit snorting the whipped cream on the latte's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

You need to quit snorting the whipped cream on the latte's.

This sounds like a delicious treat!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

All of the protestations of the GOP are  hollow.  Their own words betray them.  They are trying to deny that 1/6 ever happened or that Trump instigated it.  Now they want to say these were only patriotic peaceful citizens on a tour.  McCarthy wants to have it every way he can depending on who he is talking to at the moment.  Liz Cheney was in their way because they want to cover up the past and their failures and get on with fear mongering and anger.  "Ignoring the lie emboldens the liar.."

If these people were proud of what they did or believed it was right, they would own it.  Instead they lie and cringe and spread fear and hate to stay in power. They have no honor or integrity.   Neither do they  have  conservative alternatives to move forward.  They are a cult of self serving cowards following their superlative example.

If you want continued violence and distrust with no progress this would be a way to do it.   If you wanted to watch our rivals bury us without a fight this would be a way to do it.  If you wanted to turn a great country into a sh**hole country, this would be a way to start.

Hell yeah. Even Trump said they were hugging Police Officers on 1/6, ignoring the pandemonium elsewhere. Maybe he was right though, some were probably bear hugged.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toast said:

It will remain toxic as long as the wussies in DC are afraid of him. If you don't support this man he will berate you and call you names. So Presidential :rolleyes:

He will announce he is running in 22, if the Senate and house are taken by the GOP.

That way in his mind, even if he loses the election, his party will ensure that he has people willing to steal it for him. Unlike Mike Pence, who followed the law as set forth by the constitution. And even Trump said, "If Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election."

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, South Alabam said:

It will remain toxic as long as the wussies in DC are afraid of him. If you don't support this man he will berate you and call you names. So Presidential :rolleyes:

He will announce he is running in 22, if the Senate and house are taken by the GOP.

That way in his mind, even if he loses the election, his party will ensure that he has people willing to steal it for him. Unlike Mike Pence, who followed the law as set forth by the constitution. And even Trump said, "If Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election."

I`m of the opinion that there will be a more dangerous situation than it is expected these days. My thoughts: #45 will keep to promise to run again in 2024 and will take Trump Jr. on board latest in 2023. On the last mile in 2024, Trump Jr. will be nominated as a candidate, fully supported by his father with arguments like "we need the new generation in politicsyadyadayada", to the pleasure of the blinded. #45 was/is a dangerous and destructive character but his son is even more dangerous because he is not such stupid like his father. That scenario would be the biggest nightmare possible and, on a gloabl scale.

But, I`m still confident that the Biden administration will be able establish, or re-establish, unity not only within the population but also between the 2 big parties in the US.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, toast said:

I`m of the opinion that there will be a more dangerous situation than it is expected these days. My thoughts: #45 will keep to promise to run again in 2024 and will take Trump Jr. on board latest in 2023. On the last mile in 2024, Trump Jr. will be nominated as a candidate, fully supported by his father with arguments like "we need the new generation in politicsyadyadayada", to the pleasure of the blinded. #45 was/is a dangerous and destructive character but his son is even more dangerous because he is not such stupid like his father. That scenario would be the biggest nightmare possible and, on a gloabl scale.

But, I`m still confident that the Biden administration will be able establish, or re-establish, unity not only within the population but also between the 2 big parties in the US.

I miss young George Bush.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Me too, meanwhile and somehow. But not as a replacement for Joe.

5 minutes ago, toast said:

Me too, meanwhile and somehow. But not as a replacement for Joe.

No, I just think the republicans could have done better last time. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

You could choose the Libertarian party, they are the first disaffected Republicans/conservatives.  Thank goodness we don't have the John Birch society anymore.

Or the Librarian Party, they’re very quiet but also very organised.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Ladies and Gentlemen.... I give you the most perfect example of “phrases we never thought we’d hear 20 years ago”. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Or the Librarian Party, they’re very quiet but also very organised.

I would join the Librarian Party.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I would join the Librarian Party.  

They have the quietest rallies. :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

They have the quietest rallies. :rolleyes:

Being the bookworms they are, and all.

• Like 1